[QUESTIONS] Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jo Li KMC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[QUESTIONS] Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Unread postby Jo Li KMC » 15 Nov 2008, 03:16

Hello there! It's been a couple years since my last post and I have some questions about the buggy, third-party game "Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen" I'd like answered. Well, just one, really...

I've been playing the game on Adventurer mode with a custom party. I've cleared Hart completely as well as Impery, but the banks in either town still DO NOT EXIST, nor does the Magic Guild in Hart. However, this isn't true in my other save game where I recreated the default party from Might and Magic: World of Xeen and was playing on Warrior mode. Hart has ALL the buildings its supposed to on that game.
My question... Did I do something out of order, wrong, or otherwise incorrectly in my Adventurer game which made Hart and Impery not have banks? Was there a SPECIFIC ORDER I was supposed to follow in order to get Hart back in working order? Now admittedly, Impery has the Magic Guild so I can always Lloyd's Beacon back to Greyhaven to deposit my excess gems and gold, but it's a minor inconvenience all and all...

Thanks in advance.
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-

Formerly "Doc Lithius" – Changed on Nov. 19, 2022

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 16 Nov 2008, 15:35

About the only thing I can think of with Hart is to eliminate all of the monsters, with those sprites causing the Stone condition being often overlooked. As far as Impery goes, I can't recall anything specifically. You really don't get much for money or gems by going thru the game from my recollection.

Now if a town is 'under siege' that could be the cause of the issue. If you've been told to hunt down a group, I think the town is closed until they're dealt with. Another possibility is to also eliminate all monster regeneration points.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 17 Nov 2008, 18:07

you killed the giant north of Hart? and cleared all the respawning points around Hart and Impery?

hepp! seems that the bank thing is a bug as i found this in a walktrough:
A nice touch in this game is that the more of the surrounding quadrants you clear of monsters, the nicer each town becomes--trees are planted along the arcades, merchants set up tents in the town square, and so forth. Check back in periodically to see if anything new has happened. Even after I had cleared the entire world of Havec, though, Hart never acquired a bank (despite the mayor's directive to "check in at the bank to collect taxes.") In fact, none of the three cities ever did pay me any taxes. Maybe you have to let more playing time elapse in order to actually get the taxes, or maybe it was one of those ambience things that was never intended to translate into actual gold pieces in the first place, but either way, you won't need the money, so just put it out of your mind.
here is the link to the walktrough btw, it can be quite handy: http://www.bigorrin.org/xeen2d.htm
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”