The Legend of Erthia Tactics

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

What is your favorite class?

Knight
8%
Paladin
8%
Cleric
15%
Wizard
15%
Archer
8%
Druid
No votes
Necromancer
23%
Barbarian
15%
Ninja
8%
Monk
No votes

Total votes: 13

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 11 Dec 2008, 13:18

I have been a big fan of might and magic since MM6 came out. I haven't seen to many games these days to resemble its exciting game play. So what I wanted to do is create a fan game based on the same lore. I am also designing it to resemble the good old fashioned D&D graphics style. Keep the good old days alive!!!

Current Demo Build: 2.0
Version 3.0 coming soon!

Version 3 Demo will Feature:
- Over 3-5 hour's worth of gameplay
- Might and Magic like skill system
- An arena to gain combat experience and gold
- Several main battles
- Party arranger (Up to 18 heroes can be obtained in the game)
- Two complete cities.
- A few side quests

Plot:
The story begins in Felicia, a city that holds a dark secret. The king has sent four of his heroes to help defend the city against an invading enemy force. After resisting the invasion, the heroes set out on a journey to seek and destroy the one who caused the attack. As the story progresses, a lost secret slowly becomes resurrected.

Main Idea:
The game is strictly going to revolve around battles. Each battle will be long and challenging. The type of system I will be using is tactical based witch will resemble might and Magic like formulas. I have been working hard on implementing the skill and magic system. There are 10 classes (listed below). Most importantly, one of the best aspects of the game, the random treasure system. You have access to over 12000 weapons that can be found in the game. This is not including armor, shields, and helmets. The possibilities are endless. How it works is there is the main set of weapons that can be enchanted with bonuses such as: Longsword of Celestial Light, Axe of Infernos, or even Diamond Longsword of Thunderbolts. A lot of stuff!!! There are six different materials weapons and armor can be made with. to help increase defense and damage.

Any character can hold any weapon in the game, but it will be greatly effected on how well they will hit a creature. For instance, clerics trying to use a sword will usually miss because they cannot even train to the basic level of the swords skill. I didn't want to put on any weapon restrictions to try and keep realism in play.

As bonus, there are around 80 spells in the game that can be mastered. Some of the neat ones include:

Shock Armor: Defends against electrical based attacks, adds to armor class, and reflects damage back to enemies.

Gravity Distortion - Removes all weight restrictions and grants the entire party to fly. A very useful spell. It will allow you to wear the heaviest armor and use the weapons in the game and there is no wight penalty. Therefore, your chances of hitting an enemy increases.

Teleport - Allows the caster to teleport to a position on the battle map. Very useful when a mage is swarmed by strong creatures.

Mass Distortion - We all know what this spell does!!!

My personal favorite is Devastation. It is found in the life magic. The heavens send their celestial energies to the earth causing great damage to a large area of enemies. Be warned this is basically a last resort spell. It will deal a lot of damage to nearly all creatures on a map including everyone else but the caster.

As time progresses, there will be more skills added to the game as well as extra content.

Guide

Classes

Knight - Tough and brave, knights can wear any armor and master any weapon in the game. However, they cannot use magic.

Paladin - Wise and disciplined, Paladins are true holy warriors. They can use any weapon and wear any armor. Paladins are advanced users of life magic.

Cleric - Holy men who are dedicated to order. They can master life magic. Clerics are trained in maces and can wear armor up to chainmail.

Wizard - Are the masters of elemental magic. They can use death magic at a limited level. Wizards are trained to use staffs and daggers. They are restricted to leather armor.

Archer - Swift as an eagle, archers are the masters of ranged weapons. They can use a little elemental magic and wear armor up to chainmail.

Druid - Are able to learn both elemental and life magic to a limited level. They are mostly trained in staves and can only use leather armor.

Necromancer - Dreadful and wicked, necromancers are the masters of death magic. Like wizards and druids, they are mostly trained in staves and are limited to leather armor.

Barbarian - Mean and tough, Barbarians are the strongest class in the game. Although they are not to bright, they are extremely deadly with axes. They cannot use magic.

Ninja - Are the fastest class in the game. They do not wear armor but can use a limited amount of death magic. They are the masters when it comes to the dagger.

Monk - Are disciplined and skilled fighters. They are mostly trained to use maces and staves, and monks can wear armor up to chainmail. They are the masters when it comes to body building.

Regular Stats

Level - The total power level of the character.

Hits - The amount of points a character can take before he perishes.

Mana - The amount of points that can be used to cast spells.

Damage - The max total damage that a character will inflict in battle before any bonuses.

Armor Class - Decreases the chances of taking a hit from enemies in combat.

Resistance - Decreases the chances of being effected by spells in combat.

Might - Adds points to the max total damage.

Intelligence - Increases mana.

Speed - Increases the chances of hitting an enemy in combat with melee attacks.

Accuracy - Increases the chances of hitting an enemy in combat with ranged attacks.

Endurance - Increases hit points.

Wisdom - Helps add to the exp gained through combat.

Luck - Helps resist against traps and magic.

Weight - Lowers the chances of hitting and enemy in combat.

Experience - The total amount of experience gained from combat.

Skill Points - Are used to increase your skills.

Skills

Elemental Magic - Increases effectiveness of elemental magic spells.

Life Magic - Increases effectiveness of life magic spells.

Death Magic - Increases effectiveness of death magic spells.

Magery - Increases the power of healing and direct damage spells.

Swords - Effects how well you will hit enemies using swords.

Axes - Effects how well you will hit enemies using axes.

Daggers - Effects how well you will hit enemies using daggers.

Polearms - Effects how well you will hit enemies using polearms.

Maces - Effects how well you will hit enemies using maces.

Staves - Effects how well you will hit enemies using staves.

Bows - Effects how well you will hit enemies using bows.

Body Building - Adds extra life, endurance, and strength.

Meditation - Adds extra mana and intelligence.

Learning - Adds extra experience from battles and increases wisdom.

Dodging - Increases the chances of evading an attack in combat.

Last edited by legendoferthia on 30 Mar 2009, 16:05, edited 8 times in total.

Deyja

Re: The Legend of Erthia Tactics (Might and Magic Tactics)

Unread postby Deyja » 11 Dec 2008, 13:23

Nice reminds of the old days B-) :oex:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Dec 2008, 14:20

This looks good :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 11 Dec 2008, 14:57

This is just awesome :-D
The game looks fantastic, and it seems to be almost complete :hoo:
The ingame reminds me of The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past, but in turn-base system, and with so many items it will add lot of replayability
Great indeed :oex:

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 11 Dec 2008, 15:52

Thank you for the feedback. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can add to the game please feel free to post them. Is anyone interested in seeing a score system like in heroes of might and magic?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 11 Dec 2008, 16:33

Good progress on your game! Graphics look good, too, although personally, I'm not that interested in a third-person Pool of Radiance-like interface for an MM game. Perhaps more suited to HOMM?

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Dec 2008, 21:17

This is really amazing!! Please keep up the excellent work!

Will there be any features included for creating your own maps / characters? That would expand longevity a lot.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 14 Dec 2008, 04:43

The game I guess would be a cross between homm and mm. The engine I am using is Rpg Maker Xp with a lot of scripts. I spent a lot of time scripting all the parameters and skills. Once I am done with all the demos, I will release the entire game so that you can customize it based on your own tastes (Add more skills, change maps, even add to the random treasure system.) It will take a little time to understand what has been done with the scripts but as of now it will be worth learning it. As far as the game play goes, it is one of the closest spitting images your going to get of a might and magic fan game. I also have a character creation at the start of the game.

My goal in this project is to bring back the good old days of rpg gaming.

Thanks,

Return to “Might and Magic”