To all playtesters......

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

To all playtesters......

Unread postby motter28218 » 08 Jan 2009, 05:12

http://hosted.filefront.com/motter28218/

Just download the files from the link above and paste them over your files in the MM6 folder (remember to make backups) this is not a full blown "mod" none of the new quests are in these files it just boosts stats on most monsters as well as putting them in different places, some items have been modded and several audio files have been changed and NPC pictures as well, just want some feedback on whether or not people think the game will be to hard with the monsters and their "inherited" powers. Any feedback good or bad is welcome. Thanks.

Otter

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 08 Jan 2009, 19:46

is it a mod for the original m&m6?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 08 Jan 2009, 20:19

Just a part.
People starts to do something ;)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 09 Jan 2009, 06:53

Talin_Trollbane wrote:is it a mod for the original m&m6?
Yes part 6, sorry should I should have been more specific.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 09 Jan 2009, 16:39

Lately so many MODs have been either announced or released that I lost the count of them :disagree:
Wouldn't be wise to make a threat with links to all MODs(both released&on going), tutorials and useful modding sofware(for people who use them, I'm not a modder but having the things clear is a must, if not this subforum would end in chaos)
Don't you think so?
I know I made this proposal in Motters threat, but think on it ;)
And Motter, it's good that you released a beta of your MOD, that shows who you are going in your MOD and your progress(even though it isn't inclueded all)
Keep up the good work! :yes:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Jan 2009, 19:51

Useless!
Every new member asks this question =)

Noone want to use a search :devious:

40% of all topics can be merged but only new ones appears ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jan 2009, 07:58

Why? This can be put into the FAQ sticky thread. Some people will read it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jan 2009, 20:21

Pretty hard at the beginning. But it's good for a 'hard' difficulty I think. I like the fact that you sould first travel to Free Haven before you are able to clear any location. I've cleaned Free Haven severs from rats so far. That's all I could do for now, but Thieves seem ok too. If I buy better equipement I'll be able to kill them good enough I think.
I play in real time only and don't use any tricks with obstacles to kill monsters.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Jan 2009, 17:52

I also see you use patch 1.0 or 1.1. There's been some changes since then. Particulary, in maps, events and .txt files.
Here's the list of changes since 1.0:
CD3.blv
D04.blv
d08.blv
d14.blv
Outb2.odm
Outc1.odm
Outd2.odm
D04.dlv
d14.dlv
Class.txt
D01.EVT
D04.EVT
D18.EVT
DOBJLIST.BIN
DSOUNDS.BIN
GLOBAL.EVT
GLOBAL.TXT
HIVE.EVT
ITEMS.TXT
MapStats.txt
MONSTERS.TXT
npctext.txt
OUTB3.EVT
OUTC3.EVT
OUTD1.EVT
OUTD2.EVT
Quests.txt
SEWER.EVT
SKILLDES.TXT
T1.EVT
T3.EVT
T5.EVT

All, except Bootlag Bay map, are contained in Mok's patch. Bootlag Bay map was changed by Angel, MapViewer author.
I'll release version 1.2 of my patch tomorrow I think. It will contain these files.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 13 Jan 2009, 15:17

Hmmm, I used Mok's patch, only way I can play it on Vista, should all be the same unless I have an old version of the patch??? I have the MMGold or whatever it was called that had MM1-7 all together but that install had to many bugs, I know there were ways around it but I just used the original MM6 for install.
GrayFace wrote:I also see you use patch 1.0 or 1.1. There's been some changes since then. Particulary, in maps, events and .txt files.
Here's the list of changes since 1.0:
CD3.blv
D04.blv
d08.blv
d14.blv
Outb2.odm
Outc1.odm
Outd2.odm
D04.dlv
d14.dlv
Class.txt
D01.EVT
D04.EVT
D18.EVT
DOBJLIST.BIN
DSOUNDS.BIN
GLOBAL.EVT
GLOBAL.TXT
HIVE.EVT
ITEMS.TXT
MapStats.txt
MONSTERS.TXT
npctext.txt
OUTB3.EVT
OUTC3.EVT
OUTD1.EVT
OUTD2.EVT
Quests.txt
SEWER.EVT
SKILLDES.TXT
T1.EVT
T3.EVT
T5.EVT

All, except Bootlag Bay map, are contained in Mok's patch. Bootlag Bay map was changed by Angel, MapViewer author.
I'll release version 1.2 of my patch tomorrow I think. It will contain these files.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jan 2009, 17:01

1) Mordred dagger is replaced by something that cannot be weared and takes 2x2 squares. http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090121/GI5uAIWWq5.jpg
2) The main problem of difficulty persists. As the game progresses it comes easier.
3) Don't change monsters alignment manually on maps. I think it would be possible to do so automatically when I make my scripts extension.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Jan 2009, 20:58

Reroling item database. ;|
trying to change some abilities. ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Jan 2009, 05:41

An error: Water Elemental has "20D" in Attack 1 Damage field. This results in a crash when he attacks.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 22 Jan 2009, 08:39

GrayFace wrote:An error: Water Elemental has "20D" in Attack 1 Damage field. This results in a crash when he attacks.
Thank you for all the feedback, I noticed the same errors and based on your reply's and other user's I am adjusting the mod. I have taken down the files from Filefront, Thank you to all for your help in testing this "sneak peak" at my mod, I will repost when it is finished and host the files on Filefont so keep your eyes open and thanks again.

Otter

Return to “Might and Magic”