GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2011, 21:21

All saves were always preserved, from what I can tell. Either way, you can always back them up just to be on the safe side.

Also, go post some new videos, it's been too long already :D

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 21 Jul 2011, 22:33

Oh good; maybe I'll go ahead and upgrade, then.

What's bad is that I've got five vids from over a month ago that I've been too lazy to actually upload... >_>

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 22 Jul 2011, 01:15

thanks for the update GrayFace :D

keyboard turn is very fast, I'll probably turn it down a bit.

double speed mode is insane

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 22 Jul 2011, 01:41

I spent a good hour or two on the internet trying to figure out how to patch mm6 so that I can program a different button (other than ESC) to exit out of places, menu screens and conversations. Apparently this is much trickier than just changing the escape key under the controls menu in the .ini file. Additionally, programming 'right mouse click' to be the exit key that I want would be even trickier.

I can tell that GrayFace does a lot of hard work on these patches

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 22 Jul 2011, 02:19

Okay, so I installed it and tried it out... I was hoping that it would increase the speed of strafing to be like normal walking/running, but so far it behaves like before...

I don't know if it's supposed to be a bug or a feature that I can turn off, but I can no longer target an enemy that is further away using arrows; if I click on an enemy that I'm still in range to hit, or even just hover my cursor over it and hit 'A' it autotargets the closest enemy instead. It's rather aggravating, since there is often times enemies that are more dangerous or more injured that are further out that I'd rather shoot but can't because another enemy is now closer. I should mention that targeted spells are unaffected; I can still target whomever I want with a Fireball.

Hope this helps.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 22 Jul 2011, 09:51

About all I tested is to see if the music loops or not...

I just tested clicking on a target, Might and Magic 6 ignores your target and always attacks the closest enemy. Great now I won't be able to target out very dangerous enemies like Harpy Witches, Evil Spirits and Spectors.

So grayface is the a way to disable to autotargeting or change it so it only autotargets when the Attack or Shoot keys are pressed?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Jul 2011, 10:06

Does the targeting work when you simply use your mouse instead of the keyboard?

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 22 Jul 2011, 11:12

As we both said, clicking on a target still auto targets the closest enemy, regardless of who you actually clicked on. Opening the spellbook and picking a spell where you select the target will work without issue, though I haven't tested setting a missile spell to Quickspell and hovering over a target while hitting 'S', nor have I taken the time to test wands for what they might do.

Base game behavior, in comparison, will target whoever you click on as well as anyone you are hovering over while hitting the 'A' or 'S' keys, and would only auto target the nearest enemy if you weren't hovering over any NPC (friendly or hostile).

I guess I won't be recording any more until I either roll back to version 1.10, or a fix gets released. >_>

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Jul 2011, 13:55

Huh, that definitely sounds like a bug to me.

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 23 Jul 2011, 00:12

As a proof of concept, here is a video that showcases the bug, plus a bunch of other nonsense while I was talking with Alkaid about the bug and a whole lot of nothing else.

Wands and Quickspells also auto target the closest enemy, like melee and bow attacks. Spells cast from the spellbook that give you the crosshairs to target with still act like normal.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 23 Jul 2011, 09:02

MaxKnight to remove your quick spell, click on the picture in the top right corner of your spell book. (The picture for the school to the left of Stun, Awaken, Wizards Eye, Torch Light, Cure Weakness, Meditation, Spirit Arrow, Reanimate and Create Food spells)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jul 2011, 12:59

From what I can remember, targeting something out of your firing range automatically means that it starts autotargeting, even in the unpatched game. Which might be what is causing the problem - perhaps the game thinks that everything is out of your range and starts autotargeting. I wonder, what happens when you're in melee range?

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 23 Jul 2011, 14:11

Rune_Caster wrote:MaxKnight to remove your quick spell, click on the picture in the top right corner of your spell book. (The picture for the school to the left of Stun, Awaken, Wizards Eye, Torch Light, Cure Weakness, Meditation, Spirit Arrow, Reanimate and Create Food spells)
Okay, now THAT is useful information!

Actually,I've targeted things outside my actual range in the past and all it did was either try to hi the target anyways or fire straight forward. I can't really figure any of this out...

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 23 Jul 2011, 15:33

Well for the time being stick with Grayface patch 1.10 that bug out weighs any fixes he made including music looping (which is actually pretty nice), yeah an "out of range" error for spells would be nice...

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 23 Jul 2011, 17:45

I can't remember if this was the behavior in the original game or if this somehow changed/a bug with 1.11 as well, but my archer is the only one of my characters with Expert Bow so far, and sometimes she fires two arrows at once instead of just one; none of the others ever do this. I though the "fire two arrows at once" thing was a part of Master Bow, so seeing it at Expert is a little odd...

I will agree that working looping music is pretty nice, though.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jul 2011, 18:57

Two arrows as in one higher and one lower? That's definitely Master-only. So that's really odd.

And hmm, I'll have to check if that fixes the music looping problem for me as well. Right now the music skips for me, and that makes playing the game kind of irritating...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Jul 2011, 19:11

Version 1.11.1 is up.
The bug was in my Starburst and Meteor Shower range fix.
MaxKnight wrote:Okay, so I installed it and tried it out... I was hoping that it would increase the speed of strafing to be like normal walking/running, but so far it behaves like before...
The speed is the same, but strafing was buggy in Wine before. In MM7 and MM8 it was buggy in Windows too.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 23 Jul 2011, 20:05

GrayFace wrote:The speed is the same, but strafing was buggy in Wine before. In MM7 and MM8 it was buggy in Windows too.
Ah, didn't realize. Strafing has always been too slow on all three games to actually be useful, at least to me. Oh well, I never used it before, so I haven't actually lost anything here.
GrayFace wrote:Version 1.11.1 is up.
The bug was in my Starburst and Meteor Shower range fix.
This is cool; I'll test it post haste.

Edit: Works fine. I'd've got it done sooner, but I had a pizza to eat while watching a playthrough of Lunatic Subterranean Animism. >_>

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Jul 2011, 02:14

GrayFace wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Huh? :|
I played with the previously latest patch extensively, and only "Of The Dragon" enchantment ignored resistance...

For instance, weapons with "Of Poison" enchantments didn't harm Oozes at all.
All such enchants ignored resistance and just decreased monster health by the given amount. I don't remember the last time I fought with Oozes and whether I used Poison weapons though.
My bad!
Just made a proper test with v1.10 again, you are right, all elemental enchantments pierced right through immunities.

Weapons "of poison/acid/venom" dealt full damage to Oozes, just tried it!

Made the same tests with V1.11, works fine

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 24 Jul 2011, 10:47

Divine Intervention does not work at Dusk (5 - 6 PM) but works at Dawn. (5 AM - 6 AM)
Divine Intervention wrote:
Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, you may call upon the heavens to heal your characters of all damage, restore your spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention. Recovery from this spell is shortend with skill in Light Magic.

Return to “Might and Magic”