GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Aug 2010, 16:10

Rune_Caster wrote:So have you noticed enemies don't take damage when fire Archers cast fireball when they are in close quarters combat?
No, since I always play in turn-based mode and archers don't have any interest in coming near me once I engage in combat.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Aug 2010, 17:32

I always play in realtime mode and when I fight the archers that appear when you drink from the well in Rockham* I tend to fight them in melee to avoid killing civilians with a misplaced arrow shot. I'm sure they do alot more than just 1-2 damage when they hit with a fireball. I usually just walk back and forth so that only the fireball from the one I'm fighting at that exact moment will hit me and the others will miss because otherwise you die way too quickly from the fireballs.

The other spells I'll believe you, I can't think of enemies that cast them and are an actual threat, but the fireball certainly does more than 1-2 damage.

*Rockham is the village northwest of Free Haven. You might have thought it was part of Free Haven but it's actually a seperate village: the road sign between the two reads: "West: Rockham, East: Free Haven".
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 29 Aug 2010, 21:30

Macros the Black wrote:the fireball.
Again, it depends on the caster and his victim.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Why not try going to free haven at level 1?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 30 Aug 2010, 13:35

Find a group of Archers with Fire Archers I am sure their fire balls will do more then 1-2 damage to everyone... I remember having a pickle of a time because of those fire archers fight them for a while, get a few people reduced to critical and retreat and heal again...

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

[-] Inactive characters could use scrolls.

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 22 Oct 2010, 15:30

Grayface, is there a way to turn this option off? even if the inactive character uses the scroll in turn based mode, they still used their turn in the end...

The game does not prevent inactive characters from using a potion on another character.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 22 Oct 2010, 23:06

Okay, after some more testing it turns out I was wrong about many things.

The reason is that I toyed around with monsters.txt changing the values of monster's spells level (The column with "Fireball, 4M" etc.), giving new spells to monsters who aren't meant to have them.
I came to the concusion that these spell levels are NOT read from the file - they are hardcoded. So it's mostly pointless to toy around with this. Making Devil Captain' Fireball spell stronger, for instance, it impossible. You're better off changing their basic elemental projectile attacks' damage: changing those work just fine.

So giving fireball to some monsters who aren't meant to use any spells will make it very, very weak no matter what you set it to. Giving it to Minotaur Mages (who by default use a very strong lightning bolt) will make it a very strong fireball. Understand the catch here?

BTW Venomous hydras not firing any poisonous projectiles can be fixed by inverting the positions of their melee attack with the poison projectile attack (and set the melee attack to a higher % to compensate)

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 23 Oct 2010, 01:10

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Okay, after some more testing it turns out I was wrong about many things.

The reason is that I toyed around with monsters.txt changing the values of monster's spells level
So do you think it might be possible to make a npcs.txt file to influence how often some npc types are spawned, like useless npc types that don't serve a purpose in helping the party in one way or another and set the chances an npc will back talk you (which forces me to kill them and reload the game again)

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Here is a new bug I think...

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 24 Oct 2010, 18:13

If you have extra Life/Mana (more then maximum) and life or mana regeneration, as soon as you gain mana your mana will drop down to the maxumum amount.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Re: Here is a new bug I think...

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 25 Oct 2010, 01:43

Rune_Caster wrote:If you have extra Life/Mana (more then maximum) and life or mana regeneration, as soon as you gain mana your mana will drop down to the maxumum amount.
That bug has been present since 1.0 I believe. The simplest solution is to unequip regeneration items before you gulp down those black potions.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Oct 2010, 11:15

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
Rune_Caster wrote:If you have extra Life/Mana (more then maximum) and life or mana regeneration, as soon as you gain mana your mana will drop down to the maxumum amount.
That bug has been present since 1.0 I believe. The simplest solution is to unequip regeneration items before you gulp down those black potions.
Try unequipping the Regeneration spell ;|

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 25 Oct 2010, 13:27

Well actually I don't have any black potions of Divine Power or Divine Cure I was just passing around a Rings with + 12 Mp plus some other pieces of equipment that boosted my max mana and drinking from a mana fountain.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 26 Oct 2010, 01:35

GreatEmerald wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
Try unequipping the Regeneration spell ;|
This is a MM6 thread, no regeneration spell in this game

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 26 Oct 2010, 08:35

Oh, I totally missed that. My bad.

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 31 Oct 2010, 22:23

I can't download 1.10 :( . I keep clicking on the link, but nothing happens.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Did you goto Sergey Rozhenko aka GrayFace Homepage

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 31 Oct 2010, 23:10

https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm

I just checked the link, did a message pop up that your explorer had blocked the file download?

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 31 Oct 2010, 23:20

I clicked on the link and found that it does work after all :). I don't know what happened to be honest.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 31 Oct 2010, 23:22

Could have been a server error, perhaps google was really busy atm?

But at least you found what your looking for...

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 19 Nov 2010, 23:46

Hey here's an idea!
How about adding USB joystick support?

Here's an example for buttons fpr my gravis gamepad:

red button for attack
yellow button for quickspell
blue button for spacebar (get stuff, use levers, open doors)
green button to hop
start button to switch between run and walk
select button to switch between real time and turn based mode
L1 & R1 to strafe
L2 & R2 to look up and down

Keyboard and mouse would still be needed, but straight up monster bashing sure would be fun using a gamepad.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Nov 2010, 10:11

There is a program that can do that, AFAIR, JoyToKey.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 21 Nov 2010, 12:56

GrayFace wrote:There is a program that can do that, AFAIR, JoyToKey.
Awesome suggestion - I have it now installed and it works perfectly.
I needed to set all action commands (space, A, S, X) to auto repeat though ( I put it all the way to the max and it works fine) otherwise, keeping the red button pressed attacked only once.

FInally, after playing with it a bit, I decided to remove those 5 commands from my 10-button joystick because I didn't use them enough: look up and down, strafe left and right, and Enter(Turn Based mode).

Instead, I assigned character 1-2-3-4 to L1-L2-R2-R1 buttons respectively, and assigned Escape to my select button.
This was necessary, as Escape is used constantly to escape menu from talking to peasants, exit menu screens etc, and the character numbers were needed to point targets for Heal spells.

Perfect!

Return to “Might and Magic”