GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Mar 2011, 21:05

Rune_Caster wrote:Is this the same unpatched?
Yes, it is.
Moreover, it takes 15 days to walk from the Castle Ironfist to the Hermit Isle (not taking fighting into account), while Queen Katerine delivers you 21 days. (Really you can just TP to Blackshire and walk there in 5 days).

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 25 Mar 2011, 23:19

Just installed might and magic 6 again after a long time and came across this mod, it seems great.
I have a couple of questions I couldn't figure out myself.

1. Is it possible to hide the mouse cursor when mouselook is enabled, I don't like it sitting in the middle of the screen all the time.

2. Can I change the toggle keys for alwaysrun and mouselook, I dislike having them on caps lock, and on the same key.

Thanks

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 26 Mar 2011, 18:29

Irq wrote:2. Can I change the toggle keys for alwaysrun and mouselook, I dislike having them on caps lock, and on the same key.
You might be able to reasign the CapsLock ToggleRun Key using grayface's MM6Controls. Not sure... I don't use mouse look...

I did make slight changes to the key layout because my keyboard does not have the insert key in the Home, End, Delete, PgUp and PgDn group changing PgDn to Home, Insert to PgDn so that Home/Delete control look up and down, PgUp/PgDn control flight controls and the lone insert key will stop flying. (which I always hit the PgDn thinking this would make my party fly down - but it drops my party... lol)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 26 Mar 2011, 18:46

I think that the configuration of that key is in mm6.ini.

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 26 Mar 2011, 19:25

I don't think I can change the caps lock key with that, and even if I can mouse look and always run is still on the same key.

I don't necessarily need to have a key to toggle autorun though, but I'm still hoping to find a way to hide the cursor during mouselook.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 26 Mar 2011, 20:09

That was also discussed somewhere in the GrayFace's threads and should be doable (IIRC the cursor in the middle actually doesn't even exist - it's statically drawn there).

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Mar 2011, 05:31

Yes, it would be nice to remap MouseLook toggle to something like ScrollLock key.

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 27 Mar 2011, 10:50

GreatEmerald wrote:That was also discussed somewhere in the GrayFace's threads and should be doable (IIRC the cursor in the middle actually doesn't even exist - it's statically drawn there).
I think I saw the discussion about the cursor that you're mentioning, however I did not see a solution.
tolich wrote:Yes, it would be nice to remap MouseLook toggle to something like ScrollLock key.
My ScrollLock key is on Fn+NumLock, so that wouldn't be that great either. Best option would be just to make it a toggle that can be bound to any key.

EDIT:
I found some talk about the cursor in a MM7 thread, I don't know if he actually implemented it though, and if he implemented it in MM6.
Thread

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 02 May 2011, 19:31

Pressing F4 when in 16 bit color mode doesn't seem to put the game in a window anymore. I am not sure if this is a problem in the patch or not... (it minimizes the game and the music plays but I can't bring the window up)

edit seems like it was because my N-View was doing something funky and wasn't displaying it...

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Training Costs (with out merchant skill)

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 03 May 2011, 20:06

(As far as level limits go I am going by what the offical mm6 guide book says)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Jul 2011, 11:53

The new version is up. My mouse look setup has also changed.

Note to those who got WIP version of the patch:
Check Data\MouseLookCursor.bmp prior to installing the patch. If it's there, delete it and then install the patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 21 Jul 2011, 05:47

I just tried to play the game with the newest patch... also tried to load it after installing a new copy in Windows Xp.

Anyone else have this problem?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2011, 05:49

Rune_Caster wrote:I just tried to play the game with the newest patch... also tried to load it after installing a new copy in Windows Xp.

Anyone else have this problem?
The problem of trying to play the game? :P

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 21 Jul 2011, 06:03

It seems to have fixed it's self... I checked dxdiag.exe and ran a few tests on DirectDraw and Direct3D to see if everything was working right, logged off my user name and back on (clears the memory up), checked to see if hardware acceleration was set to full...

even changed some video card options... very strange... I sent grayface the error logs lol

Edit - Or perhaps not, I got an error after the game crashed and had to reinstall grayface's patch lol

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 21 Jul 2011, 12:04

>>>>> [-] Weapon enchants don't ignore resistances anymore.

Huh? :|
I played with the previously latest patch extensively, and only "Of The Dragon" enchantment ignored resistance...

For instance, weapons with "Of Poison" enchantments didn't harm Oozes at all (which means it worked properly)
Last edited by UndeadHalfOrc on 23 Jul 2011, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 21 Jul 2011, 12:44

How about stoned monsters? Don't they recieve damage from an enchanted weapon?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jul 2011, 14:04

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Huh? :|
I played with the previously latest patch extensively, and only "Of The Dragon" enchantment ignored resistance...

For instance, weapons with "Of Poison" enchantments didn't harm Oozes at all.
All such enchants ignored resistance and just decreased monster health by the given amount. I don't remember the last time I fought with Oozes and whether I used Poison weapons though.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 21 Jul 2011, 16:05

Oozes, Acidic Oozes and Corrosive Oozes are Immune to both Magical damage and poison damage. However it says (N) to Fire, Electrical. Cold and Physical... I wonder if this is a typo?
Says it in Prima's Offical Strategy Guide...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2011, 16:35

Must be, because they are most definitely immune to physical attacks. Though I guess it would make sense if they were immune to poison (after all, they're liquids by themselves and can spray poisonous clouds). But then it would mean it worked fine before anyway.

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 21 Jul 2011, 21:03

Just to make sure, if I were to decide to upgrade from 1.10 to 1.11, will that interfere with any games I have in progress (resuming previous save)? I'd hate to have to scrap my current progress on my LP (which is still in progress, believe it or not)...

Return to “Might and Magic”