More Good Old Games

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
berntie
Scout
Scout

Re: More Good Old Games

Unread postby berntie » 24 Aug 2009, 17:27

Richard Hallas wrote:(b) it sounds as though the CD they transferred the music from was slightly faulty, as there are a handful of little pops and crackles that aren't there on my Heroes CD.
This might be related.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

More Good Old Games

Unread postby astral76minor » 24 Aug 2009, 20:23

Off Amazon and Ebay, one can still purchase the original CD of Heroes Gold Edition. Used, but original. These are going to be very rare soon.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

More Good Old Games

Unread postby michiganjf » 25 Aug 2009, 08:05

The Might and Magic Package includes ALL of the Might and Magic series 1 through 6, plus bonus packs... not just the 6th game but all of the ACTUAL GAMES are included! I can't wait to play these again!

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

More Good Old Games

Unread postby astral76minor » 25 Aug 2009, 20:48

Heroes 2 - The Price of Loyalty includes 4 tracks not found on the first CD. Three of them have vocals and one is the win game track. I do not know if Gold has all the tracks from the two original CDs. And if the music does not play well on this Direct Download of Gold, then guess people need to buy the original discs. That means all 3. About 12-15 bucks a piece. Out of production and definitely worth it if one runs XP.

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Good Old Games

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 26 Aug 2009, 10:27

astral76minor: You're mistaken. The Price of Loyalty CD contains *six* tracks that aren't on the original Heroes CD, but they replace six existing tracks. They're six new town themes. Four of them are vocal, two instrumental. The track you're referring to as the win-game track is actually the new music for the knight town: it is indeed a new extended arrangement of the winning theme, but the winning theme itself remains the same as before.

I've been in touch with GOG about the music issues discussed here (these six missing tracks and audio faults in others), and I'm hopeful that there may possibly be an update to address these issues. Watch this space...
Edited on Wed, Aug 26 2009, 06:28 by Richard Hallas

RTJackson71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RTJackson71 » 26 Aug 2009, 17:29

Richard Hallas wrote:
I've been in touch with GOG about the music issues discussed here (these six missing tracks and audio faults in others), and I'm hopeful that there may possibly be an update to address these issues. Watch this space...
Edited on Wed, Aug 26 2009, 06:28 by Richard Hallas
Looking forward to hearing about your correspondence. While it's amazing to be able to listen to the music without the cd, I really did enjoy the new town themes.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

More Good Old Games

Unread postby astral76minor » 26 Aug 2009, 20:36

Then the only way to get the six missing songs is to buy the original Heroes 2 - The Price of Loyalty expansion disc. Buy now off Amazon if you are so inclined. I already did a few weeks back. It was a little scratched but works perfect with some pledge cleaner & a felt cloth. I like the fact, that one can still listen to the old songs on disc 1 and then use disc 2 to switch to the new songs to keep things interesting.

I stand corrected and am glad that people still enjoy this game. Thanks. Maybe GoG will get the new songs, but we know there is a way around this.
Edited on Wed, Aug 26 2009, 17:05 by astral76minor

kerhonker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Good Old Games

Unread postby kerhonker » 28 Aug 2009, 19:51

i just got h3 and it is running well on both my laptops and desktop..i can not wait to go thru armaggedons blade etc......more of these classics are worth bringing back to newer machibes or operating systems......

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

More Good Old Games

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 09 Sep 2009, 02:29

Sounds good. :)
Image Image Image

diorj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Good Old Games

Unread postby diorj » 28 Sep 2009, 13:26

Does anyone know if the Heroes 3 version has widescreen support. I'd love to be able to play it without stretching or switching screen resolutions.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Sep 2009, 14:03

It can be played in a window, but you'll have to change your screen colour options. Also, not sure about nVidia, but if you use ATI video cards, you can change your Virtual Panel to Keep Aspect Ratio and the computer will automatically make it fit on your screen without distorting it.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 14 Nov 2009, 15:04

Richard Hallas wrote:I've been in touch with GOG about the music issues discussed here (these six missing tracks and audio faults in others), and I'm hopeful that there may possibly be an update to address these issues. Watch this space...
So can you give us an update about those issues? I'm really curious what they might have told you...

Return to “News”