Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 09.03.2019]

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 13 Mar 2019, 23:16

Vetrinus wrote:
Templayer wrote:If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
The real secret pathways require no activation and are offered somewhat earlier than the ones that I think you are referring to. ^_^
Wait, what?
Since when are there secret pathways that don't require Town Portal? I know there used to be six points of "high magical presence" across all three continents... has this changed?
EDIT::: I got it to work after trying a few times on different game days the menu came up! yay :)

Ok trying to be a bit vague here as to not accidentally spoil anything for anyone - but concerning continent travel I think I have encountered a bug. I just hired a gate master and activated the town portal at new sorpegal’s secret place, met the new character, and ‘accepted a gift’ but trying to cast town portal again after its recharged on a different day then on causes a bug for me I think. I assume I am supposed to be able to travel to another continent but all that happens is a very quick screen glitch and then nothing. Speaking to my gate master NPC confirms he has had his town portal cast for the day but no continent menu or normal travel menu comes up. If I step away from the magic place (a few paces away) I can cast the spell and go to any MM6 town as normal so I don’t think it’s my particular npc that’s buggy :s any ideas anyone? :)
Last edited by Treesprite17 on 13 Mar 2019, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 14 Mar 2019, 00:22

Treesprite17 wrote:
Vetrinus wrote:
Templayer wrote:If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
The real secret pathways require no activation and are offered somewhat earlier than the ones that I think you are referring to. ^_^
Wait, what?
Since when are there secret pathways that don't require Town Portal? I know there used to be six points of "high magical presence" across all three continents... has this changed?
EDIT::: I got it to work after trying a few times on different game days the menu came up! yay :)

Ok trying to be a bit vague here as to not accidentally spoil anything for anyone - but concerning continent travel I think I have encountered a bug. I just hired a gate master and activated the town portal at new sorpegal’s secret place, met the new character, and ‘accepted a gift’ but trying to cast town portal again after its recharged on a different day then on causes a bug for me I think. I assume I am supposed to be able to travel to another continent but all that happens is a very quick screen glitch and then nothing. Speaking to my gate master NPC confirms he has had his town portal cast for the day but no continent menu or normal travel menu comes up. If I step away from the magic place (a few paces away) I can cast the spell and go to any MM6 town as normal so I don’t think it’s my particular npc that’s buggy :s any ideas anyone? :)
Never really used gate masters as my favorite npcs are instructor+scholar, so I cant rlly tell, maybe try hiring a new one, or try going out of map and then back in (like travel to Ironfist and then back)...

Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 14 Mar 2019, 01:04

Piottor wrote:
Treesprite17 wrote:
Vetrinus wrote:
Wait, what?

Never really used gate masters as my favorite npcs are instructor+scholar, so I cant rlly tell, maybe try hiring a new one, or try going out of map and then back in (like travel to Ironfist and then back)...
Hi not to worry it fixed itself after a few tries (went to sleep at the inn and tried again next game day - repeated this a few times and tried again and it worked) ! :)

Now my sprightly little team of Enrothian level 7s can happily squish some dragonflies on Emerald Isle :) yay!

Edits: spelling
Last edited by Treesprite17 on 14 Mar 2019, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 14 Mar 2019, 02:17

Hello everyone. I am a big fan of MM6-9 and I am new to this forum. I was excited when I stumbled on this Mod a week ago. I was equally excited when I came across “The Chaos Conspiracy” and the “Maestro Mod” for MM7. Rodril, you did a great job and made a lot of fans excited with your work. One thing I would like to see is the merging of the two mods mentioned above with MM8. I know this question has been asked a lot but how do I get to the Breach? Thanks.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 14 Mar 2019, 13:55

I'm excited for new repaints now. With the new guide maybe some artists will be encouraged to help out in making the missing armors' and other items' graphics. Personally I'd love if Grayface did them all, since he's flawless at it. I could even pay him 100 bucks to do it (not lying here)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Mar 2019, 19:06

Vetrinus wrote:
Wait, what?
No, it hasn't, and those aren't really that secret. But there are secret ones which do not require townportal. I can PM you one if you wish.

Reported by: Jesse Noland » Mar 13 2019, 15:06 PDT
- Castle Harmondale’s entrance image when you’re just entering it after winning doesn’t show the dilapidated version, it immediatly shows the version that plays when it’s ‘fixed.’
- Saving and loading said save in certain maps instantly regenerates monsters and loot. Noticeable inside Castle Harmondale before getting it fixed.
Piottor wrote:Okay so after a while of playing in Antagarich, namely Emerald Isle and Castle Harmondale I noticed a few things...

First thing I noticed is that mobs that had chance to give "extra" loot in forms of rings (rats) did so extremely likely...In Temple of Moon I managed to get half of one inventory filled in with rings, just from rats...

Other thing was that dragon on Emerald Isle didnt have loot aside from gold...I remember spending countless minutes at start of every MM7 gameplay getting an artifact or relic from this dragon via save/load...sometimes even two (we all know the loot body glitch :) )

But I thought that the loot glitch (atleast in my eyes) was limited to Emerald Isle...it was not...

In castle Harmondale I got so much loot from goblins (random armors, weapons, amulets and rings) , rats (rings) and bats (rings) that it aint even funny...check out the images provided in a link ( https://imgur.com/a/yc0rUWh ), all these items you see on the images are looted from corpses and trash heaps only, no items except for alchemy reagents and gold were looted from castle chests...I think this should get adressed as it gives extreme advantage when your starting continent is Antagarich :)

Edit: Im sorry for rather bad quality of photos, they were done by phone as I dont know if GoG even has some screenshot mechanic/system...tried many keys but neither really saved a screenshot anywhere :D

Also a bug hit me on my way to Harmondale from Emerald Isle - all skills in armors were reduced by one mastery tier - my Champion went from GM Plate to Master, my Hero went from Master Plate to Expert, my Master wizzard went from Expert Leather to normal, my Master archer went from GM Chain to Master and my High Priest went from Expert Chain to normal...Shield mastery tiers were not changed...
Man, you shouldn't be photographing your screen like that, it's not 2006 anymore! :D
Did you try just printscreening it (using the printscreen button...) and paste into paint? :D
I'm using Bandicam to record and screencap. (do not mistake it with Hypercam, some people do).

Added to the Bug Tracker.
Treesprite17 wrote: Ok trying to be a bit vague here as to not accidentally spoil anything for anyone - but concerning continent travel I think I have encountered a bug. I just hired a gate master and activated the town portal at new sorpegal’s secret place, met the new character, and ‘accepted a gift’ but trying to cast town portal again after its recharged on a different day then on causes a bug for me I think. I assume I am supposed to be able to travel to another continent but all that happens is a very quick screen glitch and then nothing. Speaking to my gate master NPC confirms he has had his town portal cast for the day but no continent menu or normal travel menu comes up. If I step away from the magic place (a few paces away) I can cast the spell and go to any MM6 town as normal so I don’t think it’s my particular npc that’s buggy :s any ideas anyone? :)
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Mar 2019, 19:09

DaveHer wrote:Hello everyone. I am a big fan of MM6-9 and I am new to this forum. I was excited when I stumbled on this Mod a week ago. I was equally excited when I came across “The Chaos Conspiracy” and the “Maestro Mod” for MM7. Rodril, you did a great job and made a lot of fans excited with your work. One thing I would like to see is the merging of the two mods mentioned above with MM8. I know this question has been asked a lot but how do I get to the Breach? Thanks.
Welcome, have a nice stay. Verdant contacts you some time after you hop the continents, if I remember correctly, then do stuff for her.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 14 Mar 2019, 20:12

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Hello everyone. I am a big fan of MM6-9 and I am new to this forum. I was excited when I stumbled on this Mod a week ago. I was equally excited when I came across “The Chaos Conspiracy” and the “Maestro Mod” for MM7. Rodril, you did a great job and made a lot of fans excited with your work. One thing I would like to see is the merging of the two mods mentioned above with MM8. I know this question has been asked a lot but how do I get to the Breach? Thanks.
Welcome, have a nice stay. Verdant contacts you some time after you hop the continents, if I remember correctly, then do stuff for her.
I already did all the stuff for her. I have the rod. I did not know what to do next. I did click the rod on portraits, but it's to locate persons and things not places. :(

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 14 Mar 2019, 21:59

Templayer wrote:I know a secret pathway in MM8 - it is located on the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one you spawn on, and can be triggered without anything. You can just start the game and ... "jump right in". *hint hint*
I also know that the ones on the other continents aren't accessible so fast as the one at MM8, but still somewhat early.
So, how do you activate them? I found one in Dragonsand, when you approach it, get a message "you can feel rubber dildo entering you anus". But how do you move to another realm?

tm317
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tm317 » 15 Mar 2019, 03:55

Every time I try to enter Stone City I crash. This is the first game breaking problem I have found.
I was able to finish MM6 without a problem.
Any ideas on how to get by the crash?
Not sure how to attach my save game file.

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 15 Mar 2019, 04:27

qtish wrote:
Templayer wrote:I know a secret pathway in MM8 - it is located on the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one you spawn on, and can be triggered without anything. You can just start the game and ... "jump right in". *hint hint*
I also know that the ones on the other continents aren't accessible so fast as the one at MM8, but still somewhat early.
So, how do you activate them? I found one in Dragonsand, when you approach it, get a message "you can feel rubber dildo entering you anus". But how do you move to another realm?
For this one (Dragonsand), use your "spellbook" ;-)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Mar 2019, 06:36

qtish wrote:
Those ones require the use of a spell in your repertoire. If you go like a page or two back here on the thread, I even wrote which one.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 15 Mar 2019, 11:15

tm317 wrote:Every time I try to enter Stone City I crash. This is the first game breaking problem I have found.
Try to put this file into "...Scripts\Maps" folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hjfw8qe5yobt ... 1.lua?dl=0 , tell me if it works.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 15 Mar 2019, 11:32

Rodril wrote:
tm317 wrote:Every time I try to enter Stone City I crash. This is the first game breaking problem I have found.
Try to put this file into "...Scripts\Maps" folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hjfw8qe5yobt ... 1.lua?dl=0 , tell me if it works.
I use to have the same problem going in to stone city. When I used dgVoodoo2 the problem went away.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 15 Mar 2019, 18:03

Hi,

began a new party with the recent changes (havent played in a while, so i threw away the old save files).
When i started out in Enroth and had a person to resuce (like the child in New Sorpigal, or the Gal from the Thieves Guild@Iron Fist) with me, i realised they were taking money from every stash inside a robbed chest - they didnt do corpse money though.

I'm not sure, if that was already in the original MM6 too, but i think i better write here, just in case.

Justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 15 Mar 2019, 18:15

justl wrote:When i started out in Enroth and had a person to resuce (like the child in New Sorpigal, or the Gal from the Thieves Guild@Iron Fist) with me, i realised they were taking money from every stash inside a robbed chest
Angela Dawson took the gold only because she wanted to make life a little better for her and her mother. As for the gal from the Thieves' Guild, she was kidnapped, so what'd you expect? She figured she might as well take some of the spoils and live a lavish lifestyle after that harrowing experience.
Last edited by Anubis on 15 Mar 2019, 18:16, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Mar 2019, 18:30

By clicking my profile here you can actually send me an email through one of the options, I can put it on my server. :D

Also what sort of crash? Does the Debug Console pop up? If it does, please copy paste the text inside and give it to us. If not (and it is a "hard" crash), any further info would be appreciated.
DaveHer wrote: I use to have the same problem going in to stone city. When I used dgVoodoo2 the problem went away.
Added as a note to the previous report.
Anubis wrote:
justl wrote:When i started out in Enroth and had a person to resuce (like the child in New Sorpigal, or the Gal from the Thieves Guild@Iron Fist) with me, i realised they were taking money from every stash inside a robbed chest
Angela Dawson took the gold only because she wanted to make life a little better for her and her mother. As for the gal from the Thieves' Guild, she was kidnapped, so what'd you expect? She figured she might as well take some of the spoils and live a lavish lifestyle after that harrowing experience.
Even some vanilla bugs should be fixed. Like this one. Added to the Bug Tracker.

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 15 Mar 2019, 21:55

Templayer wrote: Man, you shouldn't be photographing your screen like that, it's not 2006 anymore! :D
Did you try just printscreening it (using the printscreen button...) and paste into paint? :D
I'm using Bandicam to record and screencap. (do not mistake it with Hypercam, some people do).
I am sorry, I used to have fraps but ever since I had a new laptop I forgot to install it or anything as substitute, resulting in a very unfashionable and old-style screenshots :D I will download the program you mentioned, thanks for a tip :)

Edit: About the printscreen - I tried to printscreen it, but in order to save it for example in paint (or similar program) I would have to completly close the game, since if I alt-tab I get a complete freeze of MM8 (actually this happens on MM6 on Uplay, MM7 on GoG aswell) and cant restore the game unless I close it via Task Manager...making it go "windowed" via one of F-keys doesnt help either...it simply freezes when it loses focus...
Last edited by Piottor on 15 Mar 2019, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

tm317
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tm317 » 16 Mar 2019, 01:18

Rodril wrote:

That fixed it! Thanks.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Mar 2019, 08:33

Piottor wrote:
Templayer wrote: Man, you shouldn't be photographing your screen like that, it's not 2006 anymore! :D
I am sorry, I used to have fraps but ever since I had a new laptop I forgot to install it or anything as substitute, resulting in a very unfashionable and old-style screenshots :D I will download the program you mentioned, thanks for a tip :)

Edit: About the printscreen - I tried to printscreen it, but in order to save it for example in paint (or similar program) I would have to completly close the game, since if I alt-tab I get a complete freeze of MM8 (actually this happens on MM6 on Uplay, MM7 on GoG aswell) and cant restore the game unless I close it via Task Manager...making it go "windowed" via one of F-keys doesnt help either...it simply freezes when it loses focus...
With Bandicam I recommend using variable bitrate with the MPEG1 codec and set the quality to 100%. This makes it a good "raw footage" recorder, to be edited later, usually with smaller file size (sometimes 1 hour means one 1 GB of space for me for older games, which is excellent for raw recordings with no visual loss!), pretty much any software can take MPEG1 as an input (i.e. converters and editors). Except for the MM6 snow effect. That makes videos like ten times larger at least, because if the codec can't encode the frame without losing any quality (because I have set it to 100% quality), it will put it into the file as an uncompressed frame, preserving quality over space. Which I love. Even a lot of modern codecs have problems with rain and snow, which they tend to solve by lowering the qualit instead.

EDIT: Bandicam has a "Fraps" mode, where it works like fraps, and a "Camtasia / Hypercam" mode, where it works like those recording applications. It's like all the oldschool recording software combined and on steroids.

Anyway, for the screencaps I recommend png as a raw file, and jpeg if you really want to minimize the file size (I do tend to keep the pngs because those have no visual quality loss, even if I am making 100% quality jpegs instead of the industry standard 85%).

With this information and with how much bugs you have been reporting, you could literally record the bugs for us. :D :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 16 Mar 2019, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”