GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Postby thrakk » Aug 16 2017, 4:01

Anubis wrote:
The fountain gives the character 10 magic resistance points permanently and eradicates him at the character's first drink.
After that, it just eradicates him when he drink it.

Indeed. What he is saying, though, is that by the time he drinks from the fountain at Kriegspire, he doesn't get the +10 magic resistance. He's wondering if it's unusable after a certain point in the game, whether it be to skills, stats, time, whatever.

Bug in the original game IIRC. Somewhere in this thread I mention that there are two permanent attribute wells in this game for which you cannot receive a bonus if you already received a bonus from the other well. The wells mistakenly use a same variable in the game code... I found that section of code once and sent it to grayface.
Last edited by thrakk on Aug 16 2017, 4:03, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Aug 16 2017, 21:48

thrakk wrote:Bug in the original game IIRC. Somewhere in this thread I mention that there are two permanent attribute wells in this game for which you cannot receive a bonus if you already received a bonus from the other well

Where is the other well? Is it the one in Blackshire east of town and past the Temple of the Snake? I've been doing my own playthrough (Four knights) and the fountain @ Kriegspire w/ +10 Magic Res worked for me. Got nothing from the Blackshire fountain though.

Also, there's a discrepancy with my 4x knight party. Three of my knights have 57 Might (base)...but my fourth knight only has 52 might. I've been distributing the points equally from stat barrels too, so I'm not sure what happened there. The only +5 perma-might fountain I know of is in White Cap, and I sure didn't give an Intellect potion to my fourth knight, or whatever stat potion subtracts might.

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Aug 18 2017, 7:38

[Removed]
Last edited by Anubis on Sep 4 2017, 7:31, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Sep 4 2017, 7:26

The Monolith - My Arch Druid, with 196 personality, touched the "Evil Altar". The message, "+5 Personality granted to Druids and Clerics" appears, but nothing is given.

Vokial the Vampire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Vokial the Vampire » Sep 5 2017, 13:34

The horseman NPC still doesn't work while the sailor cannot fasten my stable travelling any more ,which seems to be uncomfortable when travelling to darkmoor(especially) and places beyond gate master's control in the first few weeks.
Also ,though the original MM6 works pretty well ,when running the TCC mod ,there is some trouble recieving the quest from seer ,there are only three "Greetings" instead of difficultie options .

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Sep 6 2017, 18:20

@Vokial
What do you mean? The horseman NPC works for me. The effect of the horseman only applies when travelling via stables. As for the sailor, that hireling effect only applies when travelling by boat.

Stable hirelings: Horseman, Explorer
Boat hirelings: Sailor, Pirate, Explorer, Navigator
Map-crossing hirelings: Guide, Pathfinder, Tracker

Vokial the Vampire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Vokial the Vampire » Sep 7 2017, 16:46

Anubis wrote:@Vokial
What do you mean? The horseman NPC works for me. The effect of the horseman only applies when travelling via stables. As for the sailor, that hireling effect only applies when travelling by boat.

There's a bug in 1.0 version ,horseman cannot help with my stable travelling ,while sailor can ,which means sailor is available for both land and sea .After Grayface's attention ,sailors stopped providing this volunteer service .However ,he forgot to tell the horseman back to work :)

tomchen1989
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby tomchen1989 » Sep 7 2017, 22:12

Vokial the Vampire wrote:
Anubis wrote:@Vokial

There's a bug in 1.0 version ,horseman cannot help with my stable travelling ,while sailor can ,which means sailor is available for both land and sea .After Grayface's attention ,sailors stopped providing this volunteer service .However ,he forgot to tell the horseman back to work :)

Both horseman and sailor bugs are fixed in official v1.1 patch. Check it again
Last edited by tomchen1989 on Sep 7 2017, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Sep 8 2017, 18:14

Also ,though the original MM6 works pretty well ,when running the TCC mod ,there is some trouble recieving the quest from seer ,there are only three "Greetings" instead of difficultie options .

You may have inadvertently installed the entirety of GrayFace's mod over TCC (the Chaos Conspiracy) files which definitely messes TCC mod up. During the installation of GrayFace's patch, there is a warning where the user has the option to 'unselect' part of the installation when installing over a big mod, such as TCC.

In my opinion, the best way to install TCC: Fresh install of MM6 (v1.1 patch) > TCC files > GrayFace's patch. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to install GrayFace's patch before installing TCC. I could be wrong!

Anubis
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Anubis » Sep 10 2017, 8:18

Both horseman and sailor bugs are fixed in official v1.1 patch

How would one even upgrade to the official v1.1 patch?
Never mind. I guess GrayFace's patch includes the official v1.1 patches. That's good to know!
Last edited by Anubis on Sep 11 2017, 9:21, edited 1 time in total.

tomchen1989
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby tomchen1989 » Sep 12 2017, 11:17

Yes. 3DO/NWC has released two patches, 1.1 and 1.2, which are all included in Mok's and Grayface's patches.

GOG version is v1.2 + MP3 background music + one fix made by Mok (I don't remember which)

Simplified Chinese version is v1.0 and cannot apply official 1.1, 1.2, Mok's or Grayface's patch (that's why Vokial the Vampire talked about v1.0 which he compared with Grayface version)

Return to “Might and Magic”