Progress through Maestro's Mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Dec 2008, 00:41

What do y'all mean by peasant party?

I'm playing MM6 with 4 clerics with no bows. Only using harm for ranged attack. Going pretty good so far.. Lvl6

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 26 Dec 2008, 03:30

On the MM boards from days gone by, some folks (Kalravoia, apparently, since I don't remember well enough ;) ) created games with a peasant party.

What makes a peasant party?

Simple. You start with absolutely nothing.

No gold.

No equipment.

No skills.

No attributes (all attributes are zero!)

No level (yes, you're level zero!)

No *NOTHING*

Makes the start of the game much, much harder... the middle harder... I think that by the end, it ends up about the same, but it's a much harder challenge to get there.

Digging around, I found my MM6 credentials here:

You can download one of the peasant games here:

http://users.icnet.net/~klar/MISC/MODs.html

*NOT* for the faint of heart... it's bloody near impossible!
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 26 Dec 2008, 03:35

BTW, I'm running into a glitch in Deyja. Whenever I try to access inventory, the game crashes. Ir's the third time I've been there (first two were for the courier quests)... haven't wiped out all the beasties, although I'm sure I will soon.

Don't think I'm at the latest patch yet...
*B*

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Dec 2008, 14:25

bungleau wrote:BTW, I'm running into a glitch in Deyja. Whenever I try to access inventory, the game crashes. Ir's the third time I've been there (first two were for the courier quests)... haven't wiped out all the beasties, although I'm sure I will soon.

Don't think I'm at the latest patch yet...
..might be worth replacing the audio file, if you have not done so. It seems to have several problems.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 27 Dec 2008, 06:20

Original audio file didn't help. I can open inventory in the hall of the pit, but not in Deyja.

I'll check for the latest patch tomorrow... gotta get some sleep tonight :)
*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 27 Dec 2008, 08:16

there is no patch for that. Do not know what is the problem =(
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 29 Dec 2008, 00:13

Just found a second "Slayer" spear (one in dragon cave on Emerald Isle, one in the Coding Wizard's Fortress). Shouldn't there be only one per game?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Dec 2008, 01:47

No HH, there can be multiples of the same thing. There's no reason why you can't get them from Dragons and the higher level Titans.

Just-J
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Just-J » 02 Jan 2009, 22:32

I have a little problem Maestro, the key for the Harmondale Teleport Hub to teleport to Emerald Island (where alot of the trainers are) won't teleport me, it just says "you need a key to use..." but if I use the ones for avlee, bracada etc it takes me there instantly. Any thoughts? Oh yeah, in case i havent said so, i really like the mod, it gives me a whole new incentive to play the game, and sincerley thank you, BDJ and Maestro for your efforts..

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jan 2009, 22:38

The Emerald Island key only works on the teleporter in Bracada across from the staples. Use the Bracada key to get there, then put the EI key into the inventory of the first person and step on the teleporter.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Success

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 11 Jan 2009, 03:32

I finished it! Ah ha ha haaaaa... :D

I can't post my victory certificate like BDJ did because I have no way to upload it. Anyways, I completed all the quests except the Trumpet and the second part of Maestro's Quest (I didn't want the promised reward ;) ). The hardest thing by far was the Test of Friendship, which took me somewhere between 5-10 attempts (I lost count) before I succeeded.

The only software problem I encountered was in the Pit, where the game frequently crashed when I tried to cast a spell or access a character's inventory. Switching from software to hardware acceleration seemed to fix the problem.

Now to play again with a *weak* party...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 11 Jan 2009, 12:13

Nice goin' HH!

I always take a party of all the same class. Might be worth a try, for a little more challenge.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 11 Jan 2009, 20:34

Variol wrote: I always take a party of all the same class. Might be worth a try, for a little more challenge.
That may be a little too much of a challenge for me. Although, any class deficiencies can be corrected by a visit to the Coding Wizard. I haven't got the self-discipline yet to refuse the Wizard's offer.

What I had in mind was using classes I haven't tried yet, the Ninja and Wanderer. Then throw in the weakest of the rest--a Barbarian (which is surprisingly feeble for a pure fighter) and either an Archer or an Alchemist (neither of which is really weak, but they're not the strongest either).

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 11 Jan 2009, 20:41

I think that the most powerfull class in Maestro MOD is crusader (templar knight).

Good combat skills, good armor skills and good self-magic! Grand in sword, plate, shield, armmastery, spirit and master body makes him almost unstopable B-)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Amadare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Golem part in Evermorn island

Unread postby Amadare » 07 Jun 2011, 12:26

Good day, MM players.
I'am enjoying Maestro mod for week. Thank you, Vladimir, you done a great job.
But I need help.. For looong time, I'am searchign golem part in Evermorn, but can't find it. I spend many hours for it, but witout succes. Please tell me where it is. I'll be very grateful.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Re: Golem part in Evermorn island

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jun 2011, 18:54

Amadare wrote:Good day, MM players.
I'am enjoying Maestro mod for week. Thank you, Vladimir, you done a great job.
But I need help.. For looong time, I'am searchign golem part in Evermorn, but can't find it. I spend many hours for it, but witout succes. Please tell me where it is. I'll be very grateful.
it was in a chest...if you search all chests you'll find it...
...or maybe it was in one of the temples i'm not sure...start to search chests first.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Amadare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amadare » 07 Jun 2011, 19:05

vladimir-maestro wrote: it was in a chest...if you search all chests you'll find it...
...or maybe it was in one of the temples i'm not sure...start to search chests first.
I checked all chest on island twice or even more times. Can it be some kind of bug?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 08 Jun 2011, 05:53

Amadare wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote: it was in a chest...if you search all chests you'll find it...
I checked all chest on island twice or even more times. Can it be some kind of bug?
not sure. my version is more buggy than BDJ's...but i played it for 4-6 times and always promote mine wizard without any problems.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Return to “Might and Magic”