Any modder's here figure out how to change hostiles in MM6?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Any modder's here figure out how to change hostiles in MM6?

Unread postby motter28218 » 06 Dec 2008, 23:33

BDJ I'm looking your way mostly ha ha. But I know you've just been through alot so don't sweat it, but if anyone know's how could you let me know, I have "dissected" MM6 every which way with the Lvleditor, hex, and I can't find out how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Otter

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 06 Dec 2008, 23:53

I really don't know if that's possible, if its what I think you're asking. Peasants and Monsters don't react to each other in that game.
Your perception determines your experience.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 07 Dec 2008, 00:47

Matt,

I'm not sure that you can 'change alignments' globally in MM6, and, unfortunately, the Spawn Definition is only 14-bytes in length, so you cannot control Creature Aligments by assigning a unique Group Number.

However, non-spawned creatures (in .dlv and .ddm databases) can be somewhat controlled via the Hostile Type parameter (set to '4' for Hostile) and alliances can be formed using the Summoner ID parameter (I think??).

So if you want to 'control' creature alignments in MM6, you might have to delete the Spawn Points, add each individual monster as a 'creature' in the appropriate .dlv/.dvm database, and control them from these databases. This would be a mammoth task!

If you discover an easier way to do this (other than .exe modification), let me know.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;|

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 07 Dec 2008, 02:18

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Matt,

I'm not sure that you can 'change alignments' globally in MM6, and, unfortunately, the Spawn Definition is only 14-bytes in length, so you cannot control Creature Aligments by assigning a unique Group Number.

However, non-spawned creatures (in .dlv and .ddm databases) can be somewhat controlled via the Hostile Type parameter (set to '4' for Hostile) and alliances can be formed using the Summoner ID parameter (I think??).

So if you want to 'control' creature alignments in MM6, you might have to delete the Spawn Points, add each individual monster as a 'creature' in the appropriate .dlv/.dvm database, and control them from these databases. This would be a mammoth task!

If you discover an easier way to do this (other than .exe modification), let me know.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;|

BDJ
Thanks for the input, yeah I figured that was the only way but was hoping there was any easier way, well, time isn't a big issue for me as I have lot's of it at my job, so guess I'll just have to start doing them one by one. Will keep trying to find something easier, if I do I'll let you, and anyone who's interested know. Thanks again and hope things are going well for you.

Otter

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Dec 2008, 11:43

How is your MM6 MOD works going on?
Is the finish near?
Maybe some screens? :)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 07 Dec 2008, 14:50

motter28218 wrote:

Thanks for the input, yeah I figured that was the only way but was hoping there was any easier way, well, time isn't a big issue for me as I have lot's of it at my job, so guess I'll just have to start doing them one by one. Will keep trying to find something easier, if I do I'll let you, and anyone who's interested know. Thanks again and hope things are going well for you.

Otter
Matt,

There may be an easier way to do this. I'll send ya an email with the idea.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 12 Dec 2008, 22:53

vladimir-maestro wrote:How is your MM6 MOD works going on?
Is the finish near?
Maybe some screens? :)
Hey Vladimir, didn't mean to take so long getting back to you, honestly my mod is "done" as far as what I could legally make available to the forum, however my full mod requires .exe editing which I understand violates copyright laws so unfortunately I can't put my mod out there for download. If you want to have my "legal" version I would be happy to E-mail you the files but really all it contains is some dungeons moved around, some monster's that are more powerful and in different places, all relics and artifacts are made available by completing certain quests or killing certain monsters.

Great Job on your mod by the way, your graphics are incredible. Wish I knew how to do that stuff.

Return to “Might and Magic”