Maestro's MM6 MOD

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Dec 2008, 21:41

Is it possible to have the "always run" option in MM6, the same as MM7?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 22:00

only with v1.3 by MOK
there are more options avable with it like no turn after exit house e.t.c.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 15 Dec 2008, 22:15

In M&MVI you can't choose your own controls right?It would be a good addition to be able to choose controls, imo.
Great to hear that you plan to do another MOD, people like you keep the good old games alive :hail:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Dec 2008, 19:27

The fact about MODding:

It is a little bit pity but graphic MODs probably won't go like addons to other MODs.
If someone changes graphic of some stuff - person need to change this item' name and descriptin. Maybe coordinates should be replaced too.

Thats why I cannot create separated MOD from BDJ's MOD! If I used old DATA for items - there won't be all custom items in BDJ MOD and some qusted item too. So If you install mine stuff - you would ruin BDJ's MOD!
Thats why we have mutual MOD for now 8| (good this or not - you decide)
-------------------
The same thing I think will be with MM6 MOD. If someone produce interesting MM6 MOD with customs - mine items will ruin them...until I will reuse he's\she's DATA.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Dec 2008, 18:07

Some promos about MOD:

1st charecter has got strange sprite and frame -isn't he?
Experimenting with new "square" icon and "square" frame.
Here are leather armors:
Chain armors:
Plate armors:
Boots:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 18 Dec 2008, 18:35

DarthVadre wrote:Motter's MOD... I don't think I've heard of it before.
It's true, I am doing a mod, I started it a year ago, in all honesty I would be done by now but some real world commitments came up. For one about this time last year I was offered a chance to be in a full-contact MMA fight, something that's been on my "bucket list" for quite awhile and so I said let's do it, so for the next 9mnths or so I was totally living in the gym getting ready for this fight which was supposed to be last month, however in Sept I was working with my wrestling coach and severly tore a stomach muscle, which to say the least de-moralized me beyond words.

So basically I was forced to be a couch potato for the past few months because I could hardly sit up straight and I started reading some books at work on programming C++ and I have a game Rise of Nations that is coded pretty similar to C so I got "hooked" on modding that game and just yesterday finished a massive mod to the game which is posted at Rise of Nations heaven if any of you play that game and are interested.

But, I guess since I can't get back in the gym for quite awhile yet I'm going to get back to my MM6 mod, hopefully will have it done soon.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Dec 2008, 16:36

motter28218 wrote: It's true, I am doing a mod, I started it a year ago, in all honesty I would be done by now but some real world commitments came up. For one about this time last year I was offered a chance to be in a full-contact MMA fight, something that's been on my "bucket list" for quite awhile and so I said let's do it, so for the next 9mnths or so I was totally living in the gym getting ready for this fight which was supposed to be last month, however in Sept I was working with my wrestling coach and severly tore a stomach muscle, which to say the least de-moralized me beyond words.

But, I guess since I can't get back in the gym for quite awhile yet I'm going to get back to my MM6 mod, hopefully will have it done soon.
Matt,

Heal quickly and prepare well for your fight. MMA is a tough sport and demands your best!

In the meantime,

Mod-on, dude!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 19 Dec 2008, 19:48

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
motter28218 wrote: It's true, I am doing a mod, I started it a year ago, in all honesty I would be done by now but some real world commitments came up. For one about this time last year I was offered a chance to be in a full-contact MMA fight, something that's been on my "bucket list" for quite awhile and so I said let's do it, so for the next 9mnths or so I was totally living in the gym getting ready for this fight which was supposed to be last month, however in Sept I was working with my wrestling coach and severly tore a stomach muscle, which to say the least de-moralized me beyond words.

Matt,

Heal quickly and prepare well for your fight. MMA is a tough sport and demands your best!

In the meantime,

Mod-on, dude!

BDJ
Thanks for the support BDJ. Best of wishes on your continued health as well. Let me know what that weather's like when you get down south, we have knee deep snow here in Michigan.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Dec 2008, 15:16

Would it also be possible to have the inventory work the same as it does in MM7 in that it fills up from top left to bottom left and then moves right. Instead of it filling up across the top. I made for a lot more work that way.

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 21 Dec 2008, 01:30

Hey if you are going to replace some weapons, why not rename the skills as well. Make it seem like it's a completely different system with new skills, of course it will be the old ones renamed.

Oh, since the game already contains a blaster, could you add a lightsabre to go with it? :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Dec 2008, 08:35

light saber?
Should test it as well. I think that I knew how to do this but tests needed.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 23 Dec 2008, 11:15

Ok im not really sure what you said there...
A lightsabre is from star wars, the weapon of the jedi...if that was your question, or was it retorical?
By "test" do you mean changing skill names?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Dec 2008, 12:03

Stryfer wrote:A lightsabre is from star wars
It was also in Might and Magic 9 :D
Saber wrote:A more civilized weapon from a more civilized time.

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 23 Dec 2008, 23:33

Really? Where? 8|
I don't remember ever seeing one...

and..."for a more civilized age" :-D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Dec 2008, 10:20

Just read (again) MM9 saber description. ;)

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 24 Dec 2008, 21:56

Boy do I feel stupid now :baby:

Well, anyway, that was sort of a joke. The real suggestion was to change the skill names...I would love to see some ninja weapons in skills...or maybe a hybrid of sci-fi weaponry in a medival fantasy world?
Either way, i hope its possible maestro, and i cant wait to see what new visual wonders you will present :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Dec 2008, 22:18

It is possible but I didn't check ITEMS of MM6. If it will be possible - I will delete some 2handed weapons to extend the weaponaty of other possible weapons.

I'm planning to add new kind of weapon - "crystal ball" but didn't decide which weapon to change on them - staff or dagger.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Dec 2008, 14:26

I would also like to recommend the issue with the NPC's be fixed if possible. Like when you need the Stone Cutter and Carpenter, you have to dump your other NPC's.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Dec 2008, 14:39

If BDJ could do this!!
We planing to change promo quests too. Also wanted to change main storyline.

Interesting idea (about some story)...I'll PM BDJ with it...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 27 Dec 2008, 04:03

I consider losing the NPCs to be a normal part of the game. Can't have you getting *too* attached to them, can we?

In any case, I thought that quest was one of the best, game-wise. To become a higher priest, you must first find the holy chalice, then restore the temple. Sweet!
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Return to “Might and Magic”