Dark Elves of Jadame

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Dark Elves of Jadame

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 19 Feb 2009, 15:58

Everyone playin' MM8 should have seen this totally radical and creative concepts of "Dark Elf". How cool Caneghem is?

For them instead of being evil (D&D), or being a BDSM fetish race (Heroes6), Jadamean dark elves are totally different, and being a dominating race of Jadame.

but...

1. Did they share the same ancestry as AvLee Wood Elves? i.e. Being a group of renegades who left Vori for good. and did they have the same reasons as AvLee elves to leave?
2. Is Jadame more humid and sunny than AvLee? Dark Elves are instead of being goth white, they are all have a red/tan skin .... Did NWC modelled them after Latin American? or did NWC Crew watches alot of FTV? i have a feel that many dark elves (especially female Dark Elves) are more or less looks like either many modelswomen of 1999-2000 (at the turn of the millenium) or certain celebs of that time. J-Lo?
2. Dark Elves reject the concepts of Feudalism (or any forms of Monarchy), it seems that their political system is Republic.... Are Ravenshore and Alvar belongs to the same nation? Is Bastion Loudin the president of this republic?, and did Daggerwound Isle the part of this republic too? if Dark Elf government considers the Regnan invasion on Daggerwound isle highly important, then.... beside of Regnans are "pirate nations" which always threaten the trade. is there any political reasons beyond just economic / business dispuite?
3. IF NWC include them in any Heroes of Might and Magic series (Nival seems to model Dark Elves after D&D Universe!) How should Dark Elf armed forces be? as i've played MM8. there's no Raptor riders there.
Do they uses Giant bee in combat? do they use any dragon? will Dark elf forces consists of mercenaries? and what's their alignment? (if they can't be evil because they seems to love their peaceful lifestyle, then are they considered as "Good" or "Neutral"?)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dark Elves of Jadame

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Feb 2009, 16:27

Lord of the Guns wrote:1. Did they share the same ancestry as AvLee Wood Elves? i.e. Being a group of renegades who left Vori for good. and did they have the same reasons as AvLee elves to leave?
Vori Elves are Elves from Enroth (as all races). So yes, they all have common ancestors.
Lord of the Guns wrote:2. Dark Elves reject the concepts of Feudalism (or any forms of Monarchy), it seems that their political system is Republic.... Are Ravenshore and Alvar belongs to the same nation? Is Bastion Loudin the president of this republic?, and did Daggerwound Isle the part of this republic too? if Dark Elf government considers the Regnan invasion on Daggerwound isle highly important, then.... beside of Regnans are "pirate nations" which always threaten the trade. is there any political reasons beyond just economic / business dispuite?
Dark Elves are not Republic - they are (XVIII-XIX) capitalists. :D
They "rule" Jadame with their Merchant House - fixing prizes and trading goods... and so on.
Alvar and Ravenshore are they territories but and Garogge Gorge, Ravage Roaming, Ironsand Desert, Shadowspire, Murmurwoods and Dagger Wound Islands are regions were Dark Elves trading.
Lord of the Guns wrote:3. IF NWC include them in any Heroes of Might and Magic series (Nival seems to model Dark Elves after D&D Universe!)
No - Nival modeled DE after Warhammer - it was Ubisoft who "think out" about matriarch system (Drows from D&D). ;)
About units for fraction - DE hiring many mercenaries for their caravans - Lizardmen, Minotaurs, Trolls, Wampires. They are fraction which main goal is money.
And about Regnans vs rest of world- they are pirates true but many nations trading with them for rare goods from Regna (and also from "taxed" ships I think ;) ).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Feb 2009, 17:51

Are Ravenshore and Alvar belongs to the same nation?
No, Ravenshore was built as the capital of the Amberlian Empire and became independant after its downfall ("ruled" by the Merchants under Elgar Fellmoon, though), while Alvar was a seperate nation and Alvar City was purely Dark Elven. Bastian Loudrin seems to be the closest thing the Alvarians have to a ruler.

I'm inclined to think the Dark Elves split off from AvLee, not Vori, though that's only conjecture.

They'd probably be Neutral. And no, I don't think they'd use giant wasps if they went to war :P

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 20 Feb 2009, 17:20

Avonu wrote:
Lord of the Guns wrote:1. Did they share the same ancestry as AvLee Wood Elves? i.e. Being a group of renegades who left Vori for good. and did they have the same reasons as AvLee elves to leave?
Vori Elves are Elves from Enroth (as all races). So yes, they all have common ancestors.
Lord of the Guns wrote:2. Dark Elves reject the concepts of Feudalism (or any forms of Monarchy), it seems that their political system is Republic.... Are Ravenshore and Alvar belongs to the same nation? Is Bastion Loudin the president of this republic?, and did Daggerwound Isle the part of this republic too? if Dark Elf government considers the Regnan invasion on Daggerwound isle highly important, then.... beside of Regnans are "pirate nations" which always threaten the trade. is there any political reasons beyond just economic / business dispuite?
They "rule" Jadame with their Merchant House - fixing prizes and trading goods... and so on.
Alvar and Ravenshore are they territories but and Garogge Gorge, Ravage Roaming, Ironsand Desert, Shadowspire, Murmurwoods and Dagger Wound Islands are regions were Dark Elves trading.
Lord of the Guns wrote:3. IF NWC include them in any Heroes of Might and Magic series (Nival seems to model Dark Elves after D&D Universe!)
No - Nival modeled DE after Warhammer - it was Ubisoft who "think out" about matriarch system (Drows from D&D). ;)
About units for fraction - DE hiring many mercenaries for their caravans - Lizardmen, Minotaurs, Trolls, Wampires. They are fraction which main goal is money.
And about Regnans vs rest of world- they are pirates true but many nations trading with them for rare goods from Regna (and also from "taxed" ships I think ;) ).
ok about regnans stuffs could you please continue it in a previously available Regnan thread?
for DE not becoming a faction in HoMM3 or even 4, it seems their lack of "standing army" compared to Enroths, which solely pure-human faction, Erathians with a littlebit advanced weapons (repeating crossbow?) and Griffons, AvLee woodelves using centaurs, beasts, dendroids, and even Dwarves (of Stone City ???) alongside Elven archers. every factions in Antagarich are all having their own standing army but what about Jadamean DarkElves?... it would be something more challenging eversince "dwelling" concepts don't work for them (their only standing army is.. i think, Dark Elf archers, and greatsword wielders), those mercs are already assigned to specific factions... i.e. Vampires belong to Necropolis...(And Sandro!)Minotaurs are regularly fight for Nighon...) it will be challenging indeeeed, how to recruit those mercs directly in the city without having a recruitment system being too easy and gives DarkElves player alot more advantage...
How will you name DE town? Bazaar?

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 21 Feb 2009, 10:58

Lord of the Guns wrote:
Avonu wrote:
ok about regnans stuffs could you please continue it in a previously available Regnan thread?
for DE not becoming a faction in HoMM3 or even 4, it seems their lack of "standing army" compared to Enroths, which solely pure-human faction, Erathians with a littlebit advanced weapons (repeating crossbow?) and Griffons, AvLee woodelves using centaurs, beasts, dendroids, and even Dwarves (of Stone City ???) alongside Elven archers. every factions in Antagarich are all having their own standing army but what about Jadamean DarkElves?... it would be something more challenging eversince "dwelling" concepts don't work for them (their only standing army is.. i think, Dark Elf archers, and greatsword wielders), those mercs are already assigned to specific factions... i.e. Vampires belong to Necropolis...(And Sandro!)Minotaurs are regularly fight for Nighon...) it will be challenging indeeeed, how to recruit those mercs directly in the city without having a recruitment system being too easy and gives DarkElves player alot more advantage...
How will you name DE town? Bazaar?
hmm as it was stated before thy use Merc for the army & protection for there trade routes
so YES COMBINED vamp, minator, Lizardfolk Dark elfes, hehe tho's bloody Dark Dwarfs or any type who is a merc (so can be typicaly anyone who is merch) but i think mainly from there land Jadame ect.

----
hmm if someone make it a faction in Homm3
Hehe maby thy use a type of PORTAL OF SUMMONING
for excample Merch Guild 1.2.3.4.5.6.7... ect.
Only problem with this is that you can't build a big army in long period becouse it change's monsters in a certain time. but still powerfull & without alignment problem. only good for a RUSH type of faction trough.

still maby this a bad idea trough ;|
----
Last edited by Deyja on 21 Feb 2009, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 21 Feb 2009, 16:28

oh i see, why NWC don't make Dark Elf factions in any Heroes of Might and Magic continuity. (since they don't ride raptors hehe)
unless mmm... the army will be solely composed of Dark Elves alone, or maybe, mousemen to join the ranks? (since mousemen don't exists in Antagarich). still.. which type of dragons do they use? or did they just ride dragon? (since i think they buy dragon eggs from Sir Charles Quixote.. the same erathian dude who just left Queen Catherine and creating a new and small faction dedicating to Dragonhunting industrial hehehe, and after that. dark elves just hatched it. and voila! lil dragon under Jadamean posession)

or p'rhaps.. DarkElf chicks are sexier than AvLee AirCavs ? :D

Return to “Might and Magic”