MM9 general help questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 02 Mar 2009, 11:23

so I basically just have to hope of being lucky enough to complete the sets (found also gloves for the paladin set and boots for the lich set obvously just after my scholar got promoted to mage)
unless I use a editor or trainer.. any good one to suggest?

another little help..
with that loading problem I talked about sooner.. 20-30 sec to open every different screen (adventure->characters or shops or map/notes or spellbook->town portal map).. I never know if it is worth to read all of those parchments you find on walls or floors during the game.. is there some of these parchments which is not only flavour text but gives any important or usefull hint?
thanks...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Mar 2009, 16:51

RiccElijah wrote:so I basically just have to hope of being lucky enough to complete the sets (found also gloves for the paladin set and boots for the lich set obvously just after my scholar got promoted to mage)
In MM9 you can get all artifats and even double of some - just don't miss any black chest. And by "miss" I mean when you enter dungoen open the chest -like in Training Hall or Dragon Cave - because they reset every time you enter and if you don't get artifact, they disappeared forever.

About second problem - I don't know/remember.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 02 Mar 2009, 17:08

The most of parchments contain clues to qwest completion, e.g. fingerpointings to some persons, or the correct order of actions, or is esed as a quest item. Really, I can't remember any 'just-for-fun' scroll, though previous games contain much of them.

Valleja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Slow menus, too

Unread postby Valleja » 17 Mar 2009, 13:04

I am wondering if the OP (or anyone else) found a way to fix the slow menu loads in the game. I am a long time fan of the M&M series (especially the Heroes of Might and Magic games) and decided to give M&M IX a shot. The 3 second delays or so in loading up the inventory, journal, etc., is a bit annoying though. I'd love to hear how others have resolved this.

I am using the following:
Windows XP
AMD X2 6400+ w/ 4gb RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT with most recent drivers
RealTek onboard sound with latest drivers

Hoping someone figured this one out and can help me set up the game to work smoothly, too! :)

Thanks in advance!
~ Val

Skall
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skall » 17 Mar 2009, 13:53

I had the same problem of very long delays when switching from 3d to 2d screens in MM9.

Found this great fix from TELP MM9 Tavern.

http://rapidshare.com/files/133809664/cshell.rar.html

Extract the .rar into your MM9/DATA folder replacing the original cshell.dll (may want to back it up first)

The fix will turn off screen capturing though..so you will lose the pictures from save/load screens etc

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 30 Jun 2009, 23:54

Patch 1.3, the first loading screen after party creation never finishes. The music changes and someone says "Hello", but I never enter the game.

I vaguely recall having this problem before, but it's been years. Any thoughts?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Might and Magic”