Playtesters needed for Otter's 1st MM6 mod Release.....

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 27 Apr 2009, 23:17

GrayFace wrote:
motter28218 wrote:This now makes might classes much more useful, armor will be divided into 3 classes, leather will become light armor, mostly worn by Archers, Chain will become Medium Armor mostly worn by Knights, and finally Plate, reserved for the Big Boys - Barbarian Class.
Might classes don't use magic, right? Then it would be fair to make barbarians use leather, since they have lots of HP and maser all weapons. This would suite 'barbarian' word. Knights then would wear plate armor and archers would wear chain.
To get technical tho armor generally tended to be worn depending on the situation, if you were in one on one combat on the feet you may go with lighter armor so you can move faster/have more endurance, if you were on horseback charging into a hail of arrows obviously you would want very heavy armor. I give Barbarians the strongest/heaviest armor because of the way the game is set up, they are the strongest class so they should have the ihighest HP/AC and do the most damage. Just my opinion.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Apr 2009, 11:49

motter28218 wrote:I give Barbarians the strongest/heaviest armor because of the way the game is set up, they are the strongest class so they should have the ihighest HP/AC and do the most damage. Just my opinion.
Why are they the strongest class? Every class should have pros and cons.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 28 Apr 2009, 21:26

Otter:
I'm stuck at the Warlord's Fortress. I'm supposed to attack the Silver Helm outpost. Unfortunately I've already wiped those guys out. Now I can't even interact with the Warlord Fortress. What now?
dhalgren17

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 29 Apr 2009, 10:36

GrayFace wrote:
motter28218 wrote:I give Barbarians the strongest/heaviest armor because of the way the game is set up, they are the strongest class so they should have the ihighest HP/AC and do the most damage. Just my opinion.
Why are they the strongest class? Every class should have pros and cons.
He means with strongest: They are the 'strongest' class, they are the most mighty at close combat. The 'Strongest' at close combat. The most muscle class.

Before that: the Knight was the strongest.

Do you get it?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Apr 2009, 22:15

AFAIR, Matt said might won't use magic, so Barbarian will be the strongest of fighters, not just in melee. Sure, Archers would be best in Bow, but that isn't much.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 03 May 2009, 06:21

Well I've given up on the mod. I did make it to level 60 and I completed many of the quests. It seems to me that the game actually gets quite easy after you hit about level 25. The first part was definitely the most challenging. The only problem I found was the inability to enter the Warlord's Castle, which I posted earlier. Never got a reply so I guess the OP has lost interest for now.
dhalgren17

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 13 May 2009, 20:41

dhalgren17 wrote:Well I've given up on the mod. I did make it to level 60 and I completed many of the quests. It seems to me that the game actually gets quite easy after you hit about level 25. The first part was definitely the most challenging. The only problem I found was the inability to enter the Warlord's Castle, which I posted earlier. Never got a reply so I guess the OP has lost interest for now.
dhalgren17
Sorry for the delay in my reply, my motherboard went out on me and I've had alot going on so haven't been able to get online till now.

So on to your comments, yes, the Warlord Fortress was a bug that was reported, it is fixed and will work fine in the final release along with many other evil quests, as for the game being too easy, well I seem to hear it both ways, mostly it's too hard, you're the first to say it's too easy, maybe I will have to re-work the monsters to make them tougher along the way. Anyhow, the whole mod's on hold for now till I decide what to do, I either have to buy a new laptop or migrate all my info to my old desktop. Thanks for the comments tho, and just remember, this was only a preview, not the full mod.

Return to “Might and Magic”