[NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 04 Dec 2008, 11:46

vladimir-maestro wrote:I'm just making some tutorial how to replace standart monsters with new ones (sprites).
I also can make the tutorial how to replace paper doll (now i know how it must be done)
would be great B-)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 09:45

It is done!
Finally we've discovered a mistake!

Installer is rebuilt, bugs fixed, new quess added, sprites fixed, text fixed.

Uploading...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 10:30

You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 15 Dec 2008, 16:17

-----------------
I tried to add new maps into MM7 - they are untextured, all white...also I'm not sure if party can get to new maps - thats why I asked some people from MMX. Actually it is rather easy to add new stuff into LOD files but all the stuff I can add will be useless until to write and describe new items in game code (I have no idea how to do such things). There are possibility to add some more weapons or armors to extend the game but have you got an idea where to activate new stuff :)
------------------
About faces:
Nether do I! I have no idea what kind of expresions face uses! I just tried to guess when created them. I had some mistakes about that too. Just try to buy some stuff in shops - some face animations will be "angry or sad" but must be happy and smiling :D[/quote]

I’m sure you already know some of this by now, and sorry that this is such a late response, but it is actually very easy to add stuff to the game and as you say ‘activate’ them. There are easy ways to get around this; for example, if you add a new item in the ITEMS.LOD file, that item won’t be in the game unless you put it somewhere. There are multiple ways to put this item in the game for players to use: you can put it in a chest for example, you can use the event language to place it on a particular sprite, or you can place it on the floor (this one being the hardest to do, as from what I understand, it has to replace an item that is already on the floor). This may not be what you are asking, but for what it’s worth.

Faces are actually very easy as long as you replace the existing faces in the LOD file with the same exact expression. For example, if it is a face animation where they look left, then you replace it with a new face that looks left. It can be a bit tedious, but if you want to do it 100% correct, you have to go through each of the 56 face animations, and design each one according to the facial expressions provided by the original game. So, if you do the math, there are potentially 24 characters to choose from and each one has 56 face animations, so that’s 1344 faces you would have to do one by one matching each facial expression to the original. That doesn’t even include the Lich and Zombie animations. But, I can say to go through each one by one is very annoying, and I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to match the facial expressions exactly. Though you made an entire character party replacement, so you know how much work had to be put into it.

Also, your maps are white because the maps are looking at the Bitmaps.LOD file for their associated textures, and they aren’t there because you took the maps from MM6, and those textures are not in the MM7 file. If you want the maps to display correctly, you would need to put the associated textures into the MM7 Bitmaps.LOD directory according to how they are in the MM6 file. Though this would prove to be pointless because as you figured out that MM6 maps can not be used in MM7 because they are coded differently. If you figure away around that though, then that is what would need to be done in order for the maps to display correctly (You could also go into the MM8 level editor and rename what textures that map is suppose to use and give it completely new textures). Again, you may already know all this, but for what it’s worth.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 17:09

I wanted to add new weapons to extend game's standart ones!
A wanted to add +5 staves and add sprites for them. And I wanted the game engine to automaticaly generate this new stuff - not putting 1 item into whole game like it is artifact.

Also I know how to do textured map from MM6 into MM6 but differences in codes make this new map unplayable!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Dec 2008, 17:09

Vector wrote: I’m sure you already know some of this by now, and sorry that this is such a late response, but it is actually very easy to add stuff to the game and as you say ‘activate’ them. There are easy ways to get around this; for example, if you add a new item in the ITEMS.LOD file, that item won’t be in the game unless you put it somewhere. There are multiple ways to put this item in the game for players to use: you can put it in a chest for example, you can use the event language to place it on a particular sprite, or you can place it on the floor (this one being the hardest to do, as from what I understand, it has to replace an item that is already on the floor). This may not be what you are asking, but for what it’s worth.

With respect to adding items to a game map....

Here's what I have used.

1. Items can be easily placed in a chest (.ddm/.dlv databases of GAMES.LOD)

2. Items can be added to map coordinates using the Items entries (.ddm/.dlv databases of GAMES.LOD)

3. Items can actually be spawned using the Spawn Points entries (.odm/.blv databases in GAMES.LOD)

4. NEVER replace a sprite with an item.

For what it is worth ...

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 15 Dec 2008, 17:36

vladimir-maestro wrote:I wanted to add new weapons to extend game's standart ones!
A wanted to add +5 staves and add sprites for them. And I wanted the game engine to automaticaly generate this new stuff - not putting 1 item into whole game like it is artifact.

Also I know how to do textured map from MM6 into MM6 but differences in codes make this new map unplayable!
There is actually only one way around this without having to re-code anything, and I'm afraid it won't be what you are looking for. I'm just picking these numbers at random, but lets say there are slots for 6 staffs, 5 spears, 5 halbers, 5 tridents, etc, you can take away from one weapon type and add to another; if you do this, the weapons will still spawn like any other standard weapon. So if you want to add 3 staffs to the game, you could end up with 9 staffs, 4 spears, 4 haldbers, 4 tridents, etc etc.

Just add a new bitmap image to the Items LOD file, and then open the items.txt file and change one weapon type to another and then associate the new weapon with the appropriate image file. If you want to avoid as much modification as possible, substitute items with the same treasure level, or at least get it close.

It is very simplistic, you may have already thought of it, and it may not be what you are looking for, but it's the only way I know of. Big Daddy Jim may know a way to strait up add them and spawn correctly by using the game code, though it's beyond me as most of my knowledge is in graphic design.
Big Daddy Jim wrote:
With respect to adding items to a game map....

Here's what I have used.

1. Items can be easily placed in a chest (.ddm/.dlv databases of GAMES.LOD)

2. Items can be added to map coordinates using the Items entries (.ddm/.dlv databases of GAMES.LOD)

3. Items can actually be spawned using the Spawn Points entries (.odm/.blv databases in GAMES.LOD)

4. NEVER replace a sprite with an item.

For what it is worth ...

BDJ
I've never tried the spawn points in the map files before. At least I know if one way fails, there are multiple other ways in doing so. I usually take the easiest way possible though.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 15 Dec 2008, 18:11

You won't belive!!!!
I didn't think about it =)

There are many items like that! For example - long daggers - there are 3 of them but they are the same as simple ones.

Or tridents - still the spear but called differently =)

I'll notice this for MM6 MOD.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 15 Dec 2008, 18:26

vladimir-maestro wrote:You won't belive!!!!
I didn't think about it =)

There are many items like that! For example - long daggers - there are 3 of them but they are the same as simple ones.

Or tridents - still the spear but called differently =)

I'll notice this for MM6 MOD.
Glad to have helped you out then! ;)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Dec 2008, 23:39

I'm still confused about the new classes. Are they all the same as before, but just have a different name? Or do they also have higher or lower skill levels than before?

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 16 Dec 2008, 02:12

The new classes have different skill levels than before. Alchemists, for instance, can GrandMaster Repair right from the start. (That's a good test for whether the new classes are working properly in your game.)

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 16 Dec 2008, 04:35

Maestro Mod v2.7 is available to download from my site.
Your perception determines your experience.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Dec 2008, 06:41

Variol wrote:I'm still confused about the new classes. Are they all the same as before, but just have a different name? Or do they also have higher or lower skill levels than before?
They've got not only different names - they've got differ skills for training.

Alchemists - are craftsfull masters of alchemy and item creations. So they'vve got good skills in ID items, repair, alchemy and water magic.

Barbarian - ultimate machine of destruction - grand in axe, club, leather armor.

Crusader - leader of the fighters. has got perfect skills in plate, shield, sword, spirit magic. Spirit magic at grand is his only ability!!! Even Acolyte cannot reach this level

E.t.c.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 16 Dec 2008, 07:03

Hurrah! I've loaded it and it works! My fearless adventurers have secured Castle Harmondale.

Thanks so much, Vladimir, for this great mod. :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Dec 2008, 07:15

ck out Orc Women now ;)
They've changed from greeny "shrek" women :)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Dec 2008, 11:47

I just created a new party and the Acolyte only gets master in Water magic, the same as Earth. Does this mean I did not do something in the install? I know you said something about moving or changing files around, but that means nothing to me.
We're obviously "not" all modders. So to me, right now, it looks like the same game with the class names changed.

Where is the read me file files that lists all the benefits of the new classes?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 16 Dec 2008, 13:19

DarthVadre wrote:Maestro Mod v2.7 is available to download from my site.
Highly recommended! I downloaded the ZIPPed mod in under 25 minutes!

Thanks, DarthVadre!

Big Daddy Jim
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 16 Dec 2008, 20:08

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Highly recommended! I downloaded the ZIPPed mod in under 25 minutes!

Thanks, DarthVadre!

Big Daddy Jim
No problem.
Your perception determines your experience.

Ins
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ins » 13 Jun 2009, 13:22

for a photoshop user, you sure lack the eye for detail.
the quality of your models done (ripped) in photoshop is too low. it looks like the only thing you did was use the function where it cuts everything automatically. could be 10x as pretty, for real. what a waste.
it's called a lack of effort son. white ugly edges are unnecessary.

other than that, good to see something new for MM7 yet again.

edit: and damn people.. torrents are not illegal. what the torrent may contain COULD be illegal, if it's a new game your downloading for example.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 14 Jun 2009, 00:21

Ins wrote:for a photoshop user, you sure lack the eye for detail.
the quality of your models done (ripped) in photoshop is too low. it looks like the only thing you did was use the function where it cuts everything automatically. could be 10x as pretty, for real. what a waste.
it's called a lack of effort son. white ugly edges are unnecessary.

other than that, good to see something new for MM7 yet again.

edit: and damn people.. torrents are not illegal. what the torrent may contain COULD be illegal, if it's a new game your downloading for example.

I'd really enjoy seeing some of your contributions to the MM Community.

I'm afraid I am somewhat artistically 'challenged', and could not produce a stick-figure that would pass for either fish or foul. However, this was a first graphic effort for the Maestro, and to me and most of the Celestial Heavens Might and Magic community that played this mod-of-a-mod, it was graphically enjoyable.

However, I'd really love to see your artwork in 'action'. Could you point me and the rest of this community to the game/games that are published or currently being enjoyed that contain some of your fine creature sprite sets, 'stills', SMKs and the-like? I'm sure this entire community would enjoy the fruit of your diligence and labor in producing a complete, playable and graphically-enhanced game.

Anxiously awaiting the links to your game downloads.

Big Daddy Jim

Return to “Might and Magic”