MM6: Metamorphosis - monster's corner

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jan 2009, 12:44

If it's possible, it would be nice to be able to sell items at the same price, no matter which shop you go to. And if they sell the same thing, it should also be the same price.

..and yes, change or get rid of the Tomb of Varn. I'm there now and I don't feel like continuing. It's just too big, even though I can pretty much do the place by memory.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 03 Jan 2009, 12:48

Sorry... delayed response in here. I'm happy to play-test. But no, I'm not Zedd from TELP. Every board I've been on, I've been Bungleau. Zedd was on here, though, and helped with playtesting BDJ's Rev4 mod.
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Jan 2009, 15:56

I thought we were talking about vlad. being Zedd? That's what his pic reminds me of.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 03 Jan 2009, 19:52

Just looked back, and motter was responding back to my offer to help when he asked the question. He also referenced Vlad in that paragraph, so it could be confusing.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that neither one of us is Zedd ;)
*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 14:31

Missed me? ;)
I'm back :devil:

Something new to tease you again...

Valkirie:

Fairy Dragon:

Centaur:

Lost Soul:

Drow Warlock:

Lich:

This monster has no name...

Ixion:

Minotaurus:

Order of the Fist:

Chimera:

Ogre:

Male NPC:

Sentinel Drone:

Thief:

Colossus:

Dire Wolf:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jan 2009, 16:01

Hey vladimir! They are all great, only one is a little bit odd/ugly for my taste, and that's the fairy dragon. Can't you make a freaking nasty dragon in stead of the Fairy one? Just for me? *puppyeyes*
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 17:03

If you remember - there are many Dragon-type monsters in MM6.

Dragon that you are speacking about - are Dragons of Dragon Sands...they will be exact as you want. B-)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jan 2009, 17:51

Nice, because I want to ight some bad ass dragons for you guys...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Sendoh » 07 Jan 2009, 17:52

really great work, i don't like the minotaur and the valkirie, and i think the original picture of the warlock is great and should be named diferent, but your version is also really good

instead of the lizardman you can creat a Gnoll, just like in H3

just my opinion :P

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 07 Jan 2009, 19:33

Ok...a lot of new stuff! All of it looks great, but there a few that could look better, IMO:

Fairy dragon - It looks like a moth :D The spirte itself is very nice, but i dont see a fairy dragon in it

Centaur - Very good! Maybe the head is a little small compared to the arms...

Drow Warlock - I like the new design, but I also like the old one. The old one is scary while the new one is manly...really depends on taste :)

Lich - Looks great, only again same as the centaur it's head is too small, if it had the old head on its neck then it would be the right proportions i think.

The Green monster lizardman substitute looks like a Goblin from some ancient tribe...maybe a half-goblin sort of thing..it could also be a primitive version of the Hulk :D

The Ixion is an interesting design, however the main looks a little too tall and the horn seem like its more attached than a part of the creature, but that doesnt have to be a problem. The tail looks a little wierd 8|

Minotaurs - Well the head looks flat and the legs are a bit big and hands are too small proportion wise. However, I think the main concept of the minotaur has been missed. A human body with the head of a bull, or human legs with the body and head of a bull.

Chimera - Could have a bit more color, but considering the source monster thats probably not possible, otherwise a very amazing design!

Ogre - again a small head compared to the body, but maybe its just me

Thief - Love the moustache!!!! :D

Those that i haven't listed are awesome and there is nothing else to say about them :) Great work all in all, the only sprite I don't like is the minotaur. Everything else is very nice, despite the few flaws I noticed.
Sorry vlad, I'm sort of a perfectionist and a very harsh critic. :devil:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 19:42

About head of the lich and centaur - the head are equal size.

Lich's head looks so small cause of the armor - strip him and you will see proportional skeleton.
Centaurus has got messy long-hair - so thats why you can doubt about his head scale.

Chimera cannot have more colors - look at the ooze - only 1 color! :disagree:

Drow Warlock - just a first that I can imagine when looked at him. BTW - they've come from Jadame :-D to kill all the Krigans but were possesed by their dark power...

Unknown monster(lizard) kobalt could be done...but green doggy?! Goblin is more real.

Ogre - small head...ehhh! Have you seed Ogre-librarian? These ogres are dummy...so their heads are small and body are so strong...warmachines! ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 07 Jan 2009, 20:05

Stryfer wrote: Chimera - Could have a bit more color, but considering the source monster thats probably not possible, otherwise a very amazing design!
Just a bit of info: MM uses 8 bit bitmap images with a set pallette of colors. The Chimera can not have more color because the sprite set it replaces uses a pallette of colors with the majority being green. Whenever you replace a sprite, you must follow suit to the pallette unless you replace the pallette with a new one containing a bigger variety of colors.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Jan 2009, 20:12

Valkyrie - her dress is awful. And these "flying sources" of her chest - even more awful. :p

Dragon - it isn't dragn now but - as Styfer said - moth.

Centaur - change (or remove) armor and maybe he will OK.

Lost Soul - scythe is in wrong position, not mentions its handling are incorrect (or is it only wrong picture angle?)

Drow Warlock - dread knight is superior.
vladimir-maestro wrote:Drow Warlock - just a first that I can imagine when looked at him. BTW - they've come from Jadame :-D to kill all the Krigans but were possesed by their dark power...
If you wants drows in MM universe - OK, it's your choise, but don't involve Dark Elves form Jadame in that.
Dark Elves =/= Drows and their behaviour and Jadame's Elves are example of this.

Lich - is it sill a lich or it's kaisharga?
If lich then why he need armor which is heavy and protect body from wounds - liches don't have body and don't recive wounds.

Ixion - punk zebra?

Minotaur - original is much better - don't change something what is good.

Order of the Fist - I don't like his uncovered chest but if you want that give him some tatoo.

Chimera - i only in one color then it's ugly.

Male NPC - his arms and torso don't fix (looks unnatural for me).

Colossus - original is better.

Others are OK

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2009, 21:49

:devil: Pay attension to what you are saying :devil:

Or moderator will mark this topic [NSFW] :devious:
--------------
Belive me - lich without armor - pathetic creature!! Ok! Let's call him not a lich but "Menekka" - ok?

Centaurus must wear an armor...there are problems with texture - horse and human are the same color...looks strange -> so armor closes this issue.

About other creatures - I said that you can do a suggestions!
If you do not like a chimera - I can replace it onto Slime from MM8...I found a way how to do this, replacing monsters between MM6-MM8 games...from newer to older (mm8 ormm7 into mm6) - guess why?! There are less sprites in MM6 ;|

But this way of replacing is so long...that better way is to create new one that to tint existing one.

Try to experiment:
Open MM6 creature with MSpaint...
Open another monster of MM7-MM8 game in MSpaint...
Copy MM7-MM8 minster...
Paste onto MM6 monster...
Editor will analyze colors and made them as similar as possible...

And you will see that a Baa Folower (while old man) and a Necromancer (MM8) uses almost identical colors :proud: B-)

P.S.
Ixion:
So this is it...almost a zebra but thunder one :)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 07 Jan 2009, 23:15

Don't like neither the mino nor the fairy dragon nor the colossus. The one-colour quimera isn't very realistic, but isn't bad too.
By the way, the centaur looks ultramuscule 8|
Good work, anyway :yes:

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 08 Jan 2009, 00:55

Ok, upon closer observation, you are right about the small heads. When looked at closely they seem to be of regular size, although the centaur arm/head ratio is still questionable.
They only seemed too small because the originals had bigger ones, or smaller bodies.

As I suspected, the color pallete is limited to the original monster. Maybe the Chimera, and posibly the Ixion will look better if you use a different base monster? As Avonu stated, lookes like the Ixion is into punk :D

I acctually like the colossus, but ok, maybe he lacks a bit of detail on the armor. A few gold lines and dots could do wonders...

Try a new desing for the minotaur when all else is done...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Jan 2009, 02:32

I would like to suggest that, if it is possible, to actually have some of the quests make a difference in the game, when it's modded.

Like:
If you find and return the book of Liches, "all" Liches in the game actually become weaker in some way.

I'm just playing a solo Vampire in MM8 and it would really nice if, once you find a new home for the trolls, they actually disappear from that area and appear in the Murmurwoods cave.
Except maybe the few teachers in the houses.

Placing the statues for Teillen will allow you to go to him and reverse unnatural aging for free.

Have Rocklin the dwarf be on the throne after killing snergle and offer some type of reward; perhaps an artifact, or level training for cheap, for example.

Defacing the altar in the monolith, could cause all druids in the area to become weaker, or loose spell casting abilities.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 08 Jan 2009, 03:07

I like quests making a difference. I've thought for a long time that having to complete one of the "trader routes" would make an excellent quest for Master or GM Merchant...
*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Jan 2009, 15:46

:devious: We've got new mythology line -> so many of monsters will look differ.

Great part of old ones will be changed.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Jan 2009, 15:53

@vladimir-maestro: maybe it's more realistic to replace slimes with gelatinous cubes? A special attack is to completely destroy items (absorbtion).
And, yeah, mimics are also welcome! Those itemlike or chestlike things that come to life when try to pick or open them and is very, very hard to defeat!

Also, developers left much of things undone: Quest for Dark Containment Scroll, bat guano harvest, teeth for collecting, and turning to Werewolves in Blackshire. Some unused items, like picklocks, etc.

Return to “Might and Magic”