[NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 17 Nov 2008, 20:28

I've just played your MOD half hour and I can only say that your graphics are freaking awesome!!! :devil: :hail: They look realy great and the fact that some classes can use some weapons(such as the spear with the barbarian) being throwable, in some ways is playing a new game. Great work!
By the way, I installed it on my mm7 folder with the BDJ MOD installed before, and I don't know why but one of the (elves?) girls, the one with blue skin and white hair, she has a blue square in the background(the background of the character, when you see the inventory&skills&such), for the moment the rest is running normal(those goblins chiefs with fire bolt are dammed powerful :mad: )
You are a talented artist, and I hope you give more to this huge community :applause:
Keep up the good work!!!!!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Nov 2008, 22:06

I will use LODmerger for patches - so they will have very small size.

Thanks to the author! ;)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 17 Nov 2008, 23:57

Ok, so which is the correct link? There are several on the previous page. I can do a regular download and I can do it via uTorrent.

Have there been other issues that have come up, other than what has been mentioned so far?

..and will it work with BDJ's mod?

That's for the help in catering to my ignorance.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Correct Link

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 00:02

Here's the link I used;

http://rapidshare.com/files/164679490/Maestro_2.exe

Yes, the game does work (so far) with the Rev4 mod, although I had to install the Maestro-mod twice. I don't know if the new character class selection works, however. I didn't try it out.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

New Party Generation

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 04:25

Vladimir,

I attempted to report a couple of **minor** 'problems' that I have encountered with the mod to you at the email listed in the ReadMe of the install program, but the email 'bounced' as 'undeliverable'.

So I'll report them here. When generating a New Party/New Game, the character generation graphic allows you to select a new 'Portrait' for each character, but instead of listing the "race" of each protrait (such as Human, Elf, Goblin), that display field continues to simply say "Race". Just a minor irritant.

Also, from the "Load" Screen (New, Load, Credits, Exit), when I select "Credits", the credits scroll past soooo rapidly that I cannot read a single entry. Perhaps you could slow this down a-bit?

Since I don't know how to include the screen captures showing these 'problems', I hope the description will suffice.

No other 'problems' so far. Good mod!! Great Graphic additions!

BDJ ...
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 06:14

Thanks for report.
I've got the same problem with your e-mail. I can't send to it :) strange, very strange!

About RACE text. I do this cause cannot fix 5th race!
There was 8 human charecters - 4 of them I transformed into Dorws but race text said HUMAN!!! That why I changed all races into RACE text.

I'll look for credits speed. Maybe should to add more empty lines between the staff names.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 11:04

I installed the mod, then tried to install the patch. When I tried to "run" it, I got this message:

Do I need to run the patch in a specific file/location?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 13:16

yes you need to run it from DATA folder of your MM7 game.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 20:40

Ok, I just want to clarify:
This game is exactly the same, other than window dressing, right? I've played it a little, but I only see different items and different looking races. And the new races have the same anyway.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 21:13

Noone can change the game engine itself. Only way is to "dress" it up with something new.
If you played BDJ MOD before so this is almost the same thing.
If you don't...try it! You will find a lot of changes!

MOD was planned as a graphic MOD but it was extended to what you see.
Try classes - they are differ now! Crusader is the only Grand in Spirit magic - because their spirit couldn't be breaked!

Alchemists are masters of alchemy, knowledge and enchancing - Grand in Water Magics.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 19 Nov 2008, 02:59

I've quickly read through this thread, and just thought I ought to help, since I can host the file. I'm downloading it now, but I think I better have permission before uploading it.
Your perception determines your experience.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Nov 2008, 03:02

Maybe I better delete, then do a new install and add BDJ's mod. Then add yours over it.

I still don't understand the different races because they are same as the original, just different looking. It would be nice if the dragon had a totally different set of stats and limited weapons and armor, like in 8, but had a breath attack. Fly ability would be nice too, if they don't have it.

What's the point of a Drow over an Elf?
Last edited by Variol on 19 Nov 2008, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 19 Nov 2008, 05:58

[quote="Variol"]May I better delete, then do a new install and add BDJ's mod. Then add yours over it.

After some experimentation, what I did was create a new directory (Program Files\MM7) rather than the original game's default (Program Files\3DO\Might and Magic VII). I installed the original game in the new directory, then applied Mok's Patch. I then applied the Maestro's mod--you don't need to apply BDJ's mod, because it's already included with the Maestro's. Put the latest patch (V2.6.1.2) in the Data folder and run it. If the new classes don't appear when you start the game (and you want them), follow Vladimir's instructions for manually applying the New Class patch.

This all took me about 3 hours before I got it running correctly, but it was well worth it! I've played BDJ's mod before and loved it, and now it has some new fantastic graphics, as well as the new races and classes. I can't say enough about how great this thing is. Many thanks to BDJ and Vladimir, and everyone else who contributed to this first-class project.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 07:01

I'm not sure if you need MOK patch.
I do not know what exact it do. I tried to install MOD with\without it - everything was quite well.

MOK patch changes EXE file so you need to be carefull with it and Class_Patch.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 19 Nov 2008, 07:29

The main thing Mok's patch does is allow the game to run on more recent versions of Windows (like WinXP and Windows 2000) than the original game was designed for. It also fixes some minor bugs and makes adjustments for more advanced graphics and sound cards.

So far I haven't had any problems using Mok's patch and the mod together.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Nov 2008, 11:00

I'm just doing a new install via your instructions Herry.

So, what are some of the differences with the races? Like, why Drow, instead of Elf? Why Dragon instead of Dwarf? When I started a new game yesterday, their stats were exactly the same.

Is it just some items in the game that are for that race only? What are the major differences?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2008, 13:31

Once again:
Differences in races - is appearance only!

There was a discusions about races loooong time ago. After that I decided to do what I've done.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Variol ....

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Nov 2008, 16:10

Variol,

The game changes in the Maestro mod affect much more than just the graphics and 'new' character classes. The game sequence remains the same (Rev4 mod), but Vladimir has increased the game difficulty and balance a couple of levels by modifying some basic creature statistics. For instance, the Hunting Griffin now does 3D8+6 physical damage (up from 2D8 +6) and the Terror (original Ghost) now casts Toxic Cloud, has a resistance to physical attacks of '100' (up from '20'), and has 140 hit points (up from '93')!! Pitty the poor 10th level party that has to face this 'Terror' in hand-to-hand melee early on in the Barrows!

So the Maestro mod's affects on the game are much more than pure 'graphic' enhancements. Difficulty level up, monsters changed, new weapon abilities (Sorcerer's Staff is now a missile weapon), et al.

For what it is worth.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Nov 2008, 16:39

Thanks BDJ,
If I remember correctly, there was very little in the read me file. It would be nice to have this available somewhere. It would help with creating a new party: and I usually all 4 of the same class; for extra challenge.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Variol ...

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Nov 2008, 17:43

Unfortunately, I cannot provide such a list at this time. I am in the 'early-stages' of the game, having just completed the Courier Quest. I am using a standard Barbarian, Archer, Cleric, Mage party on this first go-round for the balance.

Just be prepared for some challenging encounters early-on in the Barrows and in Deja.

Happy 'Gaming'.

BDJ

Return to “Might and Magic”