MM9 general help questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

MM9 general help questions

Unread postby RiccElijah » 05 Feb 2009, 09:38

finally started to play MM9..
so here a few questions:

-is it any normal wait 20 seconds while switching from adventure screen to Inventory or Map/Notes or Rest screen or collecting treasures and even switching from character screen to Map/Notes screen??

-what's the use for Basilisk skins? how many do you need during the game?

-what's the use for Clovers?

-what's the use for stones? especially the red or green ones (which do not say that are trowable to cast spells but say that are red or green in the description)

thanx

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 05 Feb 2009, 11:06

I haven't played 9 in aaaaaaaaaaages, but I'm sure the switch between the screens was instantaneous. Maybe your system is old or there are hardware/driver conflicts. Could be a program in the background. The best advice i can give is to try a patch (those can sometimes fix the loading problems) or try updating drivers. Sorry, I can't help more, but I never had that problem before.

As far as I remember, the only use for basilisk skins is selling them for gold. There might be a quest where you need one though, I can't remember.
Clovers are, if I remember, used to give skill points. Like the horseshoes were in the previous games. I'm not to sure about this though...
I can't remember those stones though, if you got them off a monster they are probably only sold for gold...thats a wild guess though.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Feb 2009, 11:38

Preserve one Basilisk skin for the Gladiator promo.
4-leaf clover is the Luck symbol (as a horseshoe). So it used to gain skill points. Now they differ in quality and can give you more than 1 skillpoint.
Red and Green stones seem to be useless (only to sell), however the others contain spells. Their usage is similar to scrolls.
Last edited by tolich on 05 Feb 2009, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Feb 2009, 11:51

MM9 is the only one of the series that I put in a box with other games I no longer played and got rid of it. After you play it once, there's no need to keep it.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 05 Feb 2009, 14:01

Stryfer wrote:I haven't played 9 in aaaaaaaaaaages, but I'm sure the switch between the screens was instantaneous. Maybe your system is old or there are hardware/driver conflicts. Could be a program in the background. The best advice i can give is to try a patch (those can sometimes fix the loading problems) or try updating drivers. Sorry, I can't help more, but I never had that problem before.
the computer is only one year old.. so the system can't be "old"... it's newr than the game :S
I don't know about drivers or hardware.. it's pretty annoying but it makes me playing only a short time a day.. which is definetilly better ;)

everythig else.. thanx.. just as I suspected ;)

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Re: MM9 general help questions

Unread postby Lord13 » 05 Feb 2009, 14:10

RiccElijah wrote: -is it any normal wait 20 seconds while switching from adventure screen to Inventory or Map/Notes or Rest screen or collecting treasures and even switching from character screen to Map/Notes screen??
thanx
No it is not normal, with 1 year old pc you should play game
100% smoothly. Pcs are weird "beings", so can be many things
that caused that. Ofc update your video card drivers and audio
card also(yes, sometimes even audio drivers can cause probs
with low fps or huge loadings). If the prob is still there "play"
with the video settings of the game :P
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 15 Feb 2009, 21:11

another question..

how many degrees must my Identify Monster Character need to have to be of some usefullness?? I mean.. he is expert and is at level 11 in ID Monster.. and still 70%-80% of the time he doesn't ID the monster.. I would just need to see the HP to use better tactics...
:S

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Feb 2009, 22:34

Mastering it would be great...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 16 Feb 2009, 09:49

If he is already at 11, then just go all the way. You already spent the skill points and gold can always be found again. :D

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 17 Feb 2009, 05:39

hey guys i was wondering if you had any thoughts on the best NPC to hire in mm9? i already have the mage from thjorgard pub shes fairly useful.

thanks in advance

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Feb 2009, 07:40

Usually I hire this Elf assassin from Drangheim tavern - he gives +4 bonuses to ID Item and Perception. Second one is or elf from Thronheim near tavern (ID Item +10% exp) or merchant from Guberland (+6 merchant).
And if I really need money then I hire banker from Drangheim - she can quickly earn much more money for your team (and next dismiss her). :D

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 17 Feb 2009, 07:48

ah ty :) much appreciated

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 Feb 2009, 11:14

To hire banker to rob bank is a cheating! :D
This can lead to financial crysis! :devil:

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 25 Feb 2009, 10:15

ok.. so what about known bugs??
I collected the 6 linking orbs..
I re-entered the Invecta Storca and found more LinkOrbs..
I install in Thronheim.. I go to Frosgard.. it doesn't seem to install.. can't enter the bank (banker speaks to me when I try to open the door), I go on install everywhere else.. but still nothing...
any solution??

(even for the mines quest.. if you do something in a different sequence.. I got repeared and still have the repeared piece in my inventory..)

BTW.. where can I find the third piece of the Free set (one piece given by the GreenMan, the second by the genie)??

and last..
don't need NPC for secondary abilities.. so after Ake the Righteous who should I pick?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Feb 2009, 11:48

First, about bugs. The game is, IMBO, a bug itself.
For Fre's artifacts, peruse the Black Chests. Note that when location is reset, all artifacts in its Black Chest are lost for this game, unless claimed before. The only two artifacts that can double: Gugnir and Fre's artifact from the Genie. Green Man gives no Fre artifacts.

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 26 Feb 2009, 10:01

opss.. sorry for the mistake.. I mean that I have the gloves and the ring.. if the third piece of the set is in a fixed spot I wuold go and look for it.. but if is a random artifact in a black chest it seems very unfair..

(ps.. what's gugnir??)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Feb 2009, 17:07

Sorry for typo, the real name is Gungnir.
Hanndl lost him, and he really happy if you return it to him. I don't know why, but this artifact can be found twice, to keep another copy for own.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Feb 2009, 13:24

tolich wrote:The only two artifacts that can double: Gugnir and Fre's artifact from the Genie.
Not true

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 28 Feb 2009, 16:00

Avonu wrote:
tolich wrote:The only two artifacts that can double: Gugnir and Fre's artifact from the Genie.
Not true
Please prove. :)

1) I know about the artifact pool, that is, any artifact, generated for any of the Black Chests, never appear in the game after. If you don't open chest before locations is reset, the artifact is lost (for this play, not for others, though :)). When game generated all artifacts from pool, the Black Chests contain but money.
2) I know Gungnir can duplicate, I have had two in possession.
3) I know that one artifact of Fre artifacts can double, but only because of Genie.

Is there artifact that can also double? Possibly, Green Man?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Feb 2009, 17:07

All artifacts from my "Fixed artifacts" list can be dupilicated - I have two Green Man, two Black's Heart and even two Everstrike.
One copy was always from fixed location (they are always in that chest), second one was from random black chest (usually I looted chest in Training Hall).
If I am correct artifact list (from which artfatcs are placed in random chests) have all artifacts on it - even these placed in black chest like Dook's castle from Green Man - so you can have doubles.

I hoope you understand this post.

Return to “Might and Magic”