Starting M&M VII again

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 10 Dec 2008, 20:42

oooh, definitely want to do the sorcerer thing now!!

I usually take dwarves for high stamina.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 11 Dec 2008, 04:00

I usually go with the defaults except to swap the Knight with Paladin for extra healing. GM Alchemy is fun though.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 11 Dec 2008, 04:45

Other tricks:
Some monsters may have immute to magic, but earth magic made physical damage, in practice no one have defence agains magic. Result of most spells depend on skill points, when have 20-30 points even simple spell is deadly. Ofcourse when invest whole points to one skill you need four mages in four elements.

Remember where are magic fountains, wells and set here beacon spell, such places could help lot.

Elves are best, goblins are worst magic users (bonus and limit to intelect)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Dec 2008, 13:56

I think the best party would be Paladin/Thief/Cleric/Sorcerer, as the Thief tends to do more damage than the Knight anyway (although not as much as the Monk) and also has the handy utility skills. The Paladin is good enough at catching blows, especially since you also have a Thief and now you have a backup healer.

For a challenge.. hmm. How about Ranger solo game? Hardest game ever, I reckon..
koval321 wrote:Uh and when playing four sorciers team, whole healing (no matter poison, cursed, dead) can be solved by beacon and temple (teleport to temple, heal from everything and return) plus resting and hire two npc healers.
I dunno man, that tactic is pretty much needed to get through MM6, but in MM7 by the time you get Lloyd's Beacon most dungeons have some kind of fail-safe against it (like everything repawns if you leave).

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 12 Dec 2008, 09:36

Yes this style seem to be not perfect because one cleric could help in many situations. But as i mention four sorciers, each master in one element make so much damage that enemies even dont scratch you. Anyway healing may be solved in many ways: beacon to temple (and/or) magic wells, two npc healers, potions, rest, so its not really big problem.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 12 Dec 2008, 11:40

Alot of interesting things here.

I agree that ideal mix in party is Paladin/Thief/Cleric/Sorcerer. This group is pretty solid with some extra healing from Pala. However, part of four seem a bit dull, but I could and probably are wrong since I, by a matter of principal, refuse to play with it. Dunno, guess I'm old fashioned and like a little bit of diversity in the party.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Dec 2008, 01:30

I find the whole last one third or so of the game to be a total pain in the butt without Lloyd's Beacon.

Therefore, a Sorcerer is a must for me, or else the endgame stops being any fun. (ERrkrgh! Another fifteen minutes of playtime to manually get from here to there. Forget it, I'm playing something else.)

Likewise, the game stops being any fun for me without a Cleric to cast grandmaster Protection from Magic. (AUUUGH! I just got back here and he's instakilled three party members AGAIN! Forget the whole thing, I'm playing something else!!)

Return to “Might and Magic”