Some aspects of gameplay: Recovery Time, Dual Weapons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Feb 2010, 06:09

Macros the Black wrote:(the one at the left, as he'll be attacked more often)
Are you sure?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Feb 2010, 08:14

If your Ranger is supposed to open chests, it could be wise to master his Leather instead of Chain Mail, cause Hareck's Leather will be your best friend.

If you find Splitter, sell it immediately! And don't say I haven't warned you!

Better search Ghoulsbane or Amuck.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 27 Feb 2010, 08:25

GrayFace wrote:
Are you sure?
I'm also puzzled by that statement and dont think its true.
But if I create a party of 2xknights, 1xcleric, 1xsorcere, for some odd reason I always place them: K/C/S/K, it just seems more protective :)

Anyway with that party if you try to kill the goblins outside Harmondale, they will always go after your cleric, your low AC/HP sorcerer will survive much easier than the cleric.
In Tatalia if you go melee with the trolls its the opposite, your sorcerer will take 9 out of 10 hits, I usually take away the Knights platearmor for faster recovery time since the trolls rarely hit them anyway..

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 27 Feb 2010, 10:05

I do recall reading something ages ago that the person (or the 2) on the left is considered more in the front, but I may be getting my games mixed up.

And several monsters have a "favored enemy", so that class will be hit more often.

I guess the nice thing about the Ranger is that you'll know the exact stats for the enemies kicking the crap out of you. :D
They really need a rework...
Last edited by Variol on 27 Feb 2010, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 27 Feb 2010, 11:11

tolich wrote:If your Ranger is supposed to open chests, it could be wise to master his Leather instead of Chain Mail, cause Hareck's Leather will be your best friend.

If you find Splitter, sell it immediately! And don't say I haven't warned you!

Better search Ghoulsbane or Amuck.
With the new ability to harden relics/artefacts my rangers are surely looking for those nice axes. Problem is that I'm not going to attack the titans or even to try to clean out Eeofol, so I'm limited to Chancklers lap.
The dragon in Tatalia gave me a chain mail of the earth (I dont mulitloot and have a silly rule of "only" save-reload that dragon 10 times, so I stopped at fourth try when the chain mail was picked).
Theres 1 or two artifacts at the devils lair but thats so late in the game it dosent really matter.
Btw: Is there a list of artifacts/relics for MM7 somewhere?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Feb 2010, 11:13

Jymbob wrote:Anyway with that party if you try to kill the goblins outside Harmondale, they will always go after your cleric.
AFAIK, both goblins and trolls prefer dwarves.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Feb 2010, 11:40

Jymbob wrote:Btw: Is there a list of artifacts/relics for MM7 somewhere?
Yes, it's all in Marcos' signature :) http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... .2/MM7.HTM
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Feb 2010, 12:15

GrayFace wrote:
Are you sure?
I also don't think that's true. It was true in MM3-5, though, the left two players are in the front row, others are in the back row I guess, since bashing walls hits the two left players (and if they're dead, the other two players that are the most to the left).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Feb 2010, 22:32

Hmm, now that you mention, I'm actually not sure either. It just seems logical to me and it was like that in older games. It usually doesn't matter because so many enemies have a preferred target, but if you're in a party of 4 rangers.. I guess if you have 3 males and one female, make the female the defensive one, or the other way around...

But the point is, as long as one of them can survive a little longer, you can run away with that character. Doesn't matter who it is, and no need to make all four survive longer.
Variol wrote:I guess the nice thing aboutr the Ranger is that you'll know the exact stats for the enemies kicking the crap out of you. :D
They really need a rework...
Lol, but I sorta think they made them weak on purpose, so you can have a challenge if you want..
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 28 Feb 2010, 08:29

Well, for the ranger party I just picked the 4 goblins, cause I knew I wanted 30 in speed at the beginning. I havent noticed that the girls or men have been attacked more than the other anywhere so far and I have just killed Tolberti so I'm almost done with them.
I could have used that elven chain mail from compleating the archomage quest though. and btw: killing Tolberti with my few spells and slow axes, yeah that wasnt easy, when he healed himslef I almost cried, but my main man Zoltan the Dwarfhurler svupped his head off with a 121 dmg bash in the end (my party was down to 2 at that point, hehe).
btw2: The pit itself was actually not that hard, 4xMaster archers and the good old striving tactic did the job well.
btw3: Had to redo getting the book for the archmage quest, felt down untop of two ancient behemouths, they took a look at my 4 gobos and ate them in 20 seconds, hehe.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 28 Feb 2010, 11:15

How are you spreading the skills among the 4 of them?

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 28 Feb 2010, 11:31

Variol wrote:How are you spreading the skills among the 4 of them?
All 4 gets almost the same at creating them:
30 in might and speed
7 in intelligence and personallity and luck (luck gets to 11 for each at the emerald well)
11 in accuracy
2x11 and 2x10 in endurance
When I see a barrel its mostly random who gets the +2 something, I try to get them equal at the start, but soon items (and black potions) will disturp it anyway, so..

I like playing four of the same race aswell.
For my 4xdruids party I picked 4 sturdy dwarves and started them with 30 in Endurance and might, cause I knew HP was going to be an issue later on.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 28 Feb 2010, 21:04

The question was about skills, not statistics :D
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 01 Mar 2010, 11:03

Macros the Black wrote:The question was about skills, not statistics :D
Ahh, sorry, well:
all are lvl 54 now and I just reached Eeofol.
All has 21 in Grand Axe (21% for halfing enemies AC on each :) )
2 has 10 in Expert Dagger (that was a mistake, they do lower dmg with minoaxe+uberdagger, than a headsman twohander axe, oddly enough)
All has 7 in Master Chain armor
All has 12 in Expert Armsmaster
All has 6 in Expert Element magic (one has earth, another water and so)
All has 7 in Expert Body magic (for regeneration and heal)
1 has 7 in expert Spirit magic and one 7 in expert Mind magic
All has 5 in Expert Bodybuilding.
All has 4 in Expert Learning
1 has 3 in Basic Merchant and one has 4 in Expert Disarm trap.

I always get the 10 genie Lamp before last week in october and use them by then, thats 80 extra skill points.

The team is growing on me, they did very well in the tunnel to Eeofol, the same gobo who has Earth magic also has Mind magic and I gave him the Cloak of Sheep on, so no trouble with stone or paralyze conditions :)
The Body Magic actually made this team easier than the 4xarcher team, it took a while but they are doing really good now..

Return to “Might and Magic”