GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 18 Feb 2020, 21:52

We have to watch the whole introductory movie after a fresh new installation of MM6. Esc key can't close the movie. I guess I have already watched the movie more than 10 times...

So I have this lua script to make Esc work:

Code: Select all

mem.nop(0x457B9D, 2)
"0x457B9D" can be replaced by "0x457BA4" which has the same outcome.

It'd be better to put this fix into the next version of the patch.

----------

UPDATE: this problem exists in MM6 and 8 but not in MM7. A complete solution for MM6/8 with GrayFace Patch and MMExtension would be:

In <GAME_FOLDER>\Scripts\General\, create a text file named "RanOnce.lua", put the following code in the file and save it:

Code: Select all

-- We have to watch the whole introductory movie after a fresh new installation of MM6, 7 or 8 (including MMMerge).
-- With this script, you can close the movie with Esc key.

local mmver = offsets.MMVersion
if mmver == 8 then
    mem.nop(0x463EF0, 2)
elseif mmver == 6 then
    mem.nop(0x457BA4, 2)
end
----------

Another bug is that Lich book request's giver has two rooms (two doors) in Darkmoor village. One of the door is clearly a mistake.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on 07 Jul 2021, 21:44, edited 4 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Feb 2020, 23:09

Isn't there something in MM6.ini you can toggle to disable the movie?

NoIntro=1

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 18 Feb 2020, 23:30

Well, after a fresh new installation, you don't know or you know but didn't set NoIntro=1, and the movie is played without Esc key functional. You sometimes probably don't want to completely close MM6, set that and restart again. Esc key should always work even for the first time, just like MM7 and 8.

Also, I guess it's good to have the 'threeee-deee-oh' movie for the sake of completeness and nostalgia.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on 18 Feb 2020, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Feb 2020, 23:38

Sorry. I'm tired. I thought you were saying you couldn't escape key the movie at all -- completely forgot that you weren't able to do that the first time around.

I definitely agree with you in that case with that fix being implemented into the next patch then.
Last edited by Anubis on 18 Feb 2020, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

nixosmm678
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nixosmm678 » 09 Mar 2020, 18:57

is there any way to get something like the flexible ui in mm7 and mm8 for mm6 ?
or at least have it in 1920x1080... i got stuck with 2 huge black borders :/

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Mar 2020, 21:49

Not at this time, due to MM6 not using Hardware Mode and the New UI in 7/8 requiring it.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 18 Mar 2020, 21:25

Have I or anybody reported this issue? (or has it been fixed?) :

Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.

-----------------------
Simplified Chinese MM6 is v1.0 (you know, it's very buggy, English and other language's official v1.1 (1998 or 1999) patch fixed LOTS of bugs) and has never been officially or unofficially updated. However, I have published a Simplified Chinese MM6 patch in 2018. It uses Traditional Chinese version which is equivalent to English v1.1, and GrayFace MM6 Patch's resource files (i.e. my Chinese patch includes GrayFace's modified resources in .lod files, but it can't include modifications in mm6.exe and MM6patch.dll). I also fixed some crucial bugs including armor recovery time bug, dual hand weapon recovery time bug, etc. The above-mentioned Alamos Castle, Darkmoor village room, introductory movie 'Esc' problems are fixed in my patch. These are the maximum I can do.
It'll be ideal if my modification is merged into GrayFace MM6 Patch, and then GrayFace MM6 Patch supports DBCS (Chinese and other complicated character set), which I successfully managed to do for GrayFace MM8 Patch (and MMMerge) but unsuccessfully for MM7 and 6.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Mar 2020, 22:05

tomchen1989 wrote:Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.
You know...my Dad talked about this with me one day and said that teleporter in question used to work at one point and put you somewhere in Silver Cove.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 18 Mar 2020, 22:19

Anubis wrote:
tomchen1989 wrote:Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.
You know...my Dad talked about this with me one day and said that teleporter in question used to work at one point and put you somewhere in Silver Cove.
Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Mar 2020, 23:08

tomchen1989 wrote:Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...
That makes more sense. Did that podium even work at all at any point, to your knowledge? My Dad swears it did at one point.

Also, do you remember what place(s) you were sent to from the Teleporter Room in Castle Alamos? (Asking out of curiousity)

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 18 Mar 2020, 23:31

Anubis wrote:
tomchen1989 wrote:Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...
That makes more sense. Did that podium even work at all at any point, to your knowledge? My Dad swears it did at one point.

Also, do you remember what place(s) you were sent to from the Teleporter Room in Castle Alamos? (Asking out of curiousity)
Ah indeed we are not talking about the same teleporter. I'm talking about a buggy teleporter in the Memory Crystal Beta room (12), while you are talking about "9. Teleport Room (need Teleport Key)" in this map:
http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... html#iw_ca

Although I don't have any memory of that, and the-spoiler doesn't mention the destination of teleporter 9, I checked this online MM6 guide in Traditional Chinese which is a translated and modified version of the-spoiler:
https://chiuinan.github.io/game/game/in ... Alamos.htm

It says teleporter 9 teleports you to 2 ("Coach Travel") in Silver Cove

(But I really have no memory of it, that's quite bizarre... I've got to check it another day...)
Last edited by tomchen1989 on 18 Mar 2020, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 19 Mar 2020, 02:59

No, I knew you were talking about the teleporter by the memory crystal. It was my error -- when I recalled the conversation with my Dad, I thought he was talking about the podium by the memory crystal. Now that you've cleared things up, he must have been talking about the Teleporter Room that takes you to the stables at Silver Cove.

Now I have two more questions:

1. I recall that when you highlighted your mouse cursor over the two podiums in the memory crystal room, there was some text. What was the text that showed up for the podium with the memory crystal and the text that showed up for the empty podium?

2. Does the Teleporter Room (9) work at all at this point? If it works, does it take you to the Silver Cove Stables?

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 20 Mar 2020, 16:22

Anubis wrote:No, I knew you were talking about the teleporter by the memory crystal. It was my error -- when I recalled the conversation with my Dad, I thought he was talking about the podium by the memory crystal. Now that you've cleared things up, he must have been talking about the Teleporter Room that takes you to the stables at Silver Cove.

Now I have two more questions:

1. I recall that when you highlighted your mouse cursor over the two podiums in the memory crystal room, there was some text. What was the text that showed up for the podium with the memory crystal and the text that showed up for the empty podium?

2. Does the Teleporter Room (9) work at all at this point? If it works, does it take you to the Silver Cove Stables?
1. The memory crystal podium has the label "Exit" if I remember right. And the other non-functional one, it has a unrelated label. Anyway they are a mess, the podiums' labels. That's what I can recall.
2. I guess so. I checked the decompiled scripts https://www.dropbox.com/s/kznafxub3lcbrv1/MMScripts.rar . Only after you get the memory crystal should you be able to use the Teleporter 9 to go to Silver Cove Stables.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Mar 2020, 03:09

Thanks for checking for me. I appreciate it.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 28 Mar 2020, 14:12

The perception skill bonus for the NPC characters of Psychic and Scout is not functional. I tested this on a skull pile of weakness in the Temple of Baa in Ironfist. With normal perception rank 5 I was successful. A Psychic states +5 which should work on it's own but the search failed. I then brought on a Scout with +6 in addition to the Psychic. This should have made my character with level 1 perception effectively at level 12 but again, the search failed. If someone would like to confirm both of these NPCs are hireable from houses in Mire of the Damned. Scout is first door when turning left facing the big stained glass doors with eyes; Psychic is first door turning left after going up to the second level via the brick walkway by the stables passing by the book of liches quest NPC.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 10 Apr 2020, 00:51

With one exception, the Doors in the Superior Temple of Baa that require perception do not properly require expert perception - they instead only require a perception rank of 4. The one exception is the door in the entrance hall closest to the locked chest - this door requires Perception 8, which would correspond to Rank 4 Perception with Expert training.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 14 Apr 2020, 09:46

Hi, I've played MM6 recently with last GrayFace Patch 2.4, and I've collected some small bugs or issues.
Though, I guess most of these are already existent (or even well-known) issues, not specific to v2.4. Little annoying stuff for sure, maybe something could be done about them at some point? I'm mainly reporting what I've observed.

BLACKSHIRE, Lair of the Wolf: Ghost NPC chat non-synchronized 'magic sprinkle'
The sprinkle sound effect and animation seem to be weirdly separated; for example, the sprinkle animation appears anwyays when you go talk/retalk to the NPC, but with no sound (or it is after closing the chat?); eventually, if you click on the chat for the Pearl of Purity, THEN you'll find the sprinkle sound, but now without the sprinkle animation.

HERMIT'S ISLE, Supreme Temple of Baa: invisible boxes' top and 'evil baa trapping beds of doom'.
Two glitches.
1. In a certain room where there is storing of only decorative boxes/crates (it's one where, actually, those elements don't show in the minimap as part of the room!), if you jump to see what's upon them, you'll see the top invisible; creepy!
2. There is/are one or more corridors with lots of doors to bedrooms; and many of those beds (it is very easy to differentiate) are quite closer to the walls so that you can't get your party to walk inbetween; HOWEVER, if you dare to even approach, you'll get your party stucked… forever! Of course, Water Magic can help, but… This same problem happens in many of those bedrooms.

Improvable feature? General UI feature in MM6; and probably MM7/MM8 as well
The time duration for 'Nothing there' text in the info bar, whenever searching in a Dungeon, is a big too long I think. It's quite annoying in the long-term. It's especially very bad when looking for Barrels for example; but in other searches too.

PARADISE VALLEY: Mighty Magick Shop text absence
In the 'Buy' section of the Shop, if you buy every single item from it, emptying the stock, the Reset Timer is not shown as it usually happens to the engine. The 'Special' section though seems to be working as expected.

ARENA: rushing NPC speech
When you pick your challenge level, the text that appears fastly vanishes without even clicking nor having time to read it properly; and you are rapidly thrown in the middle of the battle. The text should stop the game normally I guess.

Topaz description…
Topaz: a sculpted piece of amber
Seriously? :D Well, sure it's a fantasy game. But that sounds more like a wrong selection of the right text; it's a gem or mineral.

FREE HAVEN: Oracle, 'the entrance of doom'
Similar to what happens to the beds previously explained in the Supreme Temple of Baa…
This time, it's right in the entrance, where you can get stucked between the on/off mechanic desk and the door, although this time one can just escape using that exit door.

KRIEGSPIRE: Castle Kriegspire: Agars pets experimental meteorites/falling stars.
Something very glitched happened there to me: many of those monsters started falling (dead or dying? I don't remember if I've killed them too soon or what) from the 'open' ceiling on those large spawning rooms (where there are 4 of these rooms), and then they 'crashed underground' (or above the ceiling, who knows?), burrying their corpses, visible only in the minimap with Wizard Eye.

READING LETTER'S REPETITIVE VOICE BUG
I've found out if you drag (while holding RMB in advance) a Letter to a character portrait (at the bottom area) to read it, the 'Hmmm.' voice acting sound will keep repeating undefinitively until you release RMB. It doesn't happen when you move the Letter to the character portrait and only then press and hold RMB.

MEMORY CRYSTALS
Before you pick the first time the Memory Crystals from their places in the 4 Dungeons (Castle Darkmoor, Castle Kriegspire, Castle Alamos, Supreme Temple of Baa), those quest items don't have any readable info when your cursor is over them; but if you pick them and drop them anywhere, then they have readable info.

FREE HAVEN: Oracle, Control Cube quest delivery bug
There is no sprinkle sound when you deliver the Control Cube for this quest; it seems to me it should though…

FREEING ARCHIBALD
I don't know if it's normal, but some effect gets a bit broken (I guess it's the quest sprinkle sound, which gets cut?) when you click the chat to deliver Archibald, after the animation has stopped; anyways, it is already a bit disturbing the fact that he suddenly vanishes, but this I think it's easily conceivable for the concept of Magic.

TEXTES/SPEECHES language errors
Some are easier to spot; but, are these being fixed in the Patches, by chance? (Ah! I remember the "Minotuars" in MM8 Promotion Quest NPC :D).

MM6 mixed order of NPC Portraits in Houses
It should be by design the way the game creators let things be; but it's a bit strange the fact that, in the first Houses, at New Sorpigal for instance, we see that professional/adult NPCs appear before (on top) of the child NPCs. Then, in towns like Free Haven, at some Houses this order happen to be inverted; which is a bit odd; because sometimes you are really looking for the 'professional' NPC and you expect him/her to be at the top for previous observed habit, and maybe, also for being the parent/responsible in the House (but who who knows what to expect of a fantasy world!).

NON-COLLAPSING CHAT TEXTS on Quest Delivering
There are Quest NPCs who offer 3 chat options (at the right area in the UI). If it happens that the Quest chat option is the 2nd in the list, that is, the chat option in the middle, when you complete it, usually the quest chat option disappears and there's a gap that is not collapsed by the top and bottom remaining chat options. On re-entering (or sometimes just re-accessing the chat options), the chats get collapsed; but not at the very moment of completing the quest. This behavior can be observed, for example, in New Sorpigal's Town Hall (it's the quest to rescue Sherry from the Shadow Guild), and in Castle Ironfist's house where there is the NPC for the quest of the Harp stolen by the Dragoons. Maybe there are other examples, but I've noted these 2.

SERIOUS HOLDING ITEM GLITCH
This happens to me very recurrently. The item gets its image 'arrayed' like cards in Windows's Solitaire winning.
This glitch usually happens whenever I hold an item 'as the cursor' inside a building; very easily seen chez Mr. the Seer! in Castle Ironfist Region Map; since the Seer hands you lost items. But I think this glitch is happening in many buildings actually.

BOOTLEG'S BAY, FIRELORD QUEST: persistant sprinkle sound
Must be related to the original vanilla bug of infinite XP. What happens is just that the text 'Quest' still remains after its completion, which is ok, but by clicking on it characters' expressions react (if I'm not wrong), and certainly there is a sprinkle sound, as many as you want by clicking. Maybe might be removed, since everyone already knows (or not?) how important it is to be of assistance of The Fire Lord. :D

BOOTLEG'S BAY, FIRELORD: getting stuck into a wall
In that octagone of holes to fall into, near the entrance of the dungeon, it seems to be a glitch with the Northwestern hole (but maybe it happens in other walls too). What I've observed: by falling into that hole, then just going into that lower hallyway cleaning up monsters, then returning to the ramp and facing the high cliff-wall and trying, walking in to it and then using Jump Spell to try and go up back again to that octagon room… well, this can make your party glitch and get stuck into the wall apparently.

CASTLE IRONFIST: Dragoons' Caves: missing info on a permanent bonus; is it supposed to be so much secret?
There is a bony decoration, on a wall in a lower-level hallways' labyrinth, which gives +10 Luck Permanent to a single character who searches it. Something apparently good happens (I guess because of the sprinkle sound/animation?), but no information comes out.

Fountains/Wells NO 'Refreshing' text recurrent issue.
Sure, I could do the complete list. But for now I've noted that the +50 Luck Temporarly in Blackshire (north of town) has no 'Refreshing' text after drinking from it again being buffed.

Edit:

DAWN-TO-MORNING, TRANSITION LIGHT GLITCH; seemingly occuring in all games, MM6-8?
Around 05:00 am, in a Region Map, the day light will have a weird 'spike' of brighter light, then suddenly will re-darken again a bit, then slowly and gradually recovers to day light toward the morning.

FREE HAVEN: Etric's Tomb; crazy Niches trumping searching character
This… could be a bug after all; anyways it's at the same time surprising, annoying and terrible (and by the way, shall we remember that in MM6 Disease is not just solved with some Cure Disease / Orange Potions!). In this Dungeon, all of the Niches in the walls that can cause Disease Status (I don't know if the logic is applying to the other 'good' Niches which give treasures) are focusing somehow randomly on any (the next in order of readiness?) character who is NOT Searching. So, using the specialized character who might be training higher Perception and/or Disarm Skills is completely useless. Cursed Niches, that they are!

BOUNTY HUNT: BUG! Wrong payments!!
It seems that ALL of the 3 Town Halls are giving lower prices than said for the bounties.
For example, they say they pay 3,000 Gold for a Werewolf, but actually you're receiving much less: about half the value, or something around 50–75% of the said value. My party has been successful in Bounty Hunting on the first 3 months of the journey for all the 3 Town Halls (except for a Bat in March for New Sorpigal's Town Hall); I guess it's a generalized issue, but I couldn't check properly everytime; I only know that it kept ocurring and it was on all the 3 Town Halls. Colossal Hydra, Power Lich, Werewolf, Cleric of Baa; these are some that I've check there was indeed the problem.

ENCHANTMENT: "Of Recovery" is affecting SPELLCASTING
"Of Recovery" can happen on amulets, armors… and even weapons; but weapons have yet another similar enchantement which I don't recall the name.
Now, I don't know if this is supposed to happen (I often thought it wasn't the case for any of the games MM6-MM8), but this enchantment "Of Recovery" in MM6 seems to affect the recovering speed of spellcasting — and that's quite a powerful thin I'd say. In gameplay, it's easy to verify this by 'chronometring' the recovering time of a long-recovering spell such as Day of the Gods (equipped and unequipped with the enchanted item).

BOOK NOTES and etc.: FLIPPING ICONS/PAGE LISTS/ORDER OF FLIPPING PAGES ON UI seems to be inverted
It's hard to explain, but in MM6 its seems very unintuitive what is happening on those book notes when you try to flip the pages… It really sounds like you should be going 'backwards' clicking on the top icon, and going 'forward' clicking on the bottom icon. And the ending page of a list (e.g., of potion mixing) is found by maxing out the top icon of flipping pages). I can just tell something weird is going on out there; maybe it isn't just me?

SHORTER RANGE OF THE READER/SPACEBAR/CLICKING ACTION FEATURE
It might be something specific to MM6… maybe I've played so much more MM8 and MM7 that I'd ended up finding MM6 difficult or buggy in this aspect. It's also possible it's a personal wrong impression of the gameplay. What seems to happen only in MM6 (and a bit frustrating after the latter games experience at least on my case) is that to even Read elements of the 3D setting of Enroth, you need to get very close to those stuff (e.g., Shop Signs, Shop Doors, other interactive objects, etc.). Similar observation with Spacebar (and I guess LMB clicking too): sometimes you might think you are close enough to enter a Shop for example, but it's not the case. Maybe they've just improved the engine, augmenting these interactive ranges, and MM6 has been kept this way. I don't know if there is some possible configuration of that 'Range'.

MISTY ISLANDS: Matering Air Magic; missing more precise info on Honorary Archmages
It's contextual, maybe some lack of attention of game design.
Actually the Master Teacher for Air Magic will say that will train to Master Level only those characters who have achieved Archmage titles. But what about Druids and Archers who will never become Archmages for real? The idea is that it would be nice if the information was a bit more clear than just that said, I mean something that could sound like: 'Archmage or Honorary Archmage'. As an experienced MM6-8 player, even myself got in doubt what I should do with my Druid (and later on, my Archer as well)(if I had to obtain Archdruid title, instead of Archmage for that Druid, or if the Druid would not be able to even Learn Master Air Magic after all since will never become a real Archmage).

MISTY ISLANDS: BUG; WRONGLY PRE-ACTIVATED PORTAL?
There is a portal in the main island of Misty Islands which can teleport you to the other islands.
There is also a house (more like a lighthouse) with an NPC which will say, the first time you talk to, that that portal has now been activated so you can go there do 'something'. It sounds like a Quest, but actually seems not to be. It's just a supposed mechical event for the activation of that portal… which was ALREADY working anyways!

MM6 MECHANICS? MINIMAPS: WHITE DOTS AND WHITE SQUARES VANISHING on re-entering and such.
One interesting feature I've discovered playing MM8, is that those White Dots which appear in the Minimap (Region Maps) when you press Spacebar (don't know why LMB click doesn't make them appear though) to interact with certain elements of the maps (e.g., Tree, Buoy), is that the presence of uncovered White Dots in the Minimaps can be used as the first sign that a Region Map has Reset — because, at least in MM8, they are show persistantly until the Region Map Resets. In MM6, though, I've realized there are White Dots (Map Regions) and somethin that might be 'largely scaled White Dots' or just big White Squares that show in the Minimap (Dungeon Maps); in MM6, those elements of the Minimap disappear immediatly if you even leave and re-enter a Dungeon Map or a Region Map; making somehow your past cartographic exploration a bit deceiving. I don't know if this was on purpose or a bug, but certainly they've eventually changed this behavior on the later games (which I believe was a good improvement on the engine).
Another thing I was considering, was the remote possibility that those White Dots/Squares weren't, after all, supposed to be shown automatically by a Wizard Eye cast on Master Level, which allows the 'obscure' feature of "show points of interest". Many doubts.

Edit 2:

SILVER COVE: Monolith; Monolith defacing
When interacting with the altar, defacing the monolith, it tells it gives +5 Personality Permanent to all Druids and Clerics. My party had both Druid and Cleric, and both portraits showed the sprinkle animation, so it should mean apparently that both of them should take the benefit; however, I have checked and rechecked, but only my Druid character received the Stats benefit, not the Cleric character. Maybe it happened because my Cleric by that time was already promoted to something else than a Cleric: a High Priest; while my Druid I think was still just a Druid at that moment. It looks like a bug, though. Or, if not, does that mean that Great Druids, Arch Druids, Priests and High Priests won't get the benefit?

SILVER COVER: Warlord fortress; bed glitch
There is a room (I think is in the northwestern area of the dungeon) with a nice bed with a 'roof', where if you jump (maybe need Jump spell) to see what's on top of the 'roof', and try to get towards it, you get glitched, though not really stucked.

FREE HAVEN: The Sewers; light glitch
The far northwestern area, I guess concerning where the Prince of Thieves can be found under his bed, is an area when, before even entering that room (leaving the dirty sewer waters), the lighting around you kind start changing of brightness, depending on the compass angle your party is looking in direction to; so turning around just a bit sometimes make the glitch evident. I have no clear memory on this issue; perhaps it's something new or rare? Don't know what's going on.

Yes… that's what I've found for MM6.
Thanks, GrayFace and many other collaborators, for maintaining and improving these Patches and features!
Good Luck.
Last edited by Kinox on 15 Apr 2020, 16:42, edited 8 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Apr 2020, 05:35

Kinox wrote:BLACKSHIRE, Lair of the Wolf: Ghost NPC chat non-synchronized 'magic sprinkle'
The sprinkle sound effect and animation seem to be weirdly separated; for example, the sprinkle animation appears anwyays when you go talk/retalk to the NPC, but with no sound (or it is after closing the chat?); eventually, if you click on the chat for the Pearl of Purity, THEN you'll find the sprinkle sound, but now without the sprinkle animation.
I can't reproduce. Can you record it?
Kinox wrote: ARENA: rushing NPC speech
When you pick your challenge level, the text that appears fastly vanishes without even clicking nor having time to read it properly; and you are rapidly thrown in the middle of the battle. The text should stop the game normally I guess.
I remember it being "wait while I summon the monsters".
Kinox wrote: TEXTES/SPEECHES language errors
Some are easier to spot; but, are these being fixed in the Patches, by chance? (Ah! I remember the "Minotuars" in MM8 Promotion Quest NPC :D).
Yes, if someone does the fixes, I'll include them.
Kinox wrote: MM6 mixed order of NPC Portraits in Houses
It should be by design the way the game creators let things be; but it's a bit strange the fact that, in the first Houses, at New Sorpigal for instance, we see that professional/adult NPCs appear before (on top) of the child NPCs. Then, in towns like Free Haven, at some Houses this order happen to be inverted; which is a bit odd; because sometimes you are really looking for the 'professional' NPC and you expect him/her to be at the top for previous observed habit, and maybe, also for being the parent/responsible in the House (but who who knows what to expect of a fantasy world!).
It can't be controlled. It matches the order in which NPCs are in npcdata.txt and changing that would break a ton of things.
Kinox wrote:MM6 MECHANICS? MINIMAPS: WHITE DOTS AND WHITE SQUARES VANISHING on re-entering and such.
MM6 doesn't save sprite characteristics.
Kinox wrote: SILVER COVE: Monolith; Monolith defacing
When interacting with the altar, defacing the monolith, it tells it gives +5 Personality Permanent to all Druids and Clerics. My party had both Druid and Cleric, and both portraits showed the sprinkle animation, so it should mean apparently that both of them should take the benefit; however, I have checked and rechecked, but only my Druid character received the Stats benefit, not the Cleric character. Maybe it happened because my Cleric by that time was already promoted to something else than a Cleric: a High Priest; while my Druid I think was still just a Druid at that moment. It looks like a bug, though. Or, if not, does that mean that Great Druids, Arch Druids, Priests and High Priests won't get the benefit?
Yes, it only works for unpromoted ones. Needs fixing though.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Apr 2020, 06:11

tomchen1989 wrote:So I have this lua script to make Esc work:
mem.nop(0x457B9D, 2)

It'd be better to put this fix into the next version of the patch.
Definitely.
tomchen1989 wrote:Ah indeed we are not talking about the same teleporter. I'm talking about a buggy teleporter in the Memory Crystal Beta room (12), while you are talking about "9. Teleport Room (need Teleport Key)" in this map:
http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... html#iw_ca
I don't see a teleporter in the Memory Crystal Beta room at all. It's just a pedestal for another memory crystal. Why would it teleport player to the entrance?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 26 Apr 2020, 15:31

GrayFace wrote:
Kinox wrote:BLACKSHIRE, Lair of the Wolf: Ghost NPC chat non-synchronized 'magic sprinkle'
I can't reproduce. Can you record it?
Yes, that's feasible. I'll need some days though; technical issues.
GrayFace wrote:
Kinox wrote: ARENA: rushing NPC speech
I remember it being "wait while I summon the monsters".
I was able to take a screenshot at the right instant. It says: "Please wait until I summon the monsters. Good luck."
Does this (supposed) bug has any relation with the auto-vanishing speech in MM8, on Simon Templar's recruiting in the Temple of the Snake?
Or would that (Arena speech issue in MM6) be more likely a wrong clock timing set because we're playing and older game on a more advanced hardware/software?
GrayFace wrote:
Kinox wrote: TEXTES/SPEECHES language errors
Yes, if someone does the fixes, I'll include them.
That's interesting. Is there a guide for this? I guess I can fix some of those on extra time; if it doesn't require hyper-savvyness.
GrayFace wrote:
Kinox wrote:MM6 MECHANICS? MINIMAPS: WHITE DOTS AND WHITE SQUARES VANISHING on re-entering and such.
MM6 doesn't save sprite characteristics.
Does that mean that other graphics (well, sprites), are affected in MM6 in the same way as the White Dots/Squares? (even Loading make them vanish I've tested) I can't figure out what behaves, exactly, equivalently.

Anyways, that's intriguing. Well, at least with the development of Mods, like MMMerge, by using the more advanced engine version, this has the possibility of working differently in the World of Enroth.
Last edited by Kinox on 26 Apr 2020, 15:37, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”