MM6: Metamorphosis - monster's corner

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Dec 2008, 08:12

About eye - its mounth don't fix well to this monster - it is too friendly.

Maybe mounth like this?

Personaly I prefer hydra without legs and with more heads - something like this monster from MM5:

Oh, and do you want to replace sa monster too? If yes then maybe you replace then with octopus-like monster or even with kraken?

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 29 Dec 2008, 13:21

I agree... that eye's mouth is too friendly. If you look at it, it's actually smiling :)

I'd suggest either making it a scowl, slightly turning down the corners of the mouth, or adding an "angry" eyebrow like the original eye. If you look, you'll see it's V-shaped, with the point of the V in the middle of the eye. Yours is more smile-shaped as well, making it appear friendlier.

The teeth also look very even... too even, in fact, for a monster that hasn't brushed or flossed in years ;) If you could make the teeth more irregular and/or jagged, that might help a bit as well.

Great stuff, though!
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Dec 2008, 14:26

bungleau wrote:I agree... that eye's mouth is too friendly. If you look at it, it's actually smiling :)

I'd suggest either making it a scowl, slightly turning down the corners of the mouth, or adding an "angry" eyebrow like the original eye. If you look, you'll see it's V-shaped, with the point of the V in the middle of the eye. Yours is more smile-shaped as well, making it appear friendlier.

The teeth also look very even... too even, in fact, for a monster that hasn't brushed or flossed in years ;) If you could make the teeth more irregular and/or jagged, that might help a bit as well.

Great stuff, though!
How DOES a beholder brush and floss...? :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Dec 2008, 20:58

Anubis - guardian of the Ancients or simple VARN :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 29 Dec 2008, 22:44

The anubis is great!
As for the hydra: I think the heads or faces could be more fierce.
Simple as that, the hydra looks like something I'd like to take home, feed, pet and look after :hoo:

The beholder looks like he just had chocolate :-D
I won't suggest more aggression since everyone already did that.
He has one eye looking at me and the rest go everywhere else, you could try to make a few eyes look in the same direction as the big one. It can be creepy when one monster has all these eyes staring at you 8| 8| 8| 8| <- see? creepy :D

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 30 Dec 2008, 21:10

Big Daddy Jim wrote::beheading:

You should be ashamed of yourself, Vladimir! :D

Enticing an old fool such as myself into the MM6 world! And to complicate matters, I've been bitten by the infamous Modding Bug again, and cannot find the antidote!

Ya wanna join forces and combine talents to produce either a modified MM6 or a 'new' MM6 game? You'd have to handle the massive graphic reworks and I could re-code the game and database files. I have someone in mind for the story-line. And perhaps we could entice Matt Otter to join us for his creative ideas and coding capabilities.

BDJ
Hey Big Daddy, you or Vladimir are more than welcome to any of the work I've done and I'd be happy to help you guys, the more I look at my mod I'm not sure it is something the community would want as I was never trying to create a completely new game just make the original the way I envisioned it should be.

I don't know if you're familiar with XNA Game Studio but it is a new program I am learning that teaches how to create games from scratch. Also, I have been messing with the .exe file, something I know you want no part of, but I figured out the hex bytes to modify so I can play the game without the CD and I don't need Daemon or Magic ISO which I never liked cuz they seemed to mess up my drive configuration. So if you guys decide to make a game from scratch or whatever I'm in, I think I already sent you the Global.evt parsed out, I also made notations in it pointing out which section related to which quest/event. If you need another copy let me know. I am still "re-training" myself with the MM6 world since as I stated I really haven't touched it in almost a year, and mostly I've been messing with exe file and was thrilled when I actually got the game to work without the CD, may sound minor but it was alot of trial and error and I'm just glad I don't have to worry about my CD getting lost or scratched up anymore, so anything I can do to help let me know.

Nice job on the graphics as always Vladimir.

Otter

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 31 Dec 2008, 09:21

I do not think that we planing to do new game from a scratch.
I think that BDJ want to dump all original DATA of MM6 and wrote a new storyline with new main quest line, new promos.

If it will be possible - party will start a game from another point. Not from New Sorpigal.

So the game engine will be the same but due to new quests - new atmosphere.
Also due to new graphics and monsters - we a planing to change their inhabitants. We will lose some monsters but will get another ones.

For example:
We will lose Skeletons as you remember them but will get Bone Lords - the most powerfull creature that is more stronger as a kriegauns, titans, dragons.

We will lose Goblins but will get Orcs that will be more stronger...about level 30 party.
-------------------
There are alot of dark charecters...death knights, werewolves, liches, ghosts, thieves, canibals...So I want to change some of them info Drows...
-------------------
P.S.

:hoo: Happy New Year! :hoo:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 31 Dec 2008, 18:13

motter28218 wrote: Hey Big Daddy, you or Vladimir are more than welcome to any of the work I've done and I'd be happy to help you guys, the more I look at my mod I'm not sure it is something the community would want as I was never trying to create a completely new game just make the original the way I envisioned it should be.

I don't know if you're familiar with XNA Game Studio but it is a new program I am learning that teaches how to create games from scratch. Also, I have been messing with the .exe file, something I know you want no part of, but I figured out the hex bytes to modify so I can play the game without the CD and I don't need Daemon or Magic ISO which I never liked cuz they seemed to mess up my drive configuration. So if you guys decide to make a game from scratch or whatever I'm in, I think I already sent you the Global.evt parsed out, I also made notations in it pointing out which section related to which quest/event. If you need another copy let me know. I am still "re-training" myself with the MM6 world since as I stated I really haven't touched it in almost a year, and mostly I've been messing with exe file and was thrilled when I actually got the game to work without the CD, may sound minor but it was alot of trial and error and I'm just glad I don't have to worry about my CD getting lost or scratched up anymore, so anything I can do to help let me know.

Nice job on the graphics as always Vladimir.

Otter
Matt,

If ya do have some time on your hands, I could sure use some help from ya developing the MM6-based game. I'll contact you via email with some details in a couple of days.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 31 Dec 2008, 19:37

vladimir-maestro wrote:I do not think that we planing to do new game from a scratch.
I think that BDJ want to dump all original DATA of MM6 and wrote a new storyline with new main quest line, new promos.

If it will be possible - party will start a game from another point. Not from New Sorpigal.

So the game engine will be the same but due to new quests - new atmosphere.
Also due to new graphics and monsters - we a planing to change their inhabitants. We will lose some monsters but will get another ones.

For example:
We will lose Skeletons as you remember them but will get Bone Lords - the most powerfull creature that is more stronger as a kriegauns, titans, dragons.

We will lose Goblins but will get Orcs that will be more stronger...about level 30 party.
-------------------
There are alot of dark charecters...death knights, werewolves, liches, ghosts, thieves, canibals...So I want to change some of them info Drows...
-------------------
P.S.

:hoo: Happy New Year! :hoo:
I actually did alot of the same things.

I made Werewolves much more powerful, I gave them the "Varn" creature stats (minus the Psychic Shock power).

I gave Goblins the "wingless" devil stats (again minus the magic).

I got rid of the wingless devils, thought they were lame.

I also got rid of all units that were Greek, Egyptian mythology as well as all sci-fi units, and gave their stats to other monsters who I thought were underpowered.

Genie powers went to mages who I thought were ill-used, I did modify their attack type to match the mages fire to red mage, water to blue mage, so on, they can also fly now just like genies making them even tougher (this inspired by the all the "Tower" talk about flying mages being shot down).

Titans became giants (again no magic just physical).

But don't think I just "threw away" those magic powers I gave the Varn pyschic shock to Clerics of Baa who were just pathetic, Titan Psychic Shock went to Serpent's only in the form of fire, elec, water attacks, Serpents are also much more powerful with "Borrowed" stats, I mean come on, those things were huge monsters and the toughest of them only had 374 HP and 40 Armor.

I also moved a few dungeons around, Lair of the Wolf is now in Mire of the Damned where it should be, and Snergle's mine is now in Blackshire.

Castle Ironfist outdoor is now populated by Thieves and Brigands(who also have boosted stats "borrowed" from other creatures I didn't use.) I did this because most of the NPC talk centered around how the road to Ironfist was plagued by Bandits yet you get there and all there is are those puny Baa Follower's and Lizard Archers.

Cave of the Dragon rider's is now populated by Drake's (with boosted borrowed stats), again to match all the NPC dialogue about the Dragon Rider's and their FLYING dragons, so why in the world is that dungeon full of Wyrm's?).

Other creature's who now more powerful: Earth Elementals, Dwarf's, Veterans, Swordsman, Ogre's, most magic casting classes now have increased magic attack's taken from monster's I didn't use so tho their bodies may still be a little weak they pack a big punch.

I "made" new classes (not really just renamed them) so Knight's became Barbarians, Paladin's became knight's.

I also switched some the promo quests, Humphrey (who never looked like a warrior to me more like a priest) now gives the priest promo, Osric now gives the knight(formerly Paladin) promo and Anthony Stone (who looked like to much of a big brute to be a priest) gives the Barbarian (formerly Knight) promo.

I have made all relics/artifacts obtainable in some way or another rather than just leaving it up to random looting, for example Agar, who gave you nothing now gives one of the amulet's, I forget which one off-hand so there's actually a reason to tackle his dungeon other than just some more experience.

I am working on remodeling monsters as well, though they are not going to be as elaborate as yours, I agree with another poster who said the flying devils looked more comical than menacing so I am re-doing their face to look more "evil", I am trying to remodel Gorgons into witches, will see how that goes, actually I'm not doing much of the Graphic Design a friend of mine is as I suck at it. Anyhow, there's a taste of some of the things I have done. Let me know what you and BDJ have in mind and I will help anyway I can.

Otter

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 Dec 2008, 20:11

It sounds like you have already done much of what you're talking about, but is it available anywhere yet?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 31 Dec 2008, 20:21

Good work otter :yes:
Is good to hear work of your Mod, you seem to have done a great part :-D

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 31 Dec 2008, 21:26

Variol wrote:It sounds like you have already done much of what you're talking about, but is it available anywhere yet?
Storm-giant wrote:Good work otter yes
Is good to hear work of your Mod, you seem to have done a great part big smile

Well, BDJ said he was going to contact me, so I am going to ask him where is the best place to host the mod files, some of them I could mail to you as alot of them are just .txt files but you will have to import them with mm8lvleditor, if you can be patient tho I'd like to complete the mod fully, or better yet I'm interested in seeing what BDJ and Vladimir have in mind, I think with the 3 of us all working together we can come up with something everyone will like. Thanks to all for the support.

Otter

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Jan 2009, 01:37

..might be worth asking bungleau to help as well. I know he helped with BDJ's mod.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 01 Jan 2009, 14:24

I'd be interested. I was primarily play-testing on BDJ's mod, but I do have a programming background. And I've got the occasional idea or two... ;)
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Jan 2009, 16:18

..and he's "not" as ugly as his avatar! ....I think, ;)

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 01 Jan 2009, 16:35

Jeez, if the goblins' characteristics become so high, than the beginning will be quite tough. Not to mention flying magi - will they get shot by the fireball tower?

BTW, with the sci-fi characters removed what'll happen to the plot? :|

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 01 Jan 2009, 20:06

bungleau wrote:I'd be interested. I was primarily play-testing on BDJ's mod, but I do have a programming background. And I've got the occasional idea or two... ;)
I personally never refuse an offer of help on my mod so if you want to help play test mine when it's done that'd be great, as for the "Metamorphisis" I will have to say this is Vladimir and BDJ's mod and I'm just helping so any decisions will have to be made by them. BTW are you Zedd from Telp's???
Asterot wrote:Jeez, if the goblins' characteristics become so high, than the beginning will be quite tough. Not to mention flying magi - will they get shot by the fireball tower?

Yes and no, first off yes this mod will be more difficult, very few weak monster's, so you will want to do alot of the "easy" quests first ie Warrior(formerly Cavalier) nomination, Kilburn's shield, etc, but also I have put monster's in different places, mages are no longer on Mist, I agree that would be near impossible with so much water added to their flight ability and boosted stats, they are mostly either indoors or in land only maps, so there is balance but again I won't lie my mod is much more challenging at first, but keep in mind the boosted stats aplly to their experience points as well, so for example just killing 1 Goblin alone could raise your level up a number or 2. Also, and this may not happen it all depends on if I can figure out how to do it, I had hoped to make a light/dark path so you may not even have to fight mages (if you choose the light path). I am having trouble with the monster hostilities so don't know if that will ever happen or not.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 01 Jan 2009, 20:26

And how's about a change in the spellbook (especially dark magic)?

And did I understand correctly, the Sentinels had been removed? If that happens, who would be the monster to destroy in fire lord's quest (boy, it will sure become sinister with all those modified goblins and ogres :devil: )?

And some more questions - will there be different races or perhaps more classes of characters? And who would inhabit the Control centre (or will it appear at all), and will there be any new dungeons or maps (may be in sweet water :) )?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jan 2009, 02:22

BTW are you Zedd from Telp's???
Yes, if you're referring to "that" Zedd, I keep thinking that as well. When do the new shows start BTW?

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 02 Jan 2009, 05:46

Asterot wrote:And how's about a change in the spellbook (especially dark magic)?

And did I understand correctly, the Sentinels had been removed? If that happens, who would be the monster to destroy in fire lord's quest (boy, it will sure become sinister with all those modified goblins and ogres :devil: )?

And some more questions - will there be different races or perhaps more classes of characters? And who would inhabit the Control centre (or will it appear at all), and will there be any new dungeons or maps (may be in sweet water :) )?
I plan to do away with the hive and the control center, I am only keeping things from Medieval Europe times, not so say I have anything against Greek/Egyptian times or Sci-fi, actually I like all of them, just don't think they mix, I am changing the final quest so the sci-fi stuff won't be needed, as for the Varn in the Fire Lord Dungeon I'm just changing him to a different creature, plus the Pyramid will not be used so the skull will have a different purpose. As for new classes, I hope to accomplish that, haven't figured it out yet, will see if Big Daddy has any thoughts on the subject, this is all a learning process so who know's.

Return to “Might and Magic”