New Spells

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Would you like some new spells added in my mod?

Yes
77%
Yes only few 1or 2spells
23%
No
No votes

Total votes: 13

Deyja

New Spells

Unread postby Deyja » 09 Dec 2008, 15:18

Would you like some new spells added in my M&M ut mod?
If you say yes then wat type of spell?

Just wondering if people would like it ;|
Things from HMM for excample or older M&M1-5 or from M&M9 or somthing complete new.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Dec 2008, 15:35

New branches of skill:

1) Astral magic - protective magic concentrated on teleportation and have some combat usefull spells.

Examples:
Town portal
Monster teleportation - will teleport away from the monster (some metres)
Space transmition - teleport through closed doors, mountains, blocked ways.
Rift - banish a monster and had a chance to weak it when it comes back. Monster appear with some delay and some negative statuses.
Astral energy - combat spell (like inferno)
E.t.c.

2) Combat magic - not a magic indeed but a couple of skills for warriors. Magic for mages, combat for warriors. Each weapon should have some active skills (like race ability in MM8 but for weapon). Sword normal do not have any special moves, Expert can cast "strong slash" - +25%damage, Master can cast "Battle Swing" - attack all opponents near the caster...e.t.c

And all new moves for every possible weapon.

Solution about them - to give MANA to all charecters, or Give all charecters 3rd parameter - STAMINA that will use new combat moves.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 09 Dec 2008, 15:50

Sure if you can! :)
Not only new magic shools(which would add a lot of new possibilities and strategies) but also more spells(and maybe a fifth level if possible) to the old schools. Think, the more possibilities the higher chances of replaying and enjoying :-D

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 09 Dec 2008, 21:19

You should make Earth magic actually useful.
Your perception determines your experience.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 10 Dec 2008, 10:38

DarthVadre wrote:You should make Earth magic actually useful.
I beg to differ.

Although I agree that Earth Magic is the least useful of Elemental magicks, I hardly think it's useless. Let me tell you why:
Some time ago (years) me and my best buddy were playing M&M 7, he at his place with a party on the light side (Paladin, Cleric, Archer, Sorcerer) and me with my dark party of default members. While I was playing it a little longer then he, I was still at the awe from Titan's Stronghold and was afraid to go in there. At the same time he was equipping himself with strange artifacts I've never seen before in the game and all opposition quickly fell to his knees.
What was the catch? Earth Magic, of course.
I dunno, maybe most of you know this and I'm just making a wannabe smartass of myself, but the spell Rock Blast is the catch.
As most of you know, rock blast bounces of the walls and can return in your general direction if not careful. Since Titan's Stronghold is a vast and tall structure with lots of corners, this can be exploited. If you learn how to aim properly, you can kill Titan's behind the corners if you position yourself in the right manner. Another interesting thing is that the spell rock blast provokes little to no threat and so the guys don't react on being hit. Further more, if you fire the spell straight into the corridor and you don't see the Titan because of the distance you can still hit him if I remember correctly, if not, the corner thing works. Be sure to have some invisibility to pass the initial big open space into the corridors. It's just a matter of positioning oneself.

Again, I apologize if this is general knowledge, but am really new to the forums and haven't read all the info about the game. :)

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 10 Dec 2008, 13:46

DarthVadre wrote:You should make Earth magic actually useful.
I see wat you mean.

but i find.

M&M7
Telekinesis ussefull & saves time (but not much used becouse lack of chest's that where impossible too get too)except for the caves in Tularean Forest

Stone to Flesh ussefull
Stone Skin ussefull becouse it increase armor class
Blades did good Damage for low cost
Rock Blast as said before is good for corners hitting (also the Dark spell: poision cloud can do this)

Also M&M6
Turn to Stone was ussefull
Protection from Magic very ussefull!! in M&M7 its changed too body magic

but yes it could have been better vs other elemental spells but its more defensive & other then offensive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i think i goin too make MABY a Mode before you start the game
too let you choose wich spell list you prefer.
so i can make use a spell list on my own :devious:
Hmm its maby better for people who want too restarting the game over & over & have more ways too play it :devious:
But just as i said MABY depence if its possible too engineer it in with the right mechanisms. (for excample some spell books will become usseless too pay for ect. depends on mode)
But i DON't count on THIS !!!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 15 Dec 2008, 22:33

Yes.

Arcane Magic (damage and utility) school should replace Light or Dark (healing and buffing) for the Sorcerer. Lycantrophy (summoning and shapeshifting) Magic School (in between elemental schools and Arcane in power) should be given to Druid.

- Magic Arrow: costs 0 spell points. Automatically fired instead of bow shot. Only Sorcerer can learn this. Sorcerer cannot learn bow skill.
- Polarisation: Reverses gravity for party. Don't know if this is possible, but would be a really cool spell.
- Silence: stops all enemy spellcasting. (GM Arcane spell)

To balance the spell schools some more, you could:

- Make Fire Aura the GM Fire magic spell. Vampiric Weapon should be removed. Enchant Item no longer works on weapons. Fire Aura always gives you the best possible enchant in the game. Makes Fire Magic more useful once you've gotten to the better damaging magic schools in the game. As, right now, by the time you've finally GM'ed Fire Magic you'll be enjoying Incinerate only a little bit before you get better damaging spells from Light or Dark. Having Fire Aura as GM spell in Fire makes Grandmastering the skill more useful.
- Make Fly the GM Air magic spell. No explanation needed, right? Starburst can be thrown out, Meteor Shower is usually better anyway. You can add Levitate instead, as an Expert level spell (and move Jump to Master level). Levitate should be for floating over lava, and should not work for water (so as to keep Water Walking useful).
- Make Enchant Item the GM Water magic spell. Give it pretty good enchants, more variety than Fire Aura though so not always as useful. But it's balanced because Enchant Item works on alot more stuff than Fire Aura. Enchant Item should no longer work on weapons.. No more Vampiric Weapon spell.
- Make Telekenises the GM Earth spell. Plant some items around the world you can only get to with Telekenises. Put in some passages you can only open by using Telekenises on a lever you can't reach, etc.. Make it useful enough to be up to par with the others.
- Make Preservation the GM Spirit magic spell.
- Mind Magic is okay..
- Give Body Magic a GM spell that heals spell points as well, but does not heal the whole party and cannot be used on the caster.
- Light Magic is okay..
- Give Dark Magic Sacrifice as GM spell. Way better than Souldrinker imo..
- Fix Town Portal and Lloyd's Beacon (now a Master level spell) so they can't be used if enemies are nearby.
- Add Death's Grasp spell (stuns enemy creature and drags it in front of the caster) to replace Vampiric Weapon.

Return to “Might and Magic”