Questions about Maestro Mod(s)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
mortification8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Questions about Maestro Mod(s)

Unread postby mortification8 » 13 Dec 2008, 22:15

Sorry but I have a few dumb questions. I have searched through the threads and can't find these answers.

1. I have played the BDJ Rev4 Mod for MM7. Is the Maestro Mod for MM7 different?

2. Where to download Maestro Mod for MM7. Where to download all patches. Do patches need to be applied in order. Are there instructions in English for all of above.

3. Is Maestro MM6 mod ready for download or still work in progress?

4. Any other mods such as MM8, etc. worth downloading? By people other than BDJ or Maestro?

I would suggest a sticky with this kind of basic information? Also a mention on the main CH WWW site - the Maestro Mod MM7 seems worthy.

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb questions.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Re: Questions about Maestro Mod(s)

Unread postby bungleau » 14 Dec 2008, 02:37

No dumb questions here, as far as I can see... ;)
mortification8 wrote:Sorry but I have a few dumb questions. I have searched through the threads and can't find these answers.

1. I have played the BDJ Rev4 Mod for MM7. Is the Maestro Mod for MM7 different?
The Maestro Mod is an additional enhancement to the BDJ mod, aka Rev4 Mod.

2. Where to download Maestro Mod for MM7. Where to download all patches. Do patches need to be applied in order. Are there instructions in English for all of above.
There's a link 'round these parts, and I'll see if I can find it. He's about to release a final package, so you may want to wait a couple of days for it.

Less than a work in progress... he's getting started somewhere in 2009 :D

4. Any other mods such as MM8, etc. worth downloading? By people other than BDJ or Maestro?
No answer for you here... others are working on them, but the BDJ/Maestro MM7 mods are the farthest along I've seen. 'Course, I'm relatively new around these parts, so there may be other things available...

I would suggest a sticky with this kind of basic information? Also a mention on the main CH WWW site - the Maestro Mod MM7 seems worthy.
I concur... once things settle down, I think it should at least be added to the walkthrough.

Like I said... good questions, all. ;)
Last edited by bungleau on 14 Dec 2008, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 14 Dec 2008, 04:04

When Maestro releases the final package of his mod it will be available to download from my website.
Your perception determines your experience.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 14 Dec 2008, 08:00

Maestro MOD v2.7 is ready!
But me and BDJ preparing some gifts for you and need some time to get it all work.

I can't say what it would be but you will like it, really like ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 14 Dec 2008, 13:41

vladimir-maestro wrote:Maestro MOD v2.7 is ready!
But me and BDJ preparing some gifts for you and need some time to get it all work.

I can't say what it would be but you will like it, really like ;|
Yeah, Vldimir came up with some really KOOL ideas, so I thought I'd help him implement them by modifyning a couple of game databases and coding up what was necessary. This is now complete, and, once The Maestro validates/play tests the changes, he'll be ready to release v2.7 at his leisure.

Neato! Peachie Keen! Radical!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Questions about Maestro Mod(s)

Unread postby BMJedi » 14 Dec 2008, 16:02

bungleau wrote:No dumb questions here, as far as I can see... ;)
mortification8 wrote:Sorry but I have a few dumb questions. I have searched through the threads and can't find these answers.

The Maestro Mod is an additional enhancement to the BDJ mod, aka Rev4 Mod.

There's a link 'round these parts, and I'll see if I can find it. He's about to release a final package, so you may want to wait a couple of days for it.

Less than a work in progress... he's getting started somewhere in 2009 :D

No answer for you here... others are working on them, but the BDJ/Maestro MM7 mods are the farthest along I've seen. 'Course, I'm relatively new around these parts, so there may be other things available...

I concur... once things settle down, I think it should at least be added to the walkthrough.

Like I said... good questions, all. ;)
For all the people like me for whom yellow is virtually invisible on their computer.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 14 Dec 2008, 19:29

Point taken. How's blue?
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

mortification8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mortification8 » 15 Dec 2008, 02:39

First of all thanks for the answers. I can wait a few days for the final package while I am working on the BDJ Rev4 mod playthough - two archers and two druids this time (very tough so far at the high end).

What can I say, this will be the best X-mas present I've had in years. Even if for some reason it comes out after X-mas.

One suggestion I've thought about, maybe this is covered already. But I like to play druids only they are too weak. They are treated as hybrid spellcasters when in reality they are pure casters. I think they should be improved as follows. Allow GM in Elemental and Self magic. Do not allow Light or Dark at all (as it is now). Perhaps in exchange you could tone down the combat skills to make it the weakest combat character.

I like the idea of an all-around magic character but not having access to anything past Master level makes them almost unplayable. The only reason to pick one is to get GM alchemy, and it sounds like that is changed in the Maestro Mod anyway with the addition of alchemist race.

So that's my one suggestion.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 10:33

v2.7 completed!
http://rapidshare.com/files/173520456/M ... D_v2.7.exe
All v2.6b + patches are deleted!!!
Do not forget to look in site for fresh v2.7 patches if they will ever occure.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Dec 2008, 12:20

Boy, you're off to a great start!
I loaded the patch and and crashed as soon as I loaded the save game!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 12:43

Some events files vere decoded by BDJ.
So any saved game now will occure problems.

You should install v2.7 MOD, DELETE all previous saved games and DELETE file - new.lod

After all this actions - you will not crash in any places (I hope so).
When I tested new Maestro Quest - I didn't get correct results because I uses old saved games! After redone this - result was succesful!!

The same warning you might heard when try to download BDJ's MOD!
Every MOD modify existing game files!
- If it is graphic only - they won't affect the game! You can use your saved games.
- if tis events - game might even crushes! Imagine! Saved game try to use old DATA, when MOD has got new DATA -> They will confrontate!

Adwise: Try to save your games before entering new areas! If there are some bugs - game will save "buggy" version! But if you reload before entering this area - bugs won't be saved (before you enters the buggy area).
That way new patch will fix problem with no affect your saved game.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Dec 2008, 14:39

@vladimir

Can you post more details what is needed for installing your mod: is BDJ mod requeried, what I need delete (I see that new.lod file), and so on.

I downloading it now, so I don't know what is in readme.

EDIT:
No, I don't downloading. I must wait "a horde of minutes" to download limit.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Dec 2008, 16:15

Vladimir,

Glad that the 2.7 version is finally up and running!

There are bandwidth problems at the download site. I'd suggest that you contact DarthVadre and see if he can host the mod. This will reduce wait times for download.

Just a suggestion!

BD
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 16:57

I can repack in in smaller rar-archives.
I hope it will reduce waiting time.
?

Hmm...When I clic the link - waiting time was 66 seconds =\
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 17:02

Avonu wrote:@vladimir
Can you post more details what is needed for installing your mod: is BDJ mod requeried, what I need delete (I see that new.lod file), and so on.
You only need original MM7 game. MOD based on BDJ's MOD and you will get 2 in one.

If you wish - you can delete icons, sprites, events, games LOD files.
------------------
MOD is fully correct if The Maestro welcomes you on Emerald Island at the begining. If you have only welcome message from BDJ - something went wrong during installation (probably file events.lod).
------------------
Also you can install MOD into another folder and simple copy files into your MM7 game. Do not forget to run NEW_Class for new classes. ;)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Dec 2008, 17:19

Thanks for clarification - I needed these information to post some info about this mod and old rule says: Post it that even idiot can read/install, so other persons wont have any problems. :P

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 18:13

:-D :D
Installation for dummies, I guess :creative: ;|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 15 Dec 2008, 18:35

There aren't any problems with the bandwidth, as I downloaded it in half/hour(178mb :-D )
Soon I'll start and I'll finish it :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Dec 2008, 20:59

Storm-giant wrote:There aren't any problems with the bandwidth, as I downloaded it in half/hour(178mb :-D )
Soon I'll start and I'll finish it :)
That's great!

Unfortunately, I've tried to download rev2.7 twice, and the download speed rapidly dropped to under 32kbytes ... requiring 90 minutes to 2 hours for the download!

So there's nothing rapid about RapidShare from my experience!

Vladimir, could you ZIP this mod up and place it onto another site? When I can download it in under 30 minutes, then I will. Otherwise, I'll just move onto playing my next game (probably Dodd The Slayer's Wiz 8 mod).

For what it is worth.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Dec 2008, 21:38

Dodd's mod are pretty good!
I think Flamestryke's are still my favs though.

Return to “Might and Magic”