Hmm dragon qeastion

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Dragons as a playable character?

yes
52%
no
48%

Total votes: 21

Deyja

Hmm dragon qeastion

Unread postby Deyja » 05 Dec 2008, 21:13

Dragons as a playable character?
lol DracoLich, DracoZombie, Mummy Dragon, Dragon ect.

Reason i make this poll is becouse some people asked me too have dragons as playable character still i am sceptical about it. in my moddie

--------
Also listen too the bunny ^^

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 05 Dec 2008, 21:17

Voted yes.
I little of tweaking the damage(compared with M&M8) and should be fine. :)

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 05 Dec 2008, 21:20

If you don't have Lizardmen or Drakes as player characters, then way "Yes!" to dragons. The dragons in MM8 were too powerful, however. I'd rebalance them to the same overall strength level of the other classes. You could justify this by claiming they were very young dragons.

As a side note, if you're thinking about Minotaurs as well, they need to be a bit stronger than MM8 had them--those Minotaurs were the weakest class in my opinion, but I played them anyway because I loved them so much.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 05 Dec 2008, 21:25

I do not think that dragon is a good idea.
Draons always were very strong charecters...even in MM8 all game with 1 dragon can be solved - they stack damage\srmor from Dragon Skill.

I think it will be overpowered charecter.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 05 Dec 2008, 21:27

vladimir-maestro wrote:I do not think that dragon is a good idea.
Draons always were very strong charecters...even in MM8 all game with 1 dragon can be solved - they stack damage\srmor from Dragon Skill.

I think it will be overpowered charecter.
It will not be as easy as in M&M8 i can promise you still i agree in M&M8 you normaly did solo with them

but still the fans decide if it will be in. also if others would like a NEW playable caracter for 100% just post :D

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 06 Dec 2008, 00:38

Of course dragons were overpowered. Thank God 3DO didn't cut their power down! IMO making a dragon as strong as a human character is pure stupidity, even if it's for game balance.
I still voted yes, because playing a dragon is freakin awesome! It could be the "easy-game" new players are looking for or those who don't care much for challange, while playing without one would make the game harder.
After all MM8 doesnt force you to play a dragon, since all of its skills can be covered by other classes.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 06 Dec 2008, 04:12

Definately.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 06 Dec 2008, 12:10

I voted yes since you could just make a dragon hybrid or something. Then it can't use the fire attack often. Or you could just give it only the Dragon Fire Blast ability and not its normal attack. That would rebalance the character enough for me.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Dec 2008, 16:00

I would try to make it the strongest character, but have it only be allowed as a solo character.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 06 Dec 2008, 17:39

DaveO wrote:I voted yes since you could just make a dragon hybrid or something. Then it can't use the fire attack often. Or you could just give it only the Dragon Fire Blast ability and not its normal attack. That would rebalance the character enough for me.
great idea (Then it can't use the fire attack often.) :creative:
so if the dragon will be in as playable caracter (depends on the poll) i will make some type of penalty for it as a secondary weapon (long cooldown or warm-up, sp drop(still it isn a spell) or a combination hmm but get better when promoted & skill is upgraded ;| ) :devious:

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 06 Dec 2008, 18:49

The problem I always saw was dragons were creatures. Might and Magic 8 made them intelligent beings. I still don't think dragons should be playable.
Your perception determines your experience.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 06 Dec 2008, 23:30

Well, to me it's a simple yes only because player's have the choice to use them or not, if you feel Dragon's are "cheating", just don't use them, it's not like it's forced on you or anything.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 07 Dec 2008, 14:20

Voted no (don't beat me!).
Not that dragons are bad characters, far from this. But if you choose to implement dragons, it may force you to remove another race. The main problem with dragons IMO was the fact they couldn't use any piece of armor or weapon, so you never have to clear an Air Elemental outpost or an army of Titan to find some über-artefacts for them. Dragons dicrease the will to look for items, and consequently, the will to play.

Anyway, if you think you can add for example ONE dragon as hireling, why not, that would be good indeed.

I'm sure having lizardmen will be good enough!

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 08 Dec 2008, 15:39

I think just because the MM8 Dragons were over-powered (and you could always, like someone said, not use them) doesn't mean that they are forced to be over-powered and that they shouldn't be. The point of mods is to change stuff so the modder can always balance dragons out to make it fair.

Sentient dragons are cooler than non-sentient ones anyways, in my opinion.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Return to “Might and Magic”