Good places to level up in MMVII?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sgt_BFG
Pixie
Pixie

Good places to level up in MMVII?

Unread postby Sgt_BFG » 05 Jan 2009, 16:47

I've just recently decided to play through MMVII (I have owned the game for awhile but never got around to completing it) and I've got the sidequest to find the lantern of light, but I can't just run in and get it and the zombies keep killing my party.

Is there any good places to go or sidequests to do to get some experience so I can get the necessary skills to expert?

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 05 Jan 2009, 16:51

Try to clear Tularean Forest's wilderness or perhaps shooting all trolls in Tatalia (very carefully). Also it might be a good idea to kill the bandits in Erathia + complete the quest with Devrik Pelladium's ring... ;|

Sgt_BFG
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Sgt_BFG » 05 Jan 2009, 17:15

Alright, thanks for the advice :proud:

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 05 Jan 2009, 21:52

It's all a question of tactics... always go in turn-based mode when you enter a new barrow, and use your bows to attack the closest critters first. You can also use Turn Undead to make the zombies run away for a while... although when you hit them, they start coming back so be sure to concentrate your fire.

I routinely clear it with L1 parties, so it's doable.

Have fun!
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2009, 22:41

..course bung' is a sucker for punishment! :)

Do some of the easy quests, like delivering the 2 letters; 1 in Tulerea and 1 in Steadwick.

While in Steadwick, do the signet ring quest, it's easy and kill all the rogues in the south west area; where you go to Bracada. You can lure them to the water and then jump over. They'll stand on the other side and get mowed down.

Go to Avlee and lure some of the wyverns to the town: then let the elves help you kill them. make sure you get the last hit in, for the exp. When I enter there from Tulerea, I always save first and make sure I have a few of the red lancers near where I enter the area. They're the toughest to take on the wyverns.

They also have good equipment, which you need early in the game. You can take they on yourself a swell. Just hit and run; and there's always 3 pretty good bows laying in the Tulerean forest before you head to Avlee.

You can also get water walk and kill a lot of the stuff in the on the Island in Tatalia where you get the map. they're pretty easy.

Also, let us know what party you have right now.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 05 Jan 2009, 22:55

In addiction there's some pretty nice ore in tularean, not to mention some nice reagents, that are scattered throughout its territory - that'll help much in the upcoming battle...
Also an easy one is the Fairy King quest - that's actuall two quests in one. And since it's a promotion quest, a sufficient amount of XP will follow :)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2009, 23:43

Asterot wrote:In addiction there's some pretty nice ore in tularean, not to mention some nice reagents, that are scattered throughout its territory - that'll help much in the upcoming battle...
Also an easy one is the Fairy King quest - that's actuall two quests in one. And since it's a promotion quest, a sufficient amount of XP will follow :)
Well, you can't do both with the mod, unless you do the 4 courier quests first.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jan 2009, 23:47

Land of the Titans :P!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 06 Jan 2009, 20:20

For the early game, shoothing from the safe distance and clearing open-air places(such as tatalia(kiling trolls), Erathia, Harmondable,...). Do easy quests like the signet ring, look for great reactives(tulearean forest) and search erudine&khelgar ore, and make some nice items :-D
Promotions quests are a good help too.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Jan 2009, 01:19

Just kick the emerald island dragons ass :P run around like a maniac and hit him :D Also you may kill wromthrax the heartless and gain an relic (also dont forget to accept the quest from charles in steadwick :)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 07 Jan 2009, 09:37

Wromthrax can be killed really easyly, just with 3-4 fire wands, running and shoothing at him after he has shoot his ice attack. Expert air is a big help there(you can see the missile).And when you kill him, save before looting him(cliking on the corpse) and save&load till doing the reloot trick(you can get several relics if you spend some time :-D )

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 07 Jan 2009, 12:11

With enough patience a gragon's corpse can actually yield a ton of goodies - just enough to "dress up" all of your characters. Once I wanted to complete the game with four rangers and killed the dragon in Emerald Isle's cavern - that way I got so much cool stuff that the next few lands were cleared in no-time at all...
But one has to be careful with the axe artifact, which has explosive impact :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jan 2009, 17:19

Just do whatever you want. There are many fair and unfair ways to get good equipment and it's more fun to figure them out by yourself. Just explore and kill. At first you can use tricks like those given in this thread. Also note that your melee attack range is longer than that of your enemies. There are many otherwise hard places in which you can use this 'cheating' advantage. In some of them you can find really great items.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”