Maestro MOD Patches

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 09:31

New patch avaible
http://mm7-maestro-mod.3dn.ru/load/1-1-0-11
149kb

READ CAREFULLY! IT MAY AFFECT THE GAME PROCESS AND MAY OCCURE ITEM LOST!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 14:00

Something wrong with patch :disagree:
It didn't patch correct files. :S

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 14:25

Patch is fixed and avaible now!
Tested - everything is quite well but it consists of 2 files now!

I do not know but old patch works only with EVENTS and ignore icons!
What I used was:
LodMerge.exe icons.lod Patch_2.6.1.lod /bLodMerge.exe events.lod Patch_2.6.1.2.lod goto done
Everything looks fine but merger ignore second part of line...what I do wrong?

I do not want to create separated file for every file that I fix :|

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Nov 2008, 23:20

I just tried to equip the wand of fireballs during a combat with the goblins and the game crashed.

Even out of combat it's the same thing.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Fireball Wands

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 00:01

My Mage is currently carrying three of these wands; 40 charges, 38 charges, and 38 charges, respectively. I'm back in Harmondale and went Goblin huntin' to try out each of the three wands of fireball. I equipped the Mage with each, in turn, and tried them out. All three work fine, with no problems encountered.

Since I cannot duplicate your problem, I cannot offer any suggestion. Perhaps Vladimir can assist?

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Nov 2008, 00:03

My party consists of 4 Dragon alchemists BTW.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Ooops!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 00:44

Variol,

It seems like I 'jumped the gun' in my first response. What I was using was the simplw wand of Fire (Bolt), which works fine.

I id 'cheat' the game and added a Fireball Wand and experienced the same problem as you. As soon as I equip the wand, it 'freezes' the game. I'll see if any other wands do the same. My uneducated guess is that it is a size or coordinate issue with the graphic.

Vladimir?? Any suggestions?

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 20 Nov 2008, 01:08

BDJ it seems you know the game process quite well. Did you do professional game development?
Your perception determines your experience.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Nov 2008, 01:09

No, he made the mod this mod runs on :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 20 Nov 2008, 01:20

darknessfood wrote:No, he made the mod this mod runs on :)!
I know I was wondering if he did professional development or anything like that.
Your perception determines your experience.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 02:21

DarthVadre wrote:
darknessfood wrote:No, he made the mod this mod runs on :)!
I know I was wondering if he did professional development or anything like that.
In point fo fact, I worked as an Applications Engineer for 30+ years, generating program-specific applications in Assembly, Cobol, Fortran, C, and VB through the years, with a smattering of C++ for good measure.

The only 'game' development experience I have, however, is generating an MM7 mod based upon the Event Language of the game. Vladimir is using my Rev4 mod as the basic for his 'enhancements'. I am only involved in the Maestro mod as a player for the Beta release.

For what it is worth.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Nov 2008, 03:11

Meaning no disrespect, but I agree with others that this should have waited a week or 2. I just find I'm turned off now.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 03:34

Variol,

Perhaps you're right. I'm not sure that the mod has had even an Alpha playtest.

However, Vladimir did state that this go around was a Beta test for debugging.

I will continue to play thru the Beta and hopefully identify some of the problem areas for Vladimir. Perhaps then he can re-release the mod with no Game Stopping events.

That aside, I am impressed by many of his graphics and think that the mod, once debugged, will be a worthwhile addition for the community.

So I'll 'hang in there' for now.

BDJ

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 20 Nov 2008, 05:10

I'm not frustrated because Vladimir did say the mod is at the Beta playtesting stage. I expected bugs--I'm just writing down the little ones I've found, and when I have a few I'll send him an e-mail. I'm in Erathia at the moment, and still having a ball.

I wasn't able to get the latest patch to work. It's a "RAR" file which I don't have the software to unzip. In the meantime I'm just avoiding the danger zones like Deyja and Nighon.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 20 Nov 2008, 05:35

I heard there was a new mod, and had to check it out... :D

Very nice, Maestro! I really like the Runes... they add something different to the usual mix.

I did come across a couple of things... ranging from minor to major.

1. Minor - Simple Clothes are visibly a 2x3 inventory item, but take up 3x3. I suggest making the image bigger if it can't be cut down to size.

2. Minor - I found two contestant shields, and the Judge only took one. No big deal 'cause I simply dropped the other one, but it might be worth eliminating the extra one.

3. Medium - Sorcery staff on EI equips as a bow, not a staff. Shoots arrows, though... pretty cool :)

4. Major - Broken items (specifically rusty chain) disappear from inventory. I'm not sure if there's just no broken image or if it's truly gone, but I can't click on a broken item

5. Suggestion - for the goblins respawning in EI, can you have some goblin chieftains respawn as well? Otherwise there's just no challenge there...

6. Side note - in character creation, the races all listed normally. Not sure if I just mis-installed (since I overlaid it on my previous MM7 install), but I was expecting "RACE" up there.

Excellent job, amigo! Thanks for putting in the effort!

*B*

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Nov 2008, 07:45

Yes, in a time I will upload fully fixed version of MOD. Now I only can upoad little patches.
Agree If I will upoad new version of MOD every day - it will confuse people! And noone want to download 111 mb just for fixing 2 sounds, 3 sprites and so on.

By the way - there was a problem with some magical wands! Swarm, Fireball, Paralyze.
Now tou can fix it
http://mm7-maestro-mod.3dn.ru/load/1-1-0-12
But be sure that you run this patch from SOUND folder!!! It fix Audio.snd!

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 20 Nov 2008, 08:49

[quote="bungleau"] 3. Medium - Sorcery staff on EI equips as a bow, not a staff. Shoots arrows, though... pretty cool :)

I haven't got the hang of this quote thing yet.

The Sorcery staff isn't a bug--it's supposed to equip as a bow. If you read the description, it says something about shooting "magic missiles." There are other melee weapons in the game that equip as missile weapons instead, but I haven't found any of the others yet. The really cool thing is that training up in those weapons still works, so even though my mage has a dagger in his hand, when I trained to expert-level staff I got the armor bonus because the staff was equipped on my back.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 20 Nov 2008, 13:46

What? You mean I've actually got to *read* things? :D

I'll take the hit on that one.. I didn't expect to see a staff equip back there, and didn't bother reading the description in detail.

Thanks for educating me, Herry :)

As for that quote, I think you just need a "close quotes" tag - [ /quote]

*edit* Forgot to add in a couple more things... Maestro, I *really* like the new art during the "scene changes"... thanks for adding that in! I also like the new welcome screen... feels like a new game!

Have you thought about modding BDJ's opening dialogue to reference your mod? At the very least, you should add yourself in the credits (which, BTW, run at a perfectly acceptable speed on my machine)

*B*

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

RAR files

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Nov 2008, 15:00

Herry,

You cab download a program cakked '7-ZIP'. It's free and will handle the RAR for you.

Link:

http://www.download.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Hope this helps.

BDJ

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 20 Nov 2008, 17:21

I used 7-zip as well. I've used it before, and it's handy.

One request to Vladimir-Maestro for the mod... is it possible to remove stealing as a default thief skill, and put disarm traps there instead? I do find that one useless...

Looking forward to a descent into Erathia tonight...

*B*

Return to “Might and Magic”