Saying Hello + Some questions and Announcement of a new mod.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deyja

Saying Hello + Some questions and Announcement of a new mod.

Unread postby Deyja » 18 Nov 2008, 22:52

Hi i am new here on Celestial Heavens (still i was lurking this forum for years as for some other M&M, wizardry ect. german, rusian & some other forums) have also played M&M12345 5.5 678 9 some mods & spin-offs except dragonbone / heroes 1-5 + wog

---------
A question:
---------

I am already busy with a mod(M&M Warlords on the UT3 engine) but still....

Hmm i was wondering if someone have manage to actual ''ADD'' stuff in M&M678 engine /in any of the games intead of changing/editing/replacing/relocate stuff as i have seen so far in all mods i think. ???
still cool mods B-)

If not i like too make a tool for M&M678engine with some people here
that alows us too expend the space & make it posibly too add stuff
+ a real editor (map editor) instead of converting & 3d-max/maya ect.
So that even dummies can do it. hmm ;|

I already have looked & ript all data by unzip the lod-files with Total Commander with a lod.plug-in & converted and edit stuff /textures/maps/sprites. ect. Only dialogue where hard to do but possible but not did much with that yet. did some test that worked fine. but i did't manage too do REAL add stuff.

------
Announcement
------

I am now busy with My own New M&M mod+ Drake's: M&M Warlords mod. If people interested to help with one of the 2 mod's pm me then.

My mod: No site yet /sorry just pm me here.
M&M W: http://hypergame2k8.yuku.com/directory
---------
Back History:
---------

Later becouse i could not add extra stuff in M&M. I was thinking of using a other engine for a new M&M like dbdoom or eduke editors still i could not make it like M&M7 with the interface ect.

So i was Thinking at that time of using UT3 engine too make a full conversion M&M 678 look-alike mod
The good thing about it is i don't need too decode M&M stuff only use the sounds & Textures & sprites + i can add & make new stuff instead of replacing.
only interface take some time.

Only downside is that people need too have UT(unreal tournament) too play it.

I know it sounds odd too Downgrade graphics. still ...

-----

I will not tell much not about this mod only that it starts after M&M7good ending
Inside Webstation Beta-5 with a M&M7 look+ lot of NEW races, items,spells,monsters, stuff & much much much more. and it continues to somewhere in the Spinward Rim :devious:

And it will finish in 2010 (Will be properly be ready much, much faster i am sure off, but that's the deadline)

Sorry for my bad english

Also if anyone have idea for the mod just ask ;)

C&C please B-)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 16:28

Main idea is about sprites.
Supreme idea to create PNG sprites with alpha-channel or animated sequences of GIF files. Very cool effects and monsters could be done with PNG alpha-channel.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Nov 2008, 16:32

Deja,

I appreciate you enthusiasm, excitement, and motivation to produce a new MM game for the MM community. However, speaking for myself, I am knida 'burnt out' on promises and faint hopes from well-meaning 'developers'.

Let's face it, over the last couple of years 'modding' has become the latest 'fad' on the MM scene. Everyone wants to produce 'The Game that ends all games'. Many hopes, false beginnings, but few concrete results. To my knowledge, only four 'mods' have actually been submitted for playtesting; Lone Sun's mod, Pascal's mod (Asterix), BDJ's Rev4 mod, and now Vladimir's Maestro mod. All should be congratulated for their dedication, research and perseverence. The only 'realistically-promising' news in the on-going game development arena is currently being discussed on this site. I have high hopes that, because of the participation of the Celestial Heavens MM community, the game might actually be completed! That's my hope, anywise.

So please, as time goes on, don't lose your dreams and keep on developing you mod/game. Surprise cynical 'burnt out' gamers such as myself, and keep us posted on your progress.

Best of luck!!

Big Daddy Jim
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Nov 2008, 16:50

BDJ, are you refering to MMX ;).
I think the idea is great. But as you state it, you are currently working on 2 projects, isn't that kinda of a lot, especialy to start a new one? I would say, finish one first, before starting new ones. Like that, you keep focus on only 1 project and it keeps things simple. I'm not saying you should not do tis though, I think the idea is great, and if you think you are able to pull it of, then it's alright and I have said nothing. I'm just saying how I feel about it...

Best of luck :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

MM10 Project

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Nov 2008, 17:09

Darknessfood,

Yes, I was/am refering to the MM10 project. MM10's where I'll put my money as a 'bet' that the project will be completed! That's my hope, anywise.

Big Daddy Jim
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 20 Nov 2008, 13:28

vladimir-maestro wrote:Main idea is about sprites.
Supreme idea to create PNG sprites with alpha-channel or animated sequences of GIF files. Very cool effects and monsters could be done with PNG alpha-channel.
hmm nice idea B-)

i goin too do a simular way that 3do did using 3dmodels

look at this then program :devious:
http://www.d-grafix.com/?page=spriteforge
i goin too use this till i found a better one
but all models will be high polycount 3d models first (probely edit there look them a bit too use some of them for M&M Warlords mod) then make them 2d models (actualy 2.5d if you know wat i mean :devious: )
with this way i a more option wat i want too do with my monsters ect.

Also Thanks for the support grand master Big Daddy Jim, Quest writer lord darknessfood & Graphics emperor vladimir-maestro

Hope that M&M X would be The best mod on the M&M678 engine B-)

-------------

I got a qeastion in some roundom ncp houses i want too use real people(M&M fans) faces
just like M&M6 if people are interested

You just have too do this:

1. Just send me your real pic

2. Also give your / Celestial heavens account name so i can add it too the credited list.

3. Make your own NCP name (for example: jack the walker or Celestial Darkmoon) ect. (no names like f33l / Master. Bate or any nonsense bulshit crap !.)

4. Also i want too know your Ncp Alter-ego discription too add stuff on (like Evil/good/ greedy /happy looking wizard, warlock, warror, vampire types of look) too do somthing like this : Image

5. Then send it too deyja@Live.nl B-)

C&C please on this idea ;|

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 20 Nov 2008, 19:17

I'm still gonna finish my mod, I've just been lazy, that and I've been modding other games like Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires, I could have had my mod done awhile ago just got sidetracked, I just seem to go in phases like that, I do apologize for announcing it tho, it was unfair to give people the impression they'd have a new mod to play soon, but at the time I was really into the mod at that time and had I kept going at that rate it would've been done months ago, as it stands I don't think I've done any work on it since Feb. So sorry to all, but at the same time, just wait, when you least it expect it one day you'll come on here and you'll see it. BTW if any of you play RON might wanna check out some of my mods for that. Good luck to the OP with your mod, hope it works out.

Otter

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 20 Nov 2008, 21:02

If you could get real pictures for the party that would be really awesome.
I'll send you a picture for the mod in about a month, when I have contacts, as I'm nearly blind with my glasses off, and I'm fairly sure they don't have glasses in Might and Magic.
Your perception determines your experience.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 20 Nov 2008, 21:39

DarthVadre wrote:If you could get real pictures for the party that would be really awesome.
I'll send you a picture for the mod in about a month, when I have contacts, as I'm nearly blind with my glasses off, and I'm fairly sure they don't have glasses in Might and Magic.
Thanks already for your contribution then i would say :)
Actualy there was one ncp with glasses if i remember well in M&M. hmm not sure trough ;|

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Nov 2008, 22:00

Close portrait of a vampire:
I like her bodypaint!

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 20 Nov 2008, 22:46

vladimir-maestro wrote:Close portrait of a vampire:
I like her bodypaint!
Nice & yes i like the bodypaint too ;)
but why you posted this here? or do you want it too be used vladimir-maestro as your Alter-ego in the mod? sorry i am a bit confused ;| :|
Some post here goin too far Off-topic :offtopic: or just a bit confused too me like motter28218 post (still thanks for the support that you have giving me on the bottem of the text motter28218) :)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Nov 2008, 22:57

I just wondering why you want to use real photos?
Maybe I missunderstand something - photos for NPC pictures or for animated face of a charecter?

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 20 Nov 2008, 23:19

vladimir-maestro wrote:I just wondering why you want to use real photos?
Maybe I missunderstand something - photos for NPC pictures or for animated face of a charecter?
Well as i already stated i want too use real photos of Fans for NCP that are not animated (I only animated a little like red glowing eyes ect. but only do this on others request)

They will be scatterd around the maps & most times in houses, shops ect.
There will also be animated ncp's & some normal ncp pic that where simular in M&M7 & 8

I wanted too have real pic of M&M fans too give it a more personal touch. for the people that probably goin too play it.
Also too show others how great & strong this M&M community is.
+ its always funny too find your other ego in a game :creative: :devious:

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 21 Nov 2008, 21:28

hmm some people are shouting at me becouse i use unreal engine & downgrade the graphics (old M&M looking textures / 3dmodel to sprite models ect.) & that aint a true M&M mod/ but wat you people think of these type of people?

sorry for this post but i getting tired of those kids only thinking about grapfics.
pfff :tired:

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 04 Dec 2008, 10:28

I need to find 1 or more people who is interested to write roundom dialogues, tales ect. for some ncp's & other things

The reason wy i ask this, is to make more variations in writing styles
too make it lot more pleasent for people to read.

no experience needed in programs, except a writing program maby :devious:

Also funny simplicity is ok, it don´t too be have like i writed below.

------------------------------------------------
here
Just a one of the little random dialogue /& story i made for a other mod long long long time ago for a ingame story telling.

Just a little random dialogue /& story i made

Surrounding echos of despair
, chilling black stone's & metal reflecting by the upcoming moon
When looking outside the window you see a tree Where children are belong to play. in those days
then yet again. maby not

Above you the remains of a immense Structure of black grey stone
silent's all motions
dozen eyes glazed cast amon you
There a in the shadows waiting

walking through the hallway
suddenly a old men apeard upon the stairs
saying something in unspoken words
still i hear a gentle but somehow disturbing voice

''The old Man on the stairs says:''

I know you are here ...
the taste of venom feeds on you
Child
Come too see twisted snakes have you?
you find your anwer, not here but when.

Player respons:
Wat are you talking about ?

The old man smiled and said somthing like i was not there

''The old Man on the stairs:'

he smiled and said somthing like i was not there
death don't make me immortal

Then he turned is back on me & died mysteriously.

-
To be continued....

page 79

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 04 Dec 2008, 10:44

In English that doesn't flow the best, it feels more like poetry from the 19th century with a smaller vocabulary.
BTW if English is your second language you're doing great.
Your perception determines your experience.

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 04 Dec 2008, 11:10

DarthVadre wrote:In English that doesn't flow the best, it feels more like poetry from the 19th century with a smaller vocabulary.
BTW if English is your second language you're doing great.
he nice site you have B-)

yes it's a bit 19th century writing that's because i read a lot giving me inspirations too make new unique things

here are some great writer from that around that time i have read most of it:
Divine Comedy(funny book from around 1300-1350:devious: ), H. P. Lovecraft, H.G. Wells,
Samuel Taylor Coleridge & go so on

but there one bad thing about it, it gives me a lot of mistakes when writing modern stuff because a lot of old words have been changed trough time.

-----------------
Also i forgot to say side quest writers & maby, maby main
would be helpfull :)

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 09 Dec 2008, 11:09

little update (sorry for not showing pic too spoil at moment but will come soon B-) )

Interface/HUD still work on it but it will look simular too this one except there will be 4 character windows + 2 hireable/replaceable character & of course 2 NCP too hire:
Image yes i want that Minator in my game! :P

Its just the original M&M7 ingame concept pic but i goin too use it that look almost the same.

1 menu ready still some too go.
2 tests maps ready in ut
I have fixed & bit recreate, recoloured most textures & sprites of M&M6-8
Made also some new ones
1 new paper doll ready

Also now i have extracted & converted Heroes of Might & magic 3 sprites
luckly the most spells effects(for monsters) are ready too use without doin anything :devious:
but for the monster sprites thy got only the left & right side ways animations
so i need too make them too make a whole sprite as in M&M6-8

Also if anyone wants too change stuff or extract things off Heroes 3
Then go too WOG's(wake of the gods) mod info page:
http://modhomm3.free.fr/help_notice.htm
Also here is more info & Tools too do it
http://modhomm3.free.fr/
I think most modders knows this already but still

Also i work at the moment alone for this mod. so if my project die's think not :devious: then i am happly too give all stuff too the modders who need it. so it will be at least not wasted time.

Also if there are any quest/ncp/ writers out there that are want too help writing creative text them i am happy.(no exp needed in programs just text writing) pm me then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also we of HyperGames2k8 made a little mutator for unreal tournament 3
So have fun ^^ http://hypergame2k8.yuku.com/topic/664

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL old school way B-) still there are better ways too do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image :P

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Dec 2008, 14:20

Deja,

That's good progress on the game interface! Keep up the good work.

BDJ

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 09 Dec 2008, 21:34

I'm a nut for Minotaurs, and those graphics were spectacular. I'd rather play them than fight them, though--that bunch looked really mean.

I like the idea of 4 player-character, 2 hireable-character and 2 NPC slots, but where will they all fit on the screen?

Return to “Might and Magic”