old one or Ashan?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

which do you like best

new world computing M&M universe
96%
Ubisoft's Ashan
4%

Total votes: 24

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

old one or Ashan?

Unread postby pirvix » 21 Nov 2008, 18:59

I would just like to know in which universe do people like best? Ashan, the new ''mature''(as Ubi says) LOTR like universe, or the old new world computing Might and Magic?

I myself think, that the old one attracts me more than Ashan, because it's unique(sci-fi and fantasy crossover), is incredibly giant with lots of things to explore and has this incredible feeling of simplicity (Sure valla has giant blasters :D BAM BOW PEOW ZINN ZINN CHIOU WHABAM!) but is really enjoyable (no idea why....)

How do you like them apples ''mature'' Ashan! (no offence to those who like it........ :devil: )

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 21 Nov 2008, 19:19

Voted for old NWC M&M universe. NWC created a quite new world, while Ashan has many similarities with D&D, for example(the dark elves race is an example). Also, Heroes 3 is a game that still get me addict, not matter how many years have passed since it sold out... Ashan is a good world, but It isn't NWc world, the blasters fit in game, I miss them.
Finally, feel nostalgic when I see a screenshot of Heroes II, I'm thinking on installing again :oex:

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 21 Nov 2008, 19:56

Ashan's fine, but it really doesn't fit under the Might and Magic title.
Hmm... maybe I should buy Might and Magic from Ubisoft... that wouldn't be too hard... just need to build up a few million USD and I'll be on a way. Give me 10 years (2018) and I'll see what I can do in the meantime.
Your perception determines your experience.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 21 Nov 2008, 22:10

LOL, what kind of idiot would ever choose Ashan over the old universe? Ashan is complete standard fantasy fare, no surprises, nothing special. Doesn't even have an own identity imo.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 21 Nov 2008, 22:31

Ashan is cliched fantasy with no unique identity whatsoever. It doesn't help that the campaigns for Heroes V all have terrible stories anyways.

However, you have to remember that NWC was destroying its own universe as well. After the Forge fiasco they decided to dump the Sci fi stuff and instead we got the unoriginal and unbalanced Conflux.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 21 Nov 2008, 23:09

This has been debated and discussed several times before on each Might and Magic-based forum. Opinions differ but the ultimate consensus was the same almost everywhere - I guess it speaks for itself here.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether it matters at this stage.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Nov 2008, 00:42

Ashan has 0 votes, what a suprise :devious: ...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 22 Nov 2008, 03:27

NWC's ofc. Is the original, need to say more?
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 22 Nov 2008, 15:25

Ashan is cliche and the storylines of its games are based on the plot-elements plagiated from WarCraft and Disciples.

Old universe is interesting and original.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 22 Nov 2008, 21:33

Deadguy118 wrote:However, you have to remember that NWC was destroying its own universe as well. After the Forge fiasco they decided to dump the Sci fi stuff and instead we got the unoriginal and unbalanced Conflux.
Hmm, yes. They should've just made the Conflux units neutrals and added a renegade humans town or something.. But you have to admit it's hard to think of something to add as they had pretty much nailed it with HoMM 3.

But yeah.. Forge would have been bad too :(
Don't get me wrong, I love the sci fi stuff in M&M, but it would have ruined the Heroes series.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 22 Nov 2008, 23:28

Macros the Black wrote:
Deadguy118 wrote:However, you have to remember that NWC was destroying its own universe as well. After the Forge fiasco they decided to dump the Sci fi stuff and instead we got the unoriginal and unbalanced Conflux.
Hmm, yes. They should've just made the Conflux units neutrals and added a renegade humans town or something.. But you have to admit it's hard to think of something to add as they had pretty much nailed it with HoMM 3.

But yeah.. Forge would have been bad too :(
Don't get me wrong, I love the sci fi stuff in M&M, but it would have ruined the Heroes series.
Hmm in my opinion both had could happend
The Conflux town story (as it did)+
The Force as seen in the Force mod disign story
So both story's could be basiccally be implemented without destroying the lore

The only thing that borther me is the part of the swords(Armongadon blade & sword of frost) clash & destroying(burning) the world down a bit.

-----------------------------

Thats the only 2 parts i HATE is that of the swords & that people voting for Ashan WTF

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Nov 2008, 01:24

Only one person voted for Ashan. As for the swords, I think there's something more to it than that. If you remember in MM8, the ending video the Destroyer says to the little robot thingy to report his failure to the Ancients or something like that. It comes down to "time for plan B" IIRC.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 23 Nov 2008, 02:06

Macros the Black wrote:Only one person voted for Ashan. As for the swords, I think there's something more to it than that. If you remember in MM8, the ending video the Destroyer says to the little robot thingy to report his failure to the Ancients or something like that. It comes down to "time for plan B" IIRC.
I know that very well/ one word : Elemental manipulation / & some other stuff (that i not goin too spoil)
but i mean that it was destroyed at all

Still a there is a way too get The old world back after armongadon blade or even after HMM4 story *spoiler* (You know wat i mean Lord Corlagon :devious: )

Return to “Might and Magic”