Might and Magic series - Best Games Ever!! Who is with me?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 26 Apr 2006, 16:32

Klayman, no advertising warez here.
to Talin_Trollbane,
Hey, very nice M&M collection! Anvil of Dawn (a nice choice!) is very good game, in my NWC collection there are some games that aren't that good, usually the ones that did not have Jon Van Caneghem involved at all. Come back soon..
hey, if it says New World Computing on it, im on it for sure :)
of course i come back. :proud:
P.S. Little trivia for You : where do I get my opening frase and also some comments to Talin_Trollbane?
what comments?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

vepeli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vepeli » 09 May 2006, 10:20

Helloo Adventurers!
Glunk..!

I had some additions to my M&M & NWC collection :

http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... lma2qc.jpg

I recently been looking (old) New World Computing logos in their games and how it has been developed in years. I have been taking screenshots of them and I may release some picture of them for like good historic glance. Some of them are very nice like one of the new ones (in M&M IX) has baroque style logo and ofcourse the old classics. I wonder in NWC or JVC like baroque, because You can found baroque rings in some M&M and there are some baroque music related musics in M&M series, mostly borroved J.S. Bach?

I came up with one question concerning copyrights :
Do You think its illegal to print New World Computing logo let say like in a peaked cap (coming hot sunny days, it would be nice to wear cool peaked cap like that)?

to Talin_Trollbane and others intrested,
In my little trivia I meant helloo adventurers, glunk, a nice choice, come back soon..
So where I get those? :)

Yours truly,
Vepeli who possess both Might and Magic in computer games

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 09 May 2006, 14:27

I came up with one question concerning copyrights :
Do You think its illegal to print New World Computing logo let say like in a peaked cap (coming hot sunny days, it would be nice to wear cool peaked cap like that)?
dunno, dont think so, dont think that Ubisoft would mind as long as ya dont start to sell em.

vepeli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vepeli » 08 Jun 2006, 10:16

Helloo Adventurers!
Glunk..!

I had few additions to M&M collection. You can view it here :
http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... lma6rh.jpg

Trivia solution : ever played the game Sword of Xeen? When walk in to the Inn (also know as tavern in this game) there is guy with blue whiskers who welcomes You by saying Helloo Adventurers!, and if You take a drink there is sound Glunk!. A nice choice! is where You go to a BlackSmith (also known as store in this game) and buy item. Also, come back soon! is said by the blacksmith (purple fellow with blue lips) when getting back to adventuring. I have always liked very much of the humorous voices, sounds and musics in the M&M games.
Anyone who is playing Darkside of Xeen now can go check if it has same speeches (I cannot remember, but may be)?

Yours truly,

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 08 Jun 2006, 10:51

vepeli wrote:Trivia solution : ever played the game Sword of Xeen? When walk in to the Inn (also know as tavern in this game) there is guy with blue whiskers who welcomes You by saying Helloo Adventurers!, and if You take a drink there is sound Glunk!. A nice choice! is where You go to a BlackSmith (also known as store in this game) and buy item. Also, come back soon! is said by the blacksmith (purple fellow with blue lips) when getting back to adventuring. I have always liked very much of the humorous voices, sounds and musics in the M&M games.
Anyone who is playing Darkside of Xeen now can go check if it has same speeches (I cannot remember, but may be)?
I was wondering if it may come from Darkside of Xeen. I have the game in french, so the speech is different, but the "spirit" is quite the same.

"Bonjouuur, aventuriers..."

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 11 Jun 2006, 13:39

Swords of Xeen was made totally in Darkside's game-engine so im pretty sure that Darkside got the same soundfiles :)

its been awhile since i played both Darkside and Swords, so i cant remember what the blacksmith says.

vepeli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vepeli » 20 Jul 2006, 11:11

Helloo Adventurers!
Glunk..!

Just stopped by to show updated collection picture,
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/391/ ... lmaaz7.jpg

And ask couple of questions about Heroes IV Card game,
Has anyone played it? Is it good? Who has developed it?

Yours truly,

Return to “Might and Magic”