Playtesters needed for Otter's 1st MM6 mod Release.....

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 23 Apr 2009, 04:34

MM6 has always been my favorite and so I've started playing this mod. So far I think it's pretty good. You definitely have to change your strategy to clear out the goblins in New Sorpigal as well as the Castle Ironfist bunch, but it's quite possible. I'll keep playing and give another update at a later date.
dhalgren17

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 23 Apr 2009, 19:05

Otter

How's about an idea that the master skill and expert skill must be depended on class. Eg an strong man like barbarian take master of bow at 10, Archer does this at 7. Some weak like Soc take this one level 11 or 12.

The idea of skill depend on attribute was not so convincing. You can boots this point quite easy.

Does it possible for you Otter?

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 24 Apr 2009, 06:54

phamlongtuan wrote:Otter

How's about an idea that the master skill and expert skill must be depended on class. Eg an strong man like barbarian take master of bow at 10, Archer does this at 7. Some weak like Soc take this one level 11 or 12.

The idea of skill depend on attribute was not so convincing. You can boots this point quite easy.

Good question. Spellcasters will be forbiden Bow skill because I am implenting a "Staff" skill that is basically a wand with infinite charges and the higher you level up in Staff the more powerful the spell the wand casts will be, just as if you were to cast the spell at equivalent skill in that particular magic.

As for new restrictions, all spellcasters will also be forbiden Body Building, Archer will have Body building but can only obtain expert level, Knight will be able to have Bow sill but only to expert level, leaving Master for Archers only, Barbarian class will be able to get bow but not advance beyond Novice level. Hope this answers your questions, mind you these are just ideas I'm working on, whether or not I can fully crack the MM6 code to make this possible I'm not sure, but I have had great help and advice from BDJ who is my teacher and also Grayface who has taught me alot of tricks to modding the exe file, and I'm sure he has far more to offer in the area, I first try to work things out myself and only ask help if I get stuck. Let me know what you think about this new system, as always I am looking for feedback good or bad.

Otter

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 24 Apr 2009, 08:41

motter28218 wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:Otter

Good question. Spellcasters will be forbiden Bow skill because I am implenting a "Staff" skill that is basically a wand with infinite charges and the higher you level up in Staff the more powerful the spell the wand casts will be, just as if you were to cast the spell at equivalent skill in that particular magic.

As for new restrictions, all spellcasters will also be forbiden Body Building, Archer will have Body building but can only obtain expert level, Knight will be able to have Bow sill but only to expert level, leaving Master for Archers only, Barbarian class will be able to get bow but not advance beyond Novice level. Hope this answers your questions, mind you these are just ideas I'm working on, whether or not I can fully crack the MM6 code to make this possible I'm not sure, but I have had great help and advice from BDJ who is my teacher and also Grayface who has taught me alot of tricks to modding the exe file, and I'm sure he has far more to offer in the area, I first try to work things out myself and only ask help if I get stuck. Let me know what you think about this new system, as always I am looking for feedback good or bad.

Otter
This solution is quite good and it was implemented in MM7 as usually. However, my point is slightly different from this way.

So this is my thinking, just a though, it could be tough to handle or not, i don't know because i'm not a coder.

Restriction skill is not really a good way and somehow it is not really realistic.

For example, do you suppose to be a fast runner since you were a child. I do no think so ^^. It's training and effort.

Beside of training and effort, genius or god's present are something must be taken into account. Mean that some class and skill can be obtain in highest level with your effort. But that is very costly effort. That is i think that expert skill or master skill should be no restriction for classes. But character has to do their best to achieve that skill.

Eg
Bow master: Barbarian (10), Knight (9), Archer (7), Druid & Cleric (11), Soc (12).

Eg
Plate master: Barbarian (8), Knight (10), Archer (11). Magic team (Hell no of course, so funny to see a Soc with a plate).

Eg
Fire master: Bar (no, this stupid man is no ^^), Knight (15, Archer (15). Druid & Soc (as normal).

This is my idea about skill. Next one is spell relate to skill.

Everybody know that no Soc can wear a heavy Plate. But that is a normal Plate, how about a plate with magic spell embed inside that (like air spell to make that plate become lighter). An utmost spell will do this work. That is not so real that some one can not wear just a cloth or weapon because they do not have that skill.

Combo two points so that my idea is we should no restriction for skill. But there are restriction for class.

However, it's just idea

:D :D :D :D

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Apr 2009, 12:00

Hey motter,
I'm having some trouble with your picture link:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... qn&thumb=4[

..and I can not get to the download page for the mod. (stupid me deleted it).

I have deleted the file and all the saves at this point..

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 24 Apr 2009, 13:25

Variol wrote:Hey motter,
I'm having some trouble with your picture link:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... qn&thumb=4[

..and I can not get to the download page for the mod. (stupid me deleted it).

I have deleted the file and all the saves at this point..
I just clicked on the link and it worked, last night the Mediafire server was down for maintenance, try the link again let me know if it doesn't work.

Otter

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Apr 2009, 13:41

I did get the the site, finally, and it now says, "Processing download request.."

It's been that way for 10-15 minutes.

Edit: The new install did not work either. I still see Followers of Baa in Ironfist.

Edit 2: Ok, the manual method seemed to work. I now see Bandits in Ironfist.

..any estimates on the new character stuff?

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 24 Apr 2009, 16:38

Variol wrote:I did get the the site, finally, and it now says, "Processing download request.."

Edit: The new install did not work either. I still see Followers of Baa in Ironfist.

1. Download does not have any problem man. You can try other time.

2. Do a clean install. Just copy mod and grayface patch to your mm6 folder.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Apr 2009, 18:16

phamlongtuan wrote:
Variol wrote:I did get the the site, finally, and it now says, "Processing download request.."

1. Download does not have any problem man. You can try other time.

2. Do a clean install. Just copy mod and grayface patch to your mm6 folder.
uhh, ..might want to read my post again, "man".

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 24 Apr 2009, 19:55

so it does only alter some statistics, no graphics/sprites?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 25 Apr 2009, 12:55

I have found one bug. A goblin king comes out of the room in Icewind Pass and just stands in the hall. Aside from that I haven't found any problems with the game. I think it's pretty fun, incidentally.
dhalgren17

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 25 Apr 2009, 17:39

I want to play this as soon as the next version comes out. How's it coming with that, Otter?

Or, is the beta already turning out to be so clean that I should just go ahead and play?

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 26 Apr 2009, 02:17

Otter:
Just want to confirm that a teacher for water expert does exist? Haven't been able to find one yet.
dhalgren17

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 26 Apr 2009, 09:56

Otter you can download the 'mod' on your very first post. BUT: if you change the mod everyday you have to reinstall the mod everyday because of the things you add/fix/remove. Understand?

Or am i wrong? ;|

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 26 Apr 2009, 10:07

Otter:
The quest hints indicate that Melody Silver is still a captive in Mist, but I couldn't find her there.
dhalgren17

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 26 Apr 2009, 14:32

Let me try to answer all 3 of your questions. To SureValla: I've only once updated the mod and that was just to tweak the monster stats a bit, other than that I will not release another version until the full version is done.

When will the full version be done? Well, I am lightyears beyond what all of you are currently seeing in the preview I have available now, but still some things I need to do and reall world commitments have been coming up alot lately, also remember I am doing this all alone, I don't have a team like BDJ so it is hard for me to set and exact date when I'll be done.

As for Water Expert, look on the un-inhabited island in New Scorp, you'll find him. Hope this answers all of your questions.

With Regards to Melody, yes sorry I didn't get all the dailogue changed around in this preview, should have taken the time to do that one, I'll just tell you this, go to the Shadow Guild Hideout in Frozen Highlands, make sure you check out the room with the "Suspicious Floor", you should find her.
Otter

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Apr 2009, 16:17

Thanks motter,
Take all time you need.

I would also like to suggest that, if it is possible, can you change the inventory set up, to be the same as 7? I mean that the inventory fills up from from top to bottom; instead of left to right?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2009, 20:57

motter28218 wrote:This now makes might classes much more useful, armor will be divided into 3 classes, leather will become light armor, mostly worn by Archers, Chain will become Medium Armor mostly worn by Knights, and finally Plate, reserved for the Big Boys - Barbarian Class.
Might classes don't use magic, right? Then it would be fair to make barbarians use leather, since they have lots of HP and maser all weapons. This would suite 'barbarian' word. Knights then would wear plate armor and archers would wear chain.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 27 Apr 2009, 07:36

I still do not understand while archer can use chain. Shooter need their hand free and flexible. What can a tight-shoulder-chain can fit purpose of speed and accuracy. Archer tend to wear light and flexible armor.

For example this one.

and this one

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 27 Apr 2009, 07:42

GrayFace wrote: Might classes don't use magic, right? Then it would be fair to make barbarians use leather, since they have lots of HP and maser all weapons. This would suite 'barbarian' word. Knights then would wear plate armor and archers would wear chain.
For me Barbarian is really wild and "barbarian". They are barbarian because their power and crazy. For real an barbarian should wear little armor, strong muscle (they need a neat hand from vladimir). Grand master sword and something heavy such a 2-handed axe or hammer.

Of course they have low armor but in return they will have tons of HP.

Look some barbarian, no one wear heavy armor like plate, that's not barbarian.

And this one. Look fierce and awesome.

Return to “Might and Magic”