ALL MODDERS READ!!Major untapped modding potental for MM9

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

das_motor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: ALL MODDERS READ!!Major untapped modding potental for MM9

Postby das_motor » May 18 2020, 0:11

Hello everyone! I know that mm9 is not very popular compared to previous versions, but for me it remains one of the best rpg!
I tried to modify it a little using the tools presented here
but what this game really needs is imxo support for a wide screen. Unfortunately, the game’s game interface remains fixed 800 * 600 and the .TXT file in the INTERFACESCREENS folder seems to have nothing to control, you need someone who understands disassembly to change the main exe file.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby GrayFace » May 18 2020, 0:25

das_motor wrote:but what this game really needs is imxo support for a wide screen. Unfortunately, the game’s game interface remains fixed 800 * 600 and the .TXT file in the INTERFACESCREENS folder seems to have nothing to control, you need someone who understands disassembly to change the main exe file.

Try applying dgVoodoo to it and tinkering with setup. It might help. Though, the best it can do with games is 4:3 in a better resolution.
Last edited by GrayFace on May 18 2020, 0:26, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

das_motor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby das_motor » May 18 2020, 3:22

GrayFace wrote:Try applying dgVoodoo to it and tinkering with setup. It might help. Though, the best it can do with games is 4:3 in a better resolution.

Thanks! dgVoodoo is certainly a cool thing if there is a 4: 3 monitor, then the old game looks good in high resolution, but in a wide format, the game either gives out black bars at the edges, or stretches out of proportion. (
Last edited by das_motor on May 18 2020, 3:24, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”