Modding MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2009, 19:24

Goldgolem wrote:Next thing: howto connect maps? There are these pending maps which arent used in MM6, but I would use them for farming and leveling areas
To link a map you should add it to mapstats.txt and add a way to enter it. Dungeon enters are coded in events and traveling by horse/boat or feet is hard-coded.
Talin_Trollbane wrote:is it possible to add more land to M&M6? like open up the western border around Sweet Water?
I think so, but I'm not sure. I've found maps connections in MM8 and it is possible there, but the way it's done in MM6 is a bit different.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Apr 2009, 20:15

GrayFace wrote:
Goldgolem wrote:Next thing: howto connect maps? There are these pending maps which arent used in MM6, but I would use them for farming and leveling areas
To link a map you should add it to mapstats.txt and add a way to enter it. Dungeon enters are coded in events and traveling by horse/boat or feet is hard-coded.
Talin_Trollbane wrote:is it possible to add more land to M&M6? like open up the western border around Sweet Water?
I think so, but I'm not sure. I've found maps connections in MM8 and it is possible there, but the way it's done in MM6 is a bit different.
Adding maps to MM6 is a-bit more invloved than just simply adding an additional entry to mapstats (assuming the map and texturing is already imported or in-place). To be functional, each map requires its own .dlv and .blv files (Games.LOD) and it's own .EVT file (ICONS.LOD). Since MM6 'links' the maps together in the main .EXE file, to access an additional map will require a coded teleport event linked to some Icon/sprite map feature on an existent map.

Don't know if more is required, though.

For what it is worth.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2009, 21:00

I've checked the foot traveling in MM6. It's a procedure at 47BCA0 that does this. It's not a problem to change it in a patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 28 Apr 2009, 16:44

But traveling by foot is not what I want to do :( Seems like I can´t do it unless someone helps me (BDJ? :hoo: )

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 28 Apr 2009, 17:20

maybe you could make use of teleporters :-D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Apr 2009, 21:50

Yes, it would much easier. I've found horse and boat travels, but the problem is that one horseman can travel to 3 maps only.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 29 Apr 2009, 03:19

GrayFace wrote:Yes, it would much easier. I've found horse and boat travels, but the problem is that one horseman can travel to 3 maps only.
So create more than one horseman. One table become two or three.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 29 Apr 2009, 10:34

phamlongtuan wrote:
GrayFace wrote:Yes, it would much easier. I've found horse and boat travels, but the problem is that one horseman can travel to 3 maps only.
So create more than one horseman. One table become two or three.
No, you could make the only horseman travel to more maps.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 29 Apr 2009, 14:11

Somebody who could help my friend Lucy aka Einhandsegler from mightandmagicworld to find the lines and to configure that all? I would be very glad if you could do so :hoo:

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Apr 2009, 22:20

Configure what?
phamlongtuan wrote:So create more than one horseman. One table become two or three.
In MM6 all space for stables is already used.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 03 May 2009, 17:24

I am back from my litlle vacation :)

Since it is impossible to add more space for the stables it would be cool to know how to set teleporters in MM6 to special places by clicking SPACE :)

BDJ, you had some teleporters in your MM7revMOD

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 03 May 2009, 18:45

Goldgolem wrote:I am back from my litlle vacation :)

Since it is impossible to add more space for the stables it would be cool to know how to set teleporters in MM6 to special places by clicking SPACE :)

BDJ, you had some teleporters in your MM7revMOD
When I complete The Chaos Conspiracy game, get it through Beta test, and release it to the public (Nov 2009), I plan on writing a couple of graphic-oriented tutorials that will address this and several other issues.

Right now I'm a-bit busy with the new game to answer any but the most basic of questions.

So here's a 'quick and dirty' answer.

Each sprite may have two events assigned to it. The first event is for the 'Mouseover', the second event is the local event number that contains the code, in this case, the teleport code. If you need more info, you'll have to wait for a while.

Be patient.

Big Daddy Jim
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 04 May 2009, 13:54

Alright :( Remind me if you do it ;)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 04 May 2009, 22:40

Goldgolem wrote:Alright :( Remind me if you do it ;)
If there is sufficient interest in the tutorial, I'll generate and make it 'public'. If not, I'll simply distribute it to those modders who have a published game.

BDJ

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 05 May 2009, 12:51

I will mind that :)

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 18 Jul 2009, 13:43

Guess who´s back? Yes, it is the Goldgolem :) Hope you didn´t forget about the modding project I have going since I never stopped working on it. After getting Poser 7 I had to get in it and now I have a result: the only monster I will replace with my own creature, the demons:

ImageImage

Next thing will be doing the frames and then I need help again. Till then you may suggest things for this guy :hoo:

Return to “Might and Magic”