GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Anubis
Demon
Demon

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

Postby Anubis » Feb 16 2021, 8:05

"You were unable to pick the lock."

The problem I have with this specific wording for the chests in the Warlord's Fortress is because that wording makes it sound like you can open these chests by finding a key for them. There's someone I know that actually played Might and Magic 6 blind and was confused as to where the keys could possibly be for these chests until I told him that they couldn't be opened at all.

I would have instead worded it something like... "It is impossible to open this chest."

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Postby Macros the Black » Feb 19 2021, 19:30

Maybe the Horn of Ros could grant GM ID Monster skill, in addition to showing hit points? Or a similar kind of effect. It would allow for more tactical use of different spells, especially in MM6 with all the "magic" immunities, it would be nice to know when a relatively high level enemy isn't immune or highly resistant for a change.

Or maybe Jon van Caneghem could drop an item with this effect :p. Something like a "Monster Reference File".
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

ark1890
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby ark1890 » Mar 4 2021, 13:07

Hello, GrayFace! Thanks for the patches for all Might & Magic games. I would like to ask if an full-screen image rendering can be implemented using pixel-perfect integer scaling (with black bars if needed, of course)? Without any filtering and smoothing.

Here are links with information:
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/integer-scaling
https://tanalin.com/en/articles/integer-scaling/

I did not find any information about it in current patches...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby GrayFace » Mar 8 2021, 12:24

ark1890 wrote:Hello, GrayFace! Thanks for the patches for all Might & Magic games. I would like to ask if an full-screen image rendering can be implemented using pixel-perfect integer scaling (with black bars if needed, of course)? Without any filtering and smoothing.

Yes, by increasing ScalingParam1 and ScalingParam2 values. E.g. to the extreme:
ScalingParam1=10000
ScalingParam2=1
Defaults are:
ScalingParam1=3
ScalingParam2=0.2
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Graff » Mar 11 2021, 7:10

Hi GrayFace,

I am always ecstatic to come back to this forum and see that you are actively posting. Couple thoughts for the next patch:

-I agree with Anubis, the chests in Warlords Fortress are an issue now. Personally, I don't think the fix was necessary at all... I believe the empty chests with traps are intentionally put there.
-Now that Anubis pointed out there is supposed to be a spear in the Temple of Tsantsa I'd really like to see it in action. Can this be fixed?
-A rock in the abandoned temple of baa is mentioned here: http://alexko72.narod.ru/secret.html . Is this also broken? What was it?
-Double chest in dragoons caverns had issue where if you weren't successful disarming the trap for the first would go off, then the trap for the second, and then you could only open the second chest afterwards. Now, this feature is gone entirely so only the first chest works. I revert back to the older patch when I get to this point. I'm not sure how realistic it would be to do this but you could make it work with your chest fix by alternating between chest one and chest two each click. EX: Set off trap 1, set off trap 2, open chest one, open chest two, open chest one, etc. Another benefit of doing it like this is that you'd be able to grab any overflow of chest one which is currently impossible with both patches.
-I'd still really like Useless Crystals to disappear after being clicked on like what happens with "empty bag". Also, currently you do not need any perception skill to determine if a crystal is useless whereas if it's good it just won't say anything at all if you don't have the skill. Both options should be blank if the perception requirement is not met.
-I mentioned earlier that the perception NPCs don't work; that would be nice to have fixed.
-Ghost of Baltazar should disappear after the quest like the Ghost of John Silver does.
-The description of the expert level of the second spell of all the elemental magics doesn't have a space between "1" and "spell point"

Thank you,
Graff

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby GrayFace » Mar 15 2021, 8:47

Anubis wrote:
"You were unable to pick the lock."

The problem I have with this specific wording for the chests in the Warlord's Fortress is because that wording makes it sound like you can open these chests by finding a key for them.

This is the only phrase that seemed fitting. I can change the phrase in English version of the game though.

Graff wrote:-I agree with Anubis, the chests in Warlords Fortress are an issue now. Personally, I don't think the fix was necessary at all... I believe the empty chests with traps are intentionally put there.

They weren't empty, they were duplicates.

Graff wrote:-Now that Anubis pointed out there is supposed to be a spear in the Temple of Tsantsa I'd really like to see it in action. Can this be fixed?

What spear??? [edit] Oh, I'm beginning to remember that there was something in the final rooms...

Graff wrote:-Double chest in dragoons caverns had issue where if you weren't successful disarming the trap for the first would go off, then the trap for the second, and then you could only open the second chest afterwards. Now, this feature is gone entirely so only the first chest works.

I've moved the 2nd chest somewhere. I think to the 2nd floor at the end. You just need to open some previously empty chest. I think I also made empty cabinets harmless.
Last edited by GrayFace on Mar 15 2021, 9:23, edited 3 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”