Maestro MOD Patches

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Nov 2008, 11:03

Nope, no NOCD or other tweaks. I'll wipe it tonight and restart like a scientist, backing up after every step so I can change a single variable and repeat.

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 21 Nov 2008, 12:34

I'll wipe it tonight and restart like a scientist, backing up after every step so I can change a single variable and repeat.
Backing up is allways a good idea, saves time if something goes wrong.
If you can live without accelerated 3d video you can try it without mok's patch. Just disable 3D sound and choose Software 3D. Maybe it works.
Some people have still problems with this options, some not.

Greetz

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Nov 2008, 15:18

I was able to play the game just fine... it's just that I didn't get most of the new things that Vladimir added. I got new graphics for armor, races, and so on, but not everything else.

Can you or someone else confirm these as the proper steps? Or rearrange them as appropriate?

1. Install MM7
2. Patch to 1.1
3. Install Maestro mod
4. Run the three additional patches (two data, one sound)

I can drop the 3D stuff to avoid using Mok's patch.

Thanks.

*B*

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 21 Nov 2008, 15:20

For the record:
My mm7.exe is only 12kb, since I am running Windows Vista x64 I could not patch it myself, but Vladimir patched it and it's working fine. I thought it was probably a NOCD version, since this computer is shared, but I then realized that the MM7 disc was in the drive. I also have a MM7-Rel.exe file. I'm thinking that I probably have Mok's patch.

It might not work, but if you have Mok's patch give this a try http://rapidshare.com/files/165257816/MM7.exe

For all those wondering, Might and Magic games have a problem with SP2, I'm not sure about SP3 compatibility, but if you're running Windows XP prior to SP2 you don't need Mok's patch to run the game.
Your perception determines your experience.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Nov 2008, 15:48

Thanks, DarthVadre. I'll DL that later today and give it a shot.

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 21 Nov 2008, 15:49

bungleau - seems to be ok.

DarthVadre - is the new skill table active with your exe file? Because with my patched version it is still the old one. You can test it with the alchemist class, if grandmaster water is possible you have the new skill table, if not you have the old.

Greetings
Captain Emo

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 21 Nov 2008, 20:01

I guess I was wrong. The graphics and names are changed, but it's using the old skill-table. Is it possible to patch MM7-Rel.exe?
Your perception determines your experience.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Nov 2008, 20:06

Only if you will rename it into MM7.EXE.
After patching you can rename it back into mm7-rel

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Nov 2008, 20:21

I'm sure I tried doing that last night (patching mm7-rel), but still got error messages.

I'll take a detailed look tonight and confirm.

*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Nov 2008, 22:00

try to use another computer for patching.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 22 Nov 2008, 06:01

All right... the results are in, and without the patch to mm7.exe that Vladimir-maestro made for Darth Vadre, all failed. That patch, to the tiny mm7.exe, brought everything to life.

Here were the testing results and error messages:
  • FAIL Original… install mod there. Error: Premature end of file at byte 977040 in MM7.exe.Your MM7.exe is smaller than the expected offset of the skill data.
  • FAIL 1.1 Patch applied, then install mod Error: Premature end of file at byte 977040 in MM7.exe.Your MM7.exe is smaller than the expected offset of the skill data.
  • FAIL Mok patch applied, then install mod Error: Skill block contains invalid data. Cannot proceed.
  • FAIL Mok patch applied, then install mod, then new_class against mm7_rel Error: Skill block contains invalid data. Cannot proceed.
  • PASS Install maestro patch against mok patch
So my experience... install Mok's patch, then grab the extra patched 12kb mm7.exe file.

Onward!!!

*B*

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 23 Nov 2008, 05:53

Vladimir-Maestro, I'm not sure where you want mod feedback - here or another post. Let me know and I'll put things in the right place.

A couple of issues tonight:
  • Armor size - Breast plate appears 3x3, is really 4x3. Suggest stretching the graphic.
  • Disarm Trap Expert reject message for archer from Bill Lasker (Erathia sewers) - indicates that an archer can't become expert until they achieve the Sniper or Sniper promo.

Sniper or Sniper? Are they *Really* both the same title?
  • Breaking items - yes, it appears that anything that breaks disappears. I'd consider this a game-breaker... without fixing it, you'll have to save so often that your fingers will go numb. Belay that... those were *stolen* items, not broken items...
That's all for tonight. Thanks for all your efforts, my friend! Life in Erathia is *definitely* not dull...

*B*
Last edited by bungleau on 24 Nov 2008, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Nov 2008, 07:38

I do not know what you are speacking abou - "item disappear whe broken"

I have breaks a lot of item and they are on right places, red-colored. If I put them in inventory - they still exist. B-)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 23 Nov 2008, 23:13

What I mean is that if any item is broken, it disappears from inventory. Every time I hear the "broken" sound, I can't find anything in inventory. Except holes where things used to be...

I think I'm running 3D Acceleration... I can turn that off to see if it makes a difference. Updates tonight.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 24 Nov 2008, 00:38

Even with BDJ's mod the game was really buggy with 3d acceleration for me. For example, E. Island had fireflies instead of goblins and I couldn't save the game.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 24 Nov 2008, 02:42

So you didn't have the dragonflies near the DOTG pedestal and the goblins where the DFs used to be?

Rather strange... I wonder if the monster fie was correctly patched...

On to check acceleration tonight!

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 24 Nov 2008, 04:53

Fun gaming this evening... man, do I hate those rock-throwing trolls! Fortunately Berzerk is a handy friend... ;)

I had a revelation this evening about that breaking-armor issue I've had. In fact, it came after a troll rock blast, as it turned out. I took a look, and sure enough, the dead characters' armor was broken and showing red.

Showing read... just like it's supposed to... hmmm... say, who was it that was breaking my armor and items before? Oh, yeah... rogues, thieves, and assassins...

*slaps head*

Of course! Duh.... it wasn't a "broken armor/item sound! It was a "stolen item" sound... and the things were gone because the thieves took them.

So that begs a question... are the "stolen" and "broken" sounds the same, or have they switched? Or am I simply dreaiming?

'Night, all!

*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Nov 2008, 05:54

Thiefs has got "steal" ability but I do not know how it works!
BTW you will find not any monster who will drain your SP in a bite!
I think it is so stupid to drain SP if magic the main protection.

But you will encounter more enemies who will probably kill you or even erradicate. It is really usefull that Acolytes can learn Body Magic till Grand without any promotions ;)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Nov 2008, 08:35

I have been away few days so quick questions:
1. Ver. 2 is the newest mod update?
2. What patches did I need or maybe none?

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 24 Nov 2008, 10:37

Avonu,

1. Yes it is, actual version is 2.6b.
2. Install all, 4-5 are there and they are very small, so it is not a bad idea to install them, to prevent some nasty crashes. Installing none patches is therefore not a good idea, except your kind of masochist.

Have fun .
;)

Greetings
Captain Emo

Return to “Might and Magic”