M&M 8, what's your favourite race?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Jan 2009, 11:51

Yes, I actually had little choice, but to bring a Vamp to the Prison of the Water Lord, because the floor is all lava. Luckily, by that point, I could recruit Veritas.

I'm currently trying the Knight. She is level 34 right and I just finished the promo quest. She's actually doing quite well so far.

Edit: Oh, and she's actually insane right now and I'm going to leave her that way! Her might endurance and speed are all up and who cares about intelligence and personality. It does not seem like there is a down side.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Jan 2009, 16:34

She can died after few days of insanity (at least so was in MM7).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Jan 2009, 22:27

Avonu wrote:She can died after few days of insanity (at least so was in MM7).
Yep. And, if your character is insane certain other conditions won't show up. So she may also become diseased and you would never know it without looking at the stats screen.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jan 2009, 01:01

Well, I had her like that for weeks and nothing happened to her.

Anyway, she's all fine now.

This is almost a spoiler, but I currently have her equipped with 2 swords. Both arr ..of Darkness. Her hit point bar barely ever drops and then only for a very short time. The damage is not huge, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm also wearing the boots of swiftness.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Jan 2009, 03:40

I don't remember how it is in MM8, but in MM7 having two items that modify the same stat doesn't do anything - in that, only one them works (the one that modifies the most).

Edit: wait, what does of darkness actually do? I was under the assumption it upped Dark skill, but..

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 26 Jan 2009, 07:06

I think it was that darkness reduced recovery time, and acted as vampiric.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Jan 2009, 10:00

Variol wrote:I just tried and and it only does about 150-180 points of damage to 1 creature. I think it was much more powerful in MM6.
I guess it's damage done by one of 7 pieces.
Variol wrote:I just tried and and it only does about 150-180 points of damage to 1 creature. I think it was much more powerful in MM6.
I guess it's damage done by one of 7 pieces.
Macros the Black wrote:
Avonu wrote:She can died after few days of insanity (at least so was in MM7).
Yep. And, if your character is insane certain other conditions won't show up. So she may also become diseased and you would never know it without looking at the stats screen.
Desease and Poison show up. Weakenes and Fear don't. And characters don't die of insanity, they die if they stay without rest more than 3 (AFAIR) days.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jan 2009, 10:49

Yes, it's more about the lack of rest. First, you go insane, then you die.

In this case, with the swords, I think the speed factor is working on both of them. I can see it. The vampiric part is harder to determine and not worth the effort. It is very impressive though.

It will be even better when I GM sword and armsmaster in Regna.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Jan 2009, 13:01

The higher armsmaster skill, the faster recorvery time for weapon. So if you want hit quick and hard then invest in armsmaster skill.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Jan 2009, 22:46

Variol wrote:Yes, it's more about the lack of rest. First, you go insane, then you die.

In this case, with the swords, I think the speed factor is working on both of them. I can see it. The vampiric part is harder to determine and not worth the effort. It is very impressive though.

It will be even better when I GM sword and armsmaster in Regna.
Sorry, yes. Like I said, I thought the modifier upped the Dark skill, and in case of modifiers for skills, only the highest modifier for the same skill on the same character works. So you can't have for instance 10 rings with +10 Dark skill on one character.
But yes, the speed factor should work for both of them. In fact, if it didn't it wouldn't work at all. This is because when dual wielding, the slowest weapons recovery rate is used to determine your attacking speed (you actually don't hit twice, you just combine the damage of both weapons in one attack).

What this means is that if you could dual wield two spears, it would be infinetely better than duel wielding a spear+sword, as the sword is just slowed down by the spear and doesn't do as much damage as another spear would.

Something I don't know though is if the bonus to damage you get from Might is scaled to your recovery time..

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jan 2009, 12:25

Update on the Knight:

She id currently at level 83. I put Sword at GM and Plate at GM. Armsmaster skill is also GM and I currently have it at level 33.

With her 2 swords ..of Darkness, this is the only class I have been able to leave turn-based mode "off" with. I hardly need to retreat and rest, because her HP is almost always full.

Very cool!

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 29 Jan 2009, 17:44

Let's talk about an insane Knight as about a Berzerker. :D

linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linker163 » 15 Feb 2009, 09:43

definetly dragons, the best race in mm8 with the flight spells... and great amount of hp.... and other stuff... B-)
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 16 Feb 2009, 03:45

GrayFace wrote:And characters don't die of insanity, they die if they stay without rest more than 3 (AFAIR) days.
From my experience, something random happens at 3AM if they've been going too long without rest. Could be death, insanity, poisoning, weakness... almost anything. If I've been going too long without rest (which is usually all the time), I try to save just before 3AM. When you reload, a different set of ailments will befall you.

As long as I escape with no one dead, I'm happy.... ;)
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Return to “Might and Magic”