Difficulty Levels from Easy to Hard

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
readnow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Difficulty Levels from Easy to Hard

Unread postby readnow » 01 Dec 2008, 03:45

Sorry if this has been overly discussed in the past. Please ignore if it has.
Can this game be made with different difficulty levels that you can select each time you play the game?
Many games have this option and I for one love it. I am on the easy level for most games and couldn't play them if they were too hard. But many are able to do a much more challenging game.

Can you do this for us? Or is it on a hard difficulty designing level that
you will not be able to do?

Thanks for all this and I very much hope this will happen soon!
I loved MM6 & 7 & 8 very much! I needed a lot of "help" to play them but I did it. (Yes, I am an adult) MM9 and Dark Messiah were disappointing to say the least.

PS: Is this going to be an Open-Source game? I hope you get paid well for all this; monetarily I mean. This is a tremendous task to take on.
I just discovered this website tonight while trying to find a patch for MM9.
As if all it needs is a patch. ;-)

readnow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sorry...this was for MM 10 coming out!

Unread postby readnow » 01 Dec 2008, 03:51

I posted my Game difficulty level question in wrong place I guess.
Should have done it in the MM 10 topic thread.
Oh well...........

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Dec 2008, 05:21

Oh boy, hmm where to start..

This is a fansite, so none of the people on this forum are directly affiliated with anyone who created any of the Might and Magic games. Furter, the company that created the Might and Magic games (New World Computing) has gone bankrupt.
The license to "Might and Magic" is now in the hands of Ubisoft, who used it to create Heroes of Might and Magic 5, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

So, for any "official" game in the "original" Might and Magic series (= like MM1-9, and not Heroes of MM or Dark Messiah of MM) , keep your eyes peeled on Ubisoft. There is, however, not much chance for that, and many people seem to think they wouldn't do very well at making it.

In the meanwhile, there are the fan projects. There are mods to Might and Magic 6-8 (mainly mods of MM7). I believe there's also some projects to recreate certain parts (or an entire game?) in a better graphics engine...

There's also the Might and Magic 10 project, which you mentioned, which uses the engine, gamefiles and code from MM6-8 to create a completely new game (with, however, the same old graphics).

I hope I explained it all well enough, otherwise someone else feel free to help me out here.

As a sidenote - I must say I also really missed difficulty levels in the Might and Magic games..

readnow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thank you!

Unread postby readnow » 01 Dec 2008, 17:16

I dont care what it looks like...as long is no worse than the others.
I will keep my eye on their project...
Thanks........

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Dec 2008, 22:52

We intend to make a MM game that will be similar to 6 through 8. Quality is what we want to make, just like the old games...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Dec 2008, 09:03

This can be done as stand-alone program or set of .bat-files to change the difficulty. It would be really easy to do. For MM6 and MM8 I'll need monsters.txt with english monsters names to do this.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 02 Dec 2008, 18:56

If you get the MM8lvl editor you can modify the strength of monsters as well as how many of them show up on the map, or even if they show up at all. Using that editor takes a little bit of practice, I would say download one of the save game editors which all have a real simple GUI interface and allow you to modify your party's stats to whatever level you feel makes the game as hard or as easy as you want.

Return to “Might and Magic”