Modding MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Modding MM6

Unread postby motter28218 » 09 Apr 2009, 07:42

GrayFace wrote:I have plans for high-level events language. For now you can use my 010Editor templates to edit events.
motter28218 wrote:23 – Checky Party
Quite a strange name for a command that chooses a character to which the commands after it would be applied.
well, full command would be 2305, 2304, 2303, 2302, 2301, 2300. Just checks your character 0, 1, 2, 3, or all 4 - 2305
Last edited by motter28218 on 09 Apr 2009, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Apr 2009, 14:33

motter28218 wrote: well, full command would be 2305, 2304, 2303, 2302(never seen it used), 2301(never seen it used), 2300(seen it don't know why). Just checks your character 0, 1, 2, 3, or all 4 - 2305
Matt, the modify next by member 0, 1, 2, 3 are used regularly in each class promotion (at quest complete) to determine which member(s) of the party get the actual promotion to the next 'higher' class. For what it is worth.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 09 Apr 2009, 18:31

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
motter28218 wrote: well, full command would be 2305, 2304, 2303, 2302(never seen it used), 2301(never seen it used), 2300(seen it don't know why). Just checks your character 0, 1, 2, 3, or all 4 - 2305
Matt, the modify next by member 0, 1, 2, 3 are used regularly in each class promotion (at quest complete) to determine which member(s) of the party get the actual promotion to the next 'higher' class. For what it is worth.

BDJ
I gotta quit posting when I'm drunk.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 10 Apr 2009, 02:29

:hoo: I love that smiley, how to get married with him :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Apr 2009, 14:51

BTW, 23 04 means current character and 23 06 means random character. 23 04 is the default if there is an active character. 23 06 is the default if there's no active character. With 23 06 random character is chosen independently for each command. It is the cause of a bug that lets you drink from a fountain multiple times.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Apr 2009, 13:39

Here are some notes of what I've found. I will easily find these things in any MM version.

Town portal setup - maps, pictures positions.
Traveling - by feet, by horse or boat.
Artifacts bonuses
Spells properties
Mixing potions etc.

Here are starting stats of classes, HP & SP bases and multipliers:

.data:004C2630 ; char HitPointsBaseByClassType[]
.data:004C2638 ; char SpellPointsBaseByClassType[]
.data:004C2640 ; char HitPointsMultiplierByClass[]
.data:004C2654 ; char SpellPointsMultiplierByClass[]
.data:004C2668 ; char StartingMightByClassType[]
.data:004C2669 ; char StartingIntellectByClassType[]
.data:004C266A ; char StartingPersonalityByClassType[]
.data:004C266B ; char StartingEnduranceByClassType[]
.data:004C266C ; char StartingAccuracyByClassType[]
.data:004C266D ; char StartingSpeedByClassType[]
.data:004C266E ; char StartingLuckByClassType[]

There's no table with spells damage in MM6. Spell damage is calculated by the function at 47F0A0.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 20 Apr 2009, 17:42

Back from vacation :hoo:

Nice Grayface, I didnt expect that much free room for modding in MM6 :) If you have some free time you could give me the information for setting up -

- Town portal - maps, pictures, positions
- Traveling (wasnt it 2Devents? But I dont get the point howto connect maps)
-Artifacts bonuses 8|
and the spellcosts :hoo:

That would be very very nice :D

--------

BTW: I have a little problem at the moment with the background transparency of some weapons. Isnt it the way that there are 2 blue colors and 2 violet ones that cause transparency in MM6? I use the indicated modus for the pics (others work) with exact or local palletes and dont know why it doesnt work suddenly ... :(

Greetings, Goldgolem

Lucy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy » 20 Apr 2009, 18:41

I dont know, wether I shall open a new thread for my questions or not.
If so, an admin can postpone my post.

I want to change the Spawn Points in the .blv-files from MM6. I worked with trial-and-error so far to get the proper coordinates for the new monsters. Is there an easier way?

And I recognized that other monsters don't spawn anymore although they weren't deleted by me. :cry: Has anybody a hint for me or is there no other way but trial-and-error? (referring to Big Daddy Jim's advice to the Game mechanics)

Greetings
Lucy

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Apr 2009, 21:20

Lucy wrote:I dont know, wether I shall open a new thread for my questions or not.
If so, an admin can postpone my post.

I want to change the Spawn Points in the .blv-files from MM6. I worked with trial-and-error so far to get the proper coordinates for the new monsters. Is there an easier way?

And I recognized that other monsters don't spawn anymore although they weren't deleted by me. :cry: Has anybody a hint for me or is there no other way but trial-and-error? (referring to Big Daddy Jim's advice to the Game mechanics)

Greetings
Lucy
Unfortunately, the MM6 map feature does not give the party coordinates like MM7/8 do. So, if you want to spawn a creature at a given point in a map area, here's a little trick I learned from Matt Otter.

Launch MM6 and take your party to the map and location that you want the creatures to appear.

SAVE your game.

Launch MM8LevelEditor and open the SAVED game in the editor. Once open, scroll down to the "party' entry, select it and then select "General'. It will provide you with the current party coordinates.

Wallah! There ya go!

My public thanks to MOtter for this solution.

Big Daddy Jim

"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

mmtool
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mmtool » 20 Apr 2009, 21:49

Isnt it the way that there are 2 blue colors and 2 violet ones that cause transparency in MM6? I use the indicated modus for the pics (others work) with exact or local palletes and dont know why it doesnt work suddenly ...
Sprites in .lods are 8-bit pictures with palletes of 256 colors. So each pixel has value 0-255, which is index of RGB-color from palette. Pixels with value 0 (zero index, i.e. first color in palette) are transparent. And this (zero-indexed) color can be any usefull, not necessary blue or violet, because it serves only to visualize transparency while editing pictures.

Lucy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy » 21 Apr 2009, 04:38

Thanks a lot to Big Daddy Jim and Matt Otter. :)

Has anybody an answer to my second question:
"And I recognized that other monsters don't spawn anymore although they weren't deleted by me. :cry: Has anybody a hint for me or is there no other way but trial-and-error? "

Best regards

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Apr 2009, 12:26

Lucy wrote:I want to change the Spawn Points in the .blv-files from MM6. I worked with trial-and-error so far to get the proper coordinates for the new monsters. Is there an easier way?
The easiest way is to use ArtMoney, Cheat Engine or any similar program. The coordinates (x,y,z) are at addresses 00908C98, 00908C9C, 00908CA0.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 21 Apr 2009, 14:26

mmtool wrote:
Isnt it the way that there are 2 blue colors and 2 violet ones that cause transparency in MM6? I use the indicated modus for the pics (others work) with exact or local palletes and dont know why it doesnt work suddenly ...
Sprites in .lods are 8-bit pictures with palletes of 256 colors. So each pixel has value 0-255, which is index of RGB-color from palette. Pixels with value 0 (zero index, i.e. first color in palette) are transparent. And this (zero-indexed) color can be any usefull, not necessary blue or violet, because it serves only to visualize transparency while editing pictures.
Very, very much thanks to you, I didn´t knew it :hoo:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 21 Apr 2009, 15:21

Lucy wrote:Thanks a lot to Big Daddy Jim and Matt Otter. :)

"And I recognized that other monsters don't spawn anymore although they weren't deleted by me. :cry: Has anybody a hint for me or is there no other way but trial-and-error? "

Best regards
Lucy,

Go ahead and PM me. Perhaps I can help.

BDJ

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 21 Apr 2009, 18:03

Lucy wrote:Thanks a lot to Big Daddy Jim and Matt Otter. :)

Best regards
You are welcome, but don't let Big Daddy fool ya, for every 1 trick I may have shown him he's shown me 1000, he's definitely the man to go to, him or Grayface, I'm just a student, they're the teacher's. Appreciate the thanks tho.

Otter

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 24 Apr 2009, 15:02

Okay, backgroundtransparency works all fine :) Somebody here wanting to make new monsters for the mod? I would really like to see some stuff I could use and I would credit your big help :D

Next thing: howto connect maps? There are these pending maps which arent used in MM6, but I would use them for farming and leveling areas

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Apr 2009, 18:07

Goldgolem wrote:Okay, backgroundtransparency works all fine :) Somebody here wanting to make new monsters for the mod? I would really like to see some stuff I could use and I would credit your big help :D
You think that this kind of mod-making area is a stream of sprites?
I do not know any other person who can create sprites for the MM games exept Matt, who tryed to work with giant and myself :)

MM games are not the same area where you can find free monsters to add them. Sprite-making is very young branch of the mod-making and there are not enough artists to work.

And you cannot use sprites from mm6 in other mm7-8 games due to not enough actions were in mm6...but you can use any newer game sprites.

Try to add Necromancers from MM8 to replace Baa foleverrs in MM6 - palettes are almost identical in many colors so this way you can do only.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Apr 2009, 18:11

I just can only imagine...maybe in 5 years greates part of MM code will be decoded...
There will appear a good editor for the MM resources...
People would be able to create their own MM-based worlds or MODs...

Some people would interested in new sprites...and only there sprite-sets of new creatures will appear.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Apr 2009, 18:14

Sorry for the 3rd post =\

You should ask Jim to explain how to work with palettes and sprites - because I can only create sprites but cannot import them in game correctly...Jim cannot create sprites but he can import them + palettes in game perfectly =) We work in tandem ;)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 24 Apr 2009, 18:44

First of all: thanks for help vlad :) I´ll look around for some help :hoo:
Second: Isnt here a editbutton? I´ll look for one :-D

Return to “Might and Magic”