GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Jun 2009, 23:25

Gay Lord wrote:Where do I get the mp3s for this? I've looked on my install and play CDs as well as the game files, and I don't see anything. All I have is an audio.snd file. Am I supposed to extract them somehow? What tool would I use for that?
Put the cd in the drive. Go to My Computer. Right-click the cd drive, and choose "play". NOT "automatically play" but just "play". It should play the cd with windows media player. From there, go to "rip cd" (it's an option of the media player) and rip the music files to your computer.
Also, does anybody know how I can get the mm6 icon? I'd like to recolor it and use it as folder icons, any help would be appreciated.
Just use the print-screen button on your keyboard... Actually I'm kinda surprised I can't find the image file, usually it's in the game's folder.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 26 Jun 2009, 23:49

Thank you Macros! I hadn't even noticed that the Media Player had that option.

As for the icon, it seems that older games (even older than MM6) usually have a separate ICO file, but newer games seem to merge it inside the EXE. I was hoping maybe somebody had it, but I'll admit I never thought of trying a print-screen for a rough copy.

You truly are a font of wisdom Macros, Milamber was right about you. :)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Jun 2009, 15:38

No problem :)
You truly are a font of wisdom Macros, Milamber was right about you.
Gadhis, give the man a cookie :D
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 28 Jun 2009, 02:25

I have another question. After installing this patch, my firewall has started alerting me about MM6.

Is there a reason why it wants to access the net?

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 28 Jun 2009, 10:22

Gay Lord wrote:does anybody know how I can get the mm6 icon?
There's an image viewer called IrfanView that can display just about any image, including icons embedded in exe files. Open the exe in IrfanView and it will let you view all the icons that are embedded - pick the one you want and save it out as an ico file.

In fact don't bother with that - I've just done it and uploaded it to here.

Regards

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 29 Jun 2009, 03:20

Muchos gracias! A file folder shall be named in your honour.

Now I shall see how good my Gimp coloring skills are.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Jun 2009, 19:56

Gay Lord wrote:I have another question. After installing this patch, my firewall has started alerting me about MM6.

Not a clue :/

As for Irfanview, that reminds me of this handy program called Crawler that lets you "steal" other people's msn avatars and smileys :D

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Jul 2009, 07:38

Sergroj, I just started the game with your patch, looks great.

Off topic: do you know a way to extract the whole map from MM6 to use it in a wogified scenario? So far all the maps I found online have text on, and I can't use them as bmp/import in editor.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Jul 2009, 18:30

Gay Lord wrote:I have another question. After installing this patch, my firewall has started alerting me about MM6.

I have no clue too. Patch doesn't do that, the game shouldn't try to do that too I guess.
Salamandre wrote:Off topic: do you know a way to extract the whole map from MM6 to use it in a wogified scenario? So far all the maps I found online have text on, and I can't use them as bmp/import in editor.
Maybe mm8leveleditor can do that.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Jul 2009, 04:06

Anything was changed to Loyd's beacon? I am water master, I set it, then when I want to recall days later, there is no location... how it works?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jul 2009, 04:30

Nope, I didn't do anything to it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 07 Jul 2009, 19:16

Hey Grayface,

Just wanted to say thanks again for making this patch, so nice to have all the patches in one, and I don't have to worry about messing with my disks anymore. You have done us all a big favor.

Otter

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 09 Jul 2009, 20:08

I have a problem: I never played the original game and I started with Sergroj patch. First I used the "change keyboard option" but I wasn't very happy with it so I deleted the options. In game all works fine, but for selecting the characters I can't select on the keyboard on 1-4 numbers but only advancing through the characters using "B".

Thats not harmful, but the following problem occur. Most of time if I mouse click on one of them, it selects it. But from time to time, selecting a character will change his location with the previous highlighted one. This is annoying sometimes, mostly because if the sorcerer changes his location, he forgets all his "Loyd beacons". They are empty afterward. Any ideas?

gibby84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gibby84 » 12 Jul 2009, 01:32

ahhh this, Grayface, is a godsend! I love it and it runs with xp compatability.

I just have one problem: Even before I installed this patch, the game freezes up when loading to a new screen at times. I thought nothing of it because it didn't happen all the time. Now, after I rescued the woman from the Shadow Outpost (at Ironfist) and I go to travel to New Sorpigal my game freezes after it finishes loading to the new zone... every time.
Here's the weird thing though, when I used this: -http://home.mchsi.com/~andy4590/mm6x.zip (from the guide from this site), the game worked fine but it seemed to revert everything back to prior of installation of the patches (such as no auto run, no music, etc.). I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is :S

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jul 2009, 05:25

Have you tried the last save (in which the error is always reproduceble) with mm6x?

gibby84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gibby84 » 12 Jul 2009, 23:35

Yes I have. That's how I was able to get from Ironfist to New Sorpigal (it always crashed on the loading screen before I used the mm6x), but none of the features included from your patches or Mok's take place anymore (ie. I have no music, I walk instead of run, etc. Even if I change the values on the notepad in the mm6 directory, they don't apply).

Also when I reinstall Mok's after I use mm6x it just updates the mm6 .ini (i couldn't find a file like that anywhere, so I'm guessing maybe its embedded with a data file??) and I go back to freezing on the loading screens

gibby84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gibby84 » 12 Jul 2009, 23:47

Ok I just did some more testing and this is what happened:
my two hireling spots were taken up (a blacksmith and Sharry from the Shadow Guild). When I rescued Sharry, these continuous crashes happened. So what I did was applied the mm6x again, took Sharry to the Town Hall in New Sorpigal, turned her in for the quest, quit, and reinstalled your patch.

I start the game up now. All your features seem to be working fine, and I head for Ironfist. When I arrived at the end of zone and entered the loading screen I didn't crash!

So what I'm thinking is that either Sharry made my computer go balistic, or I can't fill up that second hireling slot if I wanna travel outside a zone.

I have a feeling I'm still going to get a crash here and there but autosaves help out a lot, so it's bearable.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Jul 2009, 12:38

I have one suggestion:

It turned out that no matter how much dexterity or might I have, the ranged damage still remains at <30. Even with the best bows. It seems to me somehow weird. Is there a way to improve ranged damage according to dexterity?

More dexterity/accuracy would allow to a ranged attacker to better target sensible organs and kill in one hit no? if might improve melee attack, why not ranged then?

Or it is a bad idea?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Jul 2009, 12:41

Keep the saves on which the crash happens. Try them with this: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/ne ... chTest.rar

gibby84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gibby84 » 13 Jul 2009, 22:37

Salamandre wrote:I have one suggestion:

It turned out that no matter how much dexterity or might I have, the ranged damage still remains at <30. Even with the best bows. It seems to me somehow weird. Is there a way to improve ranged damage according to dexterity?

More dexterity/accuracy would allow to a ranged attacker to better target sensible organs and kill in one hit no? if might improve melee attack, why not ranged then?

Or it is a bad idea?
I'm not very knowledgable on how the might and magic hit system works (seems different than game like Everquest which I used to play), but what you're saying would make sense in a way. Accuracy applies to both melee and range so perhaps you have a bug, or maybe keep on improving the stats?

Also, might just affects hand-to-hand combat.
Grayface wrote:Keep the saves on which the crash happens. Try them with this: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/ne ... chTest.rar
I tried it with the new file, but it still crashes constantly.

Return to “Might and Magic”