GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Jul 2011, 12:43

Rune_Caster wrote:Divine Intervention does not work at Dusk (5 - 6 PM) but works at Dawn. (5 AM - 6 AM)
Divine Intervention wrote:
Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, you may call upon the heavens to heal your characters of all damage, restore your spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention. Recovery from this spell is shortend with skill in Light Magic.
For the evening, the period you can use it is actually from 8 PM to 9PM. Try it.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 24 Jul 2011, 20:18

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
Rune_Caster wrote:Divine Intervention does not work at Dusk (5 - 6 PM) but works at Dawn. (5 AM - 6 AM)
Divine Intervention wrote:
Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, you may call upon the heavens to heal your characters of all damage, restore your spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention. Recovery from this spell is shortend with skill in Light Magic.
For the evening, the period you can use it is actually from 8 PM to 9PM. Try it.
That is weird, 8 to 9 the sun has gone down in the game, there is no hint of sunlight at that time in the game. Yet you are correct Divine Intervention only works 8 to 9 PM and 5 to 6 AM

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

I was bored, waiting till morning...

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 25 Jul 2011, 03:27

I was in freehaven in the middle of the night, waiting for morning so I was messing around using attack spells such as Fireball and Incinerate on Peasants. Is it normal to be able to knock a Peasant's corpse half way across the map with a single spell attack?

Or perhaps the damage done has an effect on knock back?

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 25 Jul 2011, 03:31

I've been making corpses of all kinds of enemies go sailing across the ground since 1.11 was released. I figured it was some kind of realism feature (objects in motion stay in motion).

I personally like it, but I can see where it could be annoying (a few have crossed map edge boundaries...).

Edit: I should mention that I can do this with even physical attacks, not just spells like Fireball.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 25 Jul 2011, 04:46

I was fighting the Gold dragon in the Temple of the Snake, a couple of my attacks and Incinerate seemed to knock him back quite a bit.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 26 Jul 2011, 03:35

Here is a new one, Paralyzed targets do not take damage from Fireball and Rock Blast, however melee attacks, missle attacks, elemental damage , "of Carnage" enchantment and direct attack spells do do damage.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Jul 2011, 00:30

I can't reproduce the sailing corpses bug, but I think I know what the cause is.
Rune_Caster wrote:Here is a new one, Paralyzed targets do not take damage from Fireball and Rock Blast
Added to the list :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 27 Jul 2011, 01:24

Just out of curiosity (and to make sure I'm not going crazier than I already am), when your Reputation gets high enough, you'll wind up losing huge amounts of it every time you rest, right? I managed to get my Rep to 1600 but had to rest in order to do some serious selling, and wound up losing 100 Rep in one night.

This is expected behavior, correct?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Jul 2011, 06:04

AFAIR, you lose 1% of your Rep each time a day passes.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Jul 2011, 10:58

IIRC, training grounds and taverns don't reduce reputation, though they are just special kind of rest.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Jul 2011, 17:00

I think resting in taverns does reduce it...

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 27 Jul 2011, 19:02

It does, but if it's just 1% for resting for a day at an inn (or using the Rest 8 Hours button), then in what world is 1% of 1600, 100? At worst I should have lost 16 or 17 after that, but instead I went straight to 1500 Rep.

Weird? It sure sounds like it. You don't lose rep when training, crossing map boundries to move to the next map, or traveling via coach or ship, but you do when resting for 8 hours from the rest menu, or from resting at an inn/tavern. I shuld also mention that you don't lose any by waiting 5 minutes or 1 hour, though I haven't tested waiting until dawn (only so many uses for that one).

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 28 Jul 2011, 00:41

Never experienced problems with reputation, I didn't remember that I couldn't get Saint or Notorious.
IIRC, you can monthly raise your reputation in Town Halls.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 29 Jul 2011, 10:50

Strange all the Energy Drakes re-spawned in Kriegspire after I exited the Caves of the Dragon Riders. But none of the chests in the region respawned and only the Energy Drakes respawned. It is only March 28 1165 and it should take 8 months for the area to re-spawn. (the Energy Drakes to the North around where the chest is in the snow)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Jul 2011, 11:11

Rune_Caster wrote:Strange all the Energy Drakes re-spawned in Kriegspire after I exited the Caves of the Dragon Riders. But none of the chests in the region respawned and only the Energy Drakes respawned. It is only March 28 1165 and it should take 8 months for the area to re-spawn. (the Energy Drakes to the North around where the chest is in the snow)
Stop drinking from the fountain! :P

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed - enough 1's in the version there, GrayFace? :D

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Agar's Laboratory

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Jul 2011, 03:08

After the first down elevator the Room on the left side with the Flying Eyes, Terrible Eyes and Maddening Eyes that appear under the floor after you press the button in the room. Very buggy, game crashes after loading the game 3 times in the area of the room, reloading several times then entering the room makes the game crash too. Game does not crash playing the official patched might and magic VI version of the game, I tested it with a new install.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Jul 2011, 08:16

What room are you talking about?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Jul 2011, 09:26

GreatEmerald wrote:EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed - enough 1's in the version there, GrayFace? :D
I should have written [July 24 2011] in the topic for more 1-ness.
Rune_Caster wrote:After the first down elevator the Room on the left side with the Flying Eyes, Terrible Eyes and Maddening Eyes that appear under the floor after you press the button in the room. Very buggy, game crashes after loading the game 3 times in the area of the room, reloading several times then entering the room makes the game crash too. Game does not crash playing the official patched might and magic VI version of the game, I tested it with a new install.
Interesting. Send me the ErrorLog.txt. That's in Agar's Lab, right?

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Jul 2011, 09:27

GreatEmerald wrote:What room are you talking about?
This Room

Glublock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

GrayFace MM6 Patch v1.2?

Unread postby Glublock » 30 Jul 2011, 13:06

Wow, you guys are still fixing stuff for this game? That's awesome!

I have a question tho'. I was setting up the game for another play trough, and I came across this resolution mod. I tried installing it, but with no luck, then again I don't have v1.2 of this patch which it claims to require. I tried searching but with no luck.

what I am asking is if v1.2 is available anywhere, so I could try getting this to work. (Other help regarding the resolution mod is also appreciated)

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Might and Magic”