[Backstory] Sorceress of Enroth

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

[Backstory] Sorceress of Enroth

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 28 Feb 2009, 17:59

They are "All female" hero type (and same goes for Tatalian witches).... although generally this word has the same meaning, in M&M universe, what makes them difference?
Except
1. factions
2. inhabitants, and underlings
3. Alignment (Sorceress in H2 is.. i think, "Good", while Tatalian Witches are Neutral)

About Enrothian Sorceress,
1. What are their magical practices? (There's no category of spells in H1 and H2) .... Gem mentioned that Enrothian Sorceress and Druids of AvLee shares many similarities.. (Rampart factions in Heroes3 is a mere clone of Sorceress factions in Heroes3, except Architectures, some few creatures, and Status of Druids, Sorceress town is more or less a mirror of many girlie fairy tales, while Rampart is more "serious" even their housings, which are influenced by medieval Japanese ... or... maybe, norse?)
2. What are their political system. beside "Woman on Top" :devil:
3. What are their beliefs? (if Knight factions are sometimes referred as practicing medieval era Christianity, AvLee elves practicing druid cults (brits), Necromancers are trying to be immortal by fusing themself with "Death"! believing being one of them means they will no longer suffer the "living"... what an irony.... a deadly irony!) how will they value marital life and ..... their attitude on (...... meh i'm too shy to say that but i know you can guess that :D )
4. And what happens to them after the Reckoning? For Gem, she already converted to druid practices and stays with AvLee elves, even follow them to Axeoth, For Luna, she changed her path so often, first... becoming an elementalist, and the second... being a vamp necromancer.... What about the rest of them? Who are their last leader and what happened to her after the Reckoning? (if they successfully made it to Axeoth, i think they are now factionless .... or trying to build another faction .. which yet to be revealed...)

cheers

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Feb 2009, 18:29

Most of answers to your questions are in MM6 (hint: Loretta Flaise).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Feb 2009, 19:17

1. What are their magical practices? (There's no category of spells in H1 and H2) .... Gem mentioned that Enrothian Sorceress and Druids of AvLee shares many similarities..
Originally a sorceress in Enroth, Luna felt the call of the elemental Conflux and made her way to Erathia. Once in Erathia, Luna was compelled to disregard her aquatic talents and turn her efforts to developing her skills in fire magic.
One of my Centaurs approached me while we were setting up camp.

"My Lady Gem," he asked "Why is it you hair turns black before and during a battle?"

The question took me by surprise. I stared at him for a moment. He fidgeted and began to back away. "I didn't mean to..."

I laughed. "No, it's alright. I guess you wouldn't know. Where I come from, most of the Sorcerers are raven haired." Seeing confusion in his eyes, I explained, "It's just to confuse our enemies. So it's harder for observers to tell which Sorcerer is actually on the field. Of course, there aren't any other Sorcerers that I know of in Antagarich."
"I had another dream about Amanda last night. I think the dreams are real, and she's communicating with me by magic."
---
2. What are their political system.
Play Heroes II and MM6 - they allied with Roland Ironfist after he sent Lord Halton to save their hides from the Necromancers. After that I suppose they were assimilated with the kingdom of Enroth, which is why there's no nation of Noraston mentioned in MM6.

Silver Cove is almost definitely the former Noraston guildhall - its map location is consistent in MM6, Heroes I (Castle Lamanda) and II (Noraston).

---
3. What are their beliefs?
"I finished reading the Druid Book last night. I have been reading it slowly and thinking about what it says, and also what it does not say. While there are differences in specifics, the core philosophies are virtually identical."
"Gem," Amanda replied, "if our two philosophies are as similar as you say, it may be a good idea to join them." I told her I couldn't. I would feel so disloyal to her and my sister Sorceresses.
---
What about the rest of them? Who are their last leader and what happened to her after the Reckoning? (if they successfully made it to Axeoth, i think they are now factionless ....
They must all be in Aranorn.

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 28 Feb 2009, 19:28

soz i've never played Might and Magic 6 before.

The only MM i've ever really play was
1) Might and Magic 8: bough in March 2000 , Finished several months later , this is the most "Fashion TV" inspired games i've ever seen!
2) Might and Magic 7: my friend gave me this stuff because he tried this game but he didn't know how to play it properly :p . Finished in early 2001
3) Might and Magic 9: i've bough this in 2002 but never finished.... because this game has alot of bugs! and the one that completely blocked the storylines! ... yes it is a bug of a fort quest where player must clear the fort... the monster is not a problem because i can beat them. the real one is... the moster is located in an inaccessible location!!!!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Mar 2009, 07:22

Lord of the Guns wrote:yes it is a bug of a fort quest where player must clear the fort... the monster is not a problem because i can beat them. the real one is... the moster is located in an inaccessible location!!!!
This is not bug, it is a feature. ;)

No - there is not bug with this fort - you just have to run quickly from switch you click to the doors before they close. There is enough time to do that (if you cleared your way).

Return to “Might and Magic”