!!!_Maestro MOD (installation)_!!!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Jan 2009, 08:03

Big Daddy Jim wrote: (...) You could simply ZIPP-up the .LOD files, provide a README to place them in DATA folder, and let the players 'manually' install them. Then you could make the class change .exe available for those who desire to try it. (...)
Just my opinion.
BDJ
Not only yours, am agree with that BTW am also have feeling about trojan here so already i dont touch this mod

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Jan 2009, 01:40

im downloading it and are going to try it right now.. dont you have any updated files so that it will be easier installing and not having trouble with game experience!?

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 14 Jan 2009, 22:01

i found sth wrong with this guy:

and this guy:

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Jan 2009, 11:32

Help me, i can not download from the link which moder provided. When i clicked on that link it appeared on nothing bad request.

PMT

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 19 Jan 2009, 14:14

phamlongtuan wrote:Help me, i can not download from the link which moder provided. When i clicked on that link it appeared on nothing bad request.

PMT
Did you try both links provided? How about the asterix15 provided?
Your perception determines your experience.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Jan 2009, 20:32

DarthVadre wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:Help me, i can not download from the link which moder provided. When i clicked on that link it appeared on nothing bad request.

PMT
Did you try both links provided? How about the asterix15 provided?
Yes i did, however is somehow worse. 20KB/s and steady goes to 1KB/s and disconnected. It could be problem of my country, Vietnames. An southest country.

Anw, thanks for your help. I suggest a excellent website for uploading and downloading. It is www.mediafire.com

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

so... maestro mod uses mm7revmod1? but mm7revmodRevisionF is

Unread postby namad » 15 Feb 2009, 17:15

so... maestro mod uses mm7revmod1? but mm7revmodRevisionF is the most current?

so does maestro incorporate the latest big daddy updates? or does it not? i'm confused?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Feb 2009, 22:27

Yes it is. BDJ fixes it.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

i have 64bit xp

Unread postby namad » 16 Feb 2009, 12:25

is there some sorta chart for which new class can gm what? it's kindof a pain to have to create multiple parties and then learn every skill with all of them to compare what ranks each class can attain? or are all the gm'able skills for every class possible starting skills? (that might be true?)

if encounter bugs in this mod should i post about them in this thread or in the revmod thread? or other location? or not at all?

this is not the url you are looking for, move along

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Feb 2009, 18:52

- No any GM chart of new classes - noone needed it before.
- For any bugs there is Maestro MOD topic here. As I remember - BDJ's MOD do not have bugs =)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

is there anyway to play this mod in any resolution but 640x4

Unread postby namad » 16 Feb 2009, 19:23

is there anyway to play this mod in any resolution but 640x480?

i figure with the original exe having filesize 13kb mm7_new having size 990 and the mm7for fixed resolution mod having size 40kb that...theres like no way to use it to edit resolution or... am i confused? has anyone played mm7 with the new classes and a higher resolution ever?

NEW POST: (don't want to double post)

okay so ... are the combat mechanics the same in mm6,7,8? because... i read this guide http://www.angelfire.com/nt/bones/chance.html and according to this guide AC above 90 does absolutely nothing at all whatsoever... which is perfectly fine in a normal game where you only get up to 90ac near the end of the game... but... i think i got my barbarian to 90ac by the time i got off emerald island

although hopefully that combat mechanic formula is just totally wrong and crazy ac's up to 200 function

although i worry that might may have been buffed a bit too much with some statically placed items... the biggest problem isn't really balance so much as bordem the example of the guy who played 85% of the game with a single weapon... if your going to start off the game giving players weapons that often then at some point reasonably soon you have to just make weapons of that quality drop all over the place?? but yeah... i'm having tons of fun and all the bugs i've encounted i believe have been caused by windowsxp and were technical in nature

bug:

game start screen says that barbarians cannot use heavy armor. however the only class which can gm heavy armor is in fact barbarians! and heavy armor cannot be learned on emerald isle so this is hard to discover and quite confusing for new players to the mod either the skills should be changed or the description

bug or feature: donating for buffs doesn't work anymore the noise still functions but no buffs are ever given

bug: i cannot equip a javelin without first unequipping my sword/shield even though i can equip the javelin first and then reequip the sword shield no problems ALSO the javelin does not benefit at all from the spear skill bonuses making it difficult to raise attack bonus early on

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

what do i have to do to advance the plot?

Unread postby namad » 18 Feb 2009, 20:50

what do i have to do to advance the plot?

i got my castle repaired then i trained to pass time and then i got the trumpet.. then i went and did my promotions first rank... then i trained some more to pass time... but neither the humans nor the elves have sent for me again and i have no idea how to advance the plot! the storyline is a lot different than in the basic game so i'm not really sure what needs to happen to trigger more of the main storyline

odd but turning off the game and starting it back up got me the next messanger
Last edited by namad on 20 Feb 2009, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Feb 2009, 07:22

Barbarians cannot learn Plate skill.
Now the only GM in Plate are Paladins.

Anyway barbarians has got a lot of HP. And in light armors they will attack better.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

i downloaded the installation from the first page

Unread postby namad » 19 Feb 2009, 16:33

i downloaded the installation from the first page, then installed it, then used a lab computer to patch the exe

my barbarian can GM heavy armor

hence a bug... i'm quite surprised if your version of the game is different but i guess its possible my patching process ended up incorrect ... also my paladin CANNOT gm heavy armor

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Feb 2009, 06:49

Try to patch twice.
It is a special ability of the patcher. If you run it first - it will ask you about reading the instructions...second time it should to patch.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 27 Feb 2009, 14:38

vladimir-maestro wrote:Try to patch twice.
It is a special ability of the patcher. If you run it first - it will ask you about reading the instructions...second time it should to patch.
Please help Vldimir, i can not finish the harmodale first quest (clear the castle). I even do not know why.

It appear a yellow caution for my charters. Some noise such as rat all around the castle. But i can not find these monster 8| . I took me 10 hours just for this very first quest :ill:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

SPOILER

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 27 Feb 2009, 15:33

phamlongtuan wrote:
Please help Vldimir, i can not finish the harmodale first quest (clear the castle). I even do not know why.

It appear a yellow caution for my charters. Some noise such as rat all around the castle. But i can not find these monster 8| . I took me 10 hours just for this very first quest :ill:
You must clear both floors of crreatures. Look for a Blue Torch to gain access to the second floor.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: SPOILER

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 27 Feb 2009, 15:54

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:

You must clear both floors of crreatures. Look for a Blue Torch to gain access to the second floor.

BDJ
Thank you. Does this is a new think? That was long time from the last time i play this game. I'm mainly on MM6. Maestrod was amazing and i should take a shot :hoo:

Thank BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: SPOILER

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 27 Feb 2009, 16:09

phamlongtuan wrote:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote: Please help Vldimir, i can not finish the harmodale first quest (clear the castle). I even do not know why.

BDJ
Thank you. Does this is a new think? That was long time from the last time i play this game. I'm mainly on MM6. Maestrod was amazing and i should take a shot :hoo:

Thank BDJ
It is 'new'. It was an addition to the game put into the original Rev4 mod that Vladimir used as the basis for his mod.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Feb 2010, 21:40

Here's a script that lets you play Maestro Mod with my patch. Install Maestro Mod, my patch, MM7Extension and extract this archive into the game directory:
http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... ects=0&d=1
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”