Blasters screw up the game!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Blasters suck

yes
38%
no
62%

Total votes: 55

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Blasters screw up the game!

Unread postby Sure Valla » 05 Apr 2009, 08:07

We all know that blasters do not fit in an medievil game. But do you think these are cool? Or do you think these are rubbish!

They are maybe strong, but not realistic!

Your Vote?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Blasters screw up the game!

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Apr 2009, 08:49

SureValla wrote:We all know that blasters do not fit in an medievil game.
We are lucky that MM games are not in medieval words. :P

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Apr 2009, 11:28

Blasters fit perfectly, but I prefer using normal weapons.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 05 Apr 2009, 14:35

Hmm...can't vote yes or no, because as a story
backround I like the "futuristic" part of MnM world,
the ancient technology etc., is very interesting. But
I din't like use blasters cause made the game to
easy . So yes, I liked it as story, I din't
as gameplay :P
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 05 Apr 2009, 16:58

I prefer the regular weapons, but blasters do fit a purpose.
In MM7 they are the best (only) way to dispose of Sharks when underwater.
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 05 Apr 2009, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Apr 2009, 18:46

I hate Blasters. When I played my first game of MM6 (my first EVER MM game) I loved the Medieval atmosphere of the game. Then when the end-game was near and I was thrown into a sci-fi atmosphere I was disappointed.

I know that the sci-fi element was part of the MM Universe since the beginning, but for me, blasters, robots, space ships, etc. kinda ruined the whole feel of the game. Fortunately, the sci-fi element only takes up a small percentage of the whole game.

In MM6 Blasters are only required for destroying the reactor core in the Hive. After that, I always go back to my other weapons, they are much more fun to play with, in my humble opinion. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 05 Apr 2009, 19:09

Blasters are awesome. Sure, it can be jarring to find robots and laser guns in what you consider to be a medieval fantasy game, but you get them so late in the game that you really don't have to use them if you don't want to. I

I personally save up my skill points, dump them all into blaster, then cast haste and hold down the 'a' key. Fun for the whole family.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 06 Apr 2009, 14:14

HodgePodge wrote:I hate Blasters. When I played my first game of MM6 (my first EVER MM game) I loved the Medieval atmosphere of the game. Then when the end-game was near and I was thrown into a sci-fi atmosphere I was disappointed.
Agreed

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 09 Apr 2009, 01:35

HodgePodge wrote:I hate Blasters. When I played my first game of MM6 (my first EVER MM game) I loved the Medieval atmosphere of the game. Then when the end-game was near and I was thrown into a sci-fi atmosphere I was disappointed.

I know that the sci-fi element was part of the MM Universe since the beginning, but for me, blasters, robots, space ships, etc. kinda ruined the whole feel of the game. Fortunately, the sci-fi element only takes up a small percentage of the whole game.

In MM6 Blasters are only required for destroying the reactor core in the Hive. After that, I always go back to my other weapons, they are much more fun to play with, in my humble opinion. :)
I second that, I love Sci-fi don't get me wrong, but it's like I love chocolate on my ice cream, I love cheese on my pizza, but cheese on my ice cream, chocolate on my pizza, just doesn't work.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Apr 2009, 11:21

I like blasters the way they are implemented in Might and Magic games. I would really hate it if there were these blasters and you have to use them at the end of the game, however this is not the case with MM. Yes, you have to blow up the reactor core with them but you're not forced to use them in actual fights. You can just use your regular weapons if you want to.

So you're not forced into using them, and that's why I like them. It's an extra thing you can do in the game if you want to.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Apr 2009, 11:34

HodgePodge wrote:In MM6 Blasters are only required for destroying the reactor core in the Hive.
Macros the Black wrote:Yes, you have to blow up the reactor core with them
You don't need to use blaster on reactor. Bows with fire enchanment (of dragon or of carnage - I don't remember now) also works on it.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Apr 2009, 15:52

Avonu wrote:You don't need to use blaster on reactor. Bows with fire enchanment (of dragon or of carnage - I don't remember now) also works on it.
Oh? Now that is nice to know, especially since the fire enchantments were basically the best weapon enchantments available.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 10 Apr 2009, 00:08

The Reactor will destroy itself, also. Stand close enough to it for a melee fight, and a small portion of the energy it hits you with will damage it as well. Best done when you have lots of power cures available, and even more patience.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 10 Apr 2009, 00:24

So what this means is that the entire command center is optional, then.....

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 11 Apr 2009, 00:44

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:So what this means is that the entire command center is optional, then.....
Technically, yes, though now that I know about blasters (the first time I played I didn't know they existed), I will always use them to kill the Reactor. Other methods are too tedious.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Apr 2009, 02:38

You still need to do the entire "awakening the oracle" thing to be able to get Archibald to give me his spell, right?

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 11 Apr 2009, 04:19

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:You still need to do the entire "awakening the oracle" thing to be able to get Archibald to give me his spell, right?
Yes. I didn't know about that in my first game, either, so when the reactor destroyed itself I got to watch the world explode. Fun graphics, but...game over!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Apr 2009, 06:47

But at least Kreegan infection was stopped once and for all (on Enroth of course). ;)

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 11 Apr 2009, 18:21

Avonu wrote:But at least Kreegan infection was stopped once and for all (on Enroth of course). ;)
Well, that's just sick. :D

Come to think of it, that's what the Destroyer was up to in MM8, wasn't it? Destroy the world in order to save it from those nasty Kreegans.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Apr 2009, 18:08

I think when you get to that point in the game, you're pretty much ready to shoot the crap out of everything.

Return to “Might and Magic”