Places to lvl in MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Places to lvl in MM6

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Feb 2009, 15:48

I just started playing MM6 and I am lvl 3 I need some good places to lvl.. Also can I get the prince back somehow? (he just got kidnapped :P)
Answer quick plz xD

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Places to lvl in MM6

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Feb 2009, 16:36

HeroOfPunk wrote:Also can I get the prince back somehow? (he just got kidnapped :P)
You will get the prince back only on certain months in circuses. Until then you won't be able to promote. So, usually I don't talk with him about circus until it's the right month.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Feb 2009, 16:47

So what am I supposed to do now? Start over? :( And how do I get him back? :)

seancdaug
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby seancdaug » 21 Feb 2009, 17:00

HeroOfPunk wrote:So what am I supposed to do now? Start over? :( And how do I get him back? :)
You can get to the circus at any point, provided you're strong enough to fight through whatever monsters may be in your way. The circus moves around Enroth, to a different location every month. The only location I can remember for certain is the SE corner of Bootleg Bay in December, but there are others as well. You can probably check GameFAQs for a schedule. It's really not a huge deal if you wait, though. It means you can't do one of the promotion quests, and one of the council quests. There should be plenty else to do until you can retrieve the prince and unlock them.

As for leveling up, I suggest hiring a teacher/instructor NPC (10-15% increase on earned experience) and just going from there. If you haven't cleared the overworld in New Sorpigal or Castle Ironfist, I suggest doing that. In a couple of levels, you should be able to move on to clearing Bootleg Bay's overworld. Otherwise, just start poking around in various dungeons. Just stay out of Paradise Valley and Sweet Water, since you won't be able to deal with Devils and Dragons for a while yet, and the Mire of the Damned, since the the combination of harpies (who'll curse you) and ghosts (who will age you) are more trouble than they're worth.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Places to lvl in MM6

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 21 Feb 2009, 17:23

HeroOfPunk wrote:I just started playing MM6 and I am lvl 3 I need some good places to lvl.. Also can I get the prince back somehow? (he just got kidnapped :P)
Answer quick plz xD
Honestly for me there is no good place for leveling in MM6. The best way is finish the easy quest with simply walking.

For example:

Go to free haven and do the knight quest. You will get at least 4 level just for walking 2 minutes.

Use save and load for hiring a gate master. You will go any where and do any quest even in dungeon. Just run pick the item and use town portal of gate master.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Feb 2009, 17:40

Where can I get a Gatemaster? And also how do I get to Free Haven? Simply travelling or do I need to go somewhere special? Im lvl 5 now :P

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 21 Feb 2009, 18:16

HeroOfPunk wrote:Where can I get a Gatemaster? And also how do I get to Free Haven? Simply travelling or do I need to go somewhere special? Im lvl 5 now :P
Gate master is a people which you hiring. You can stand in front of any woman and man. Talk to them, save and load until you speak to a gate master. Hire them, they cost around 2000.

Click on their face, now you can tell them to use town portal at master level. Mean that you can travel everywhere from now on.

Secondly, enter this link

http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... 1/mm6.html

You can see which quest you can do just for talking and walking.

From my experience, you can do every non-killing quest in this list. Learn telekiss spell and you can pick every item and open every chest.

Good luck

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Feb 2009, 19:12

God damnit im not stupid lol XD I have been playing Might and Magic for 8 years just not MM6! :P Well I am in freehaven do i need to become cavalier and shit first? Or can I just take the quest right away? :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Feb 2009, 20:18

You can just take the quest. I believe it's an easy one, just walk, talk and return...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 21 Feb 2009, 21:52

First thing to do before getting started is to take note of the following:

Circus Schedule (for Nicolai's dissapearance):
March - Northwest in Mire of the Damned
December - Southeast in Bootleg Bay (mainland)
EDIT: I made a mistake here. See Avonu's post.

Equinox or Solstice (for Druid promotion):
March 20, June 21, September 23, December 21st
(Be in Silver Cove on that date - preferably a day early to be sure)

Both are important to keep in mind during the game. You can get the Great Druid promotion quite fast if you got Waterwalking and can avoid the Gargoyles. Don't talk to Nicolai until it's march or december, or a week or so before those months. Then you can get to him fast since Mire of the Damned and Bootleg Bay are both connected to Ironfist anyway.

Mostly, I don't take a Druid because I hate having to pay attention to the calendar all the time.

As for the Cavalier quest, take it as soon as you enter Free Haven. Easiest promotion quest in the game. Just walk half an area, talk to a guy at a tavern, return and you're done :)

List of trainers
Basics guide (mostly just for seeing which spells are worth buying and which spell schools to train yourself in)
Potion Chart

You should try to solve everything else yourself, of course, but if you do get stuck somewhere, here's a walkthrough. I advise to only use it for one quest: Twillen's Statues. That quest is easy anyway, and just a pain in the ass if you have to fly over the whole area multiple times to spot a small grey thingy on the ground :)

Best NPCs:
- Gatemaster (Town Portal once a day)
- Master Healer (Full heal once a day, incl all status effects except eradication)
- Wind Master (Fly for 2 hours once a day - handy for getting expert air magic before going to Mist)
- Instructor (more experience)
- Scholar (slightly less extra exp. than instructor, but also identifies anything - actually better in the end by saving up skill points you'd have spend on identify otherwise. Besides, it identifies no matter which character is high lighted or in who's inventory the item is. Saves you alot of frustration. Best NPC imo)
- Banker (the second-best NPC. Simply increases the amount of money you get. Take this at the start when no longer need to use a Gatemaster, Master Healer or Wind Master. Then when you start raking in the money, switch it for an Instructor).
Any other NPC isn't really worth it. Unless you need to get Light or Dark Magic, in which case a Pirate&Gypsy or Bard respectively does the job quite well.

As for good places to level, I can only think of two. Ironfist and Free Haven overland areas. Both are easy enemies and good experience. If you got fly it's just a matter of raking it in.

Watch out for traps and ambushes. Iirc, MM6 is a little more evil when it comes to these things than 7 or 8. And when you fight any type of ghost except the green ones (the weakest variant), don't let them close into melee! If they did get a hit in on you, look at your stats after the fight. If you got magically aged, load game. If not, save game. It's hard to fix early on and can really screw up your party.

The temple of Free Haven, once fixed, is the only place that can cure Erradication save for your cleric, paladin or druid.

Lastly - you'll want to make a note of wells that grant nice bonusses, even temporary ones. I'm not telling you where they are, I think half the fun in the game is exploring, but suffice to say there are some great places to set a Lloyd's Beacon.
Last edited by Macros the Black on 23 Feb 2009, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Feb 2009, 05:58

Another circus month:
April - Blackshire
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 22 Feb 2009, 09:16

Mire of Damned is August, not March.
Also, I see no problem in magical aging, it can be easily cured by Fountain of Youth.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Feb 2009, 09:31

Macros the Black wrote:Circus Schedule (for Nicolai's dissapearance):
Blackshire - April (4th month)
Mire of the Damned - August (8th month)
Bootleg Bay - December (12th month)
Macros the Black wrote:Lastly - you'll want to make a note of wells that grant nice bonusses, even temporary ones. I'm not telling you where they are, I think half the fun in the game is exploring, but suffice to say there are some great places to set a Lloyd's Beacon.
At the end you need visit only 3 lands to rise temporary your parametrs - only the highest bonus is working - bonuses from wells don't cumulate.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 22 Feb 2009, 11:16

Avonu wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:Circus Schedule (for Nicolai's dissapearance):
Blackshire - April (4th month)
Macros the Black wrote:Lastly - you'll want to make a note of wells that grant nice bonusses, even temporary ones. I'm not telling you where they are, I think half the fun in the game is exploring, but suffice to say there are some great places to set a Lloyd's Beacon.
At the end you need visit only 3 lands to rise temporary your parametrs - only the highest bonus is working - bonuses from wells don't cumulate.
Why care about small attribute when you can greatly boost it with Master light magic. More than that, you can use some black poiton.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 23 Feb 2009, 18:21

Black potions can be used just once,
He, who rely on them, just dunce. :)
While boosting one of attributes,
they drop another, that don't suit!

The well of Level in Kriegspire,
The boosting fountain in fallen lands,
the well of Magic in Bootleg,
And one at Ironfist to train till game ends.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Feb 2009, 18:29

:hail:
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Feb 2009, 19:28

Avonu wrote:Blackshire - April (4th month)
You're right, my mistake. Should've looked it up instead of doing it from memory.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 24 Feb 2009, 14:33

tolich wrote:Black potions can be used just once,
He, who rely on them, just dunce. :)
While boosting one of attributes,
they drop another, that don't suit!

The well of Level in Kriegspire,
The boosting fountain in fallen lands,
the well of Magic in Bootleg,
Meaning??

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Feb 2009, 08:05

It is about very valuable points of Lloyd Beacons.
The Training Hall at Castle Ironfist lets you train up to level 200, and price is the same as at Free Haven. The Training Hall at Paradise Valley has no Level Limit, but it is much more expensive. Really, I never reached level 100, and Ironfist's Training suits me well.

Dont't read further if you don't want to be spoiled.

Level limits of the Training Halls:
  • New Sorpigal 15
  • Butler Bay 20
  • Mist 30
  • Silver Cove 40
  • White Cap 50
  • Free Haven 60
  • Kriegspire 80
  • Blackshire 100
  • Ironfist 200
  • Paradise Valley None
The Training Prices grow to the North and to the West. I.e., prices of Butler Bay is higher than of Mist, and prices of Kriegspire and of Blackshire is higher than of Ironfist. Silver Cove and White Cap have the same price. Ironfist and Free Haven have the same price.
Paradise Valley is the mostexpensive, but has no level limit.
For economical reason, train at New Sorpigal till 15th level, then at Mist till 30th Level, then at White Cap till 50th level, then at Free Haven till 60th, then at Ironfist till 200th, then at Paradise Valley.

Return to “Might and Magic”