Englification -- MM7 and MM8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Englification -- MM7 and MM8

Unread postby Skraelos » 25 Mar 2009, 18:04

Hello everyone.

I have Russian localized versions of MM7 and MM8 but I would actually be much more happy to play the original English versions. I guess this is also about BDJ's MM7 mode as well as MM7/MM8 Mok's patches which (as I presume) won't work on localized versions.

So the question is -- is it possible (and even legal) to change game resources from localized to original, and if it is, I would appreciate any advice/links considering this.

mmtool
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mmtool » 25 Mar 2009, 19:30

AFAIK, this is no more illegal (actually less, I think), then downloading of MOK patches and BDJ mod ;) And in case of MOK+BDJ mod usage for MM7 I'm dont think you need any additional files to make Englification of your version, because:

1) MOK patches contain executables with English interface (dialog topics etc).

2) BDJ mod contains (in modified form):
EVENTS.LOD - with all game-related text files in English (names, quests, descriptions etc)
ICONS.LOD - with English fonts and interface pictures (like compass);
(and GAMES.LOD - with game maps).

So all this must allow to make almost complete Englification (with exception of voices in video etc.) With some small additional work may be (.dll or file names related).

Return to “Might and Magic”