It's Begun!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 07 Jan 2009, 03:04

GrayFace wrote:I can assist in .exe modification. Handle things like removing events length limit and such.
Hey Grayface just wondering if you are able to mod relics, classes, weapon abilities in the .exe? If so could you get in touch with me, it would be a big help. I actually did figure out how to get my game to run without Daemon or MagicISO by modding the .exe thanks to some of the advice you E-mailed me but mostly it was just a HUGE amount of trial and error plus some dumb luck, I'm still pretty clueless on modding .exe files. Thanks.

Otter

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jan 2009, 08:42

motter28218 wrote:Hey Grayface just wondering if you are able to mod relics, classes, weapon abilities in the .exe?
I think I'll be able to figure out relics and weapon abilities, but adding classes bay be a big problem. I'll be able to add new items into dialogs. And I've got an idea of including Lua as scripting language :)
motter28218 wrote:I actually did figure out how to get my game to run without Daemon or MagicISO by modding the .exe thanks to some of the advice you E-mailed me but mostly it was just a HUGE amount of trial and error plus some dumb luck, I'm still pretty clueless on modding .exe files.
If you mean running the game without CD, there's a simple way. Just add these strings into mm6.ini:
[Settings]
use_cd=0
You'll also need to put the Anims from your CD into the game.
In mm7 and mm8 you can create mm6.ini file and do the same thing with it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 07 Jan 2009, 13:31

GrayFace wrote:I can assist in .exe modification. Handle things like removing events length limit and such.
Unfortunately, this crude Turkey of a game engine (MM6) needs a major overhaul to make in a viable vehicle for anything other than a 'simple', uncomplicated adventure. Graphically it offers quite a-bit to the artist, but programming-wise it's like writing a game for the Apple II.

Thanks for the offer but .....

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 14:45

I'm back.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jan 2009, 16:54

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Unfortunately, this crude Turkey of a game engine (MM6) needs a major overhaul to make in a viable vehicle for anything other than a 'simple', uncomplicated adventure. Graphically it offers quite a-bit to the artist, but programming-wise it's like writing a game for the Apple II.
Yes, big engine improvements are almost impossible, but many aspects can be tweaked and added.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 07 Jan 2009, 17:04

GrayFace wrote:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:Unfortunately, this crude Turkey of a game engine (MM6) needs a major overhaul to make in a viable vehicle for anything other than a 'simple', uncomplicated adventure. Graphically it offers quite a-bit to the artist, but programming-wise it's like writing a game for the Apple II.
Yes, big engine improvements are almost impossible, but many aspects can be tweaked and added.
Yeah, it's just a ton of work, atleast for me since I had zero programming experience when I started, I'm about sick to death of Hexing right now, but I'll keep goin, glad to see so many people interested in modding.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 17:06

I do not like idea of editing EXE file...until there might be a universal patch for all EXEs.

I've experimented with 4 MM7 game versions, uses some differ EXEs - game do not worked with different EXE files. Game uses only the exact EXE file.

If it is possible to create a EXE-patcher as it was for Maestro MOD than it could be done.
If you do not feel ready for making such patch - I can try to contact the author of CLASS-MERGER programm that I used for my MM7 MOD. Maybe he will be able to help.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 07 Jan 2009, 17:21

vladimir-maestro wrote:I'm back.
Maestro ... have you been gone? ;)

Good ta have ya back!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 17:34

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote:I'm back.
Maestro ... have you been gone? ;)

BDJ
Ehh...we've got Gregorian Calendar. So we've got 31 dec - New Year and 6-7 Jan - X-mas :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Quickshot14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Quickshot14 » 11 Jan 2009, 21:41

Edwardas 3 wrote:Hey @Quickshot14
I have not managed to locate MM9 video
only world of Warcraft there
Not ap problem its a little burried but its there here the direct blog/vblog links on the page (its in the archive) and of course my youtube channel page has them listed as well. Hope that helps.

First posting of mm9: blog/vblog link
Second posting of mm9: blog/blog link

Also I have a new post for more mm9 video coming up soon.

Also havnt heard anything baout wnating video but if you do let me know i'm still having toruble finding my mm6 dics i may have left them at my parents house as my dad wanted to play it again a while back and if i did he has to find them and mail it to me, but it shouldnt take long. All for now, let me know.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Jan 2009, 01:02

The biggest question is, of course, if the flute will have a use in this mod :P

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 12 Jan 2009, 07:32

maybe not a flute ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 14 Jan 2009, 00:10

Macros the Black wrote:The biggest question is, of course, if the flute will have a use in this mod :P
It will in the mod I am currently doing. Many unused items will become additional quests, you might think all the extra quests will be overkill on experience but since I enhanced most of the monster's you will need to be high level to finish the game.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 31 Jan 2009, 07:11

I've found the place where artifacts stats bonuses are added.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 31 Jan 2009, 20:09

Where is that place,Grayface?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 31 Jan 2009, 21:11

EXE file
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Feb 2009, 10:23

482E80 - it's a function that calculates bonus of all items to a statistic.

sherwin_p
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wow!

Unread postby sherwin_p » 01 Feb 2009, 22:09

You guys amaze me...I'll definately be keeping track of this. I love the engine used in MM6-8. In fact I still have them installed with Wiz 7-8 on my PC. I have yet to find a game which has kept me as involved as those.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Feb 2009, 09:31

:devious:
Can you read last red line???
:D

Now we've got the name.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 24 Feb 2009, 11:12

vladimir-maestro wrote:XA
So hard 8| .

Return to “Might and Magic”