[NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 02 Dec 2008, 12:09

Switching the video settings on 3D acceleration can helps.
When you switch on blended image - game starts to use HWL files - they were developed in MM7. So I think it is more latest version that can ignore some critical mistakes of the game.

It just a guess, I'm not sure about it. But about 9 years ago I had the same idea of switching video settings on my "pirate" MM7 game versions - that was full of bugs :devil:

When I had original licence game - there were less bugs and game works stable in any video settings B-)

By the way, I added 1st female NPC! Wait an hour for the screens =)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Dec 2008, 20:47

"Maestro" and "Vladimir-Maestro" mods are the same? (if not what differences?) Look very good, really must try it!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 02 Dec 2008, 20:53

Maestro and Vladimir-Maestro are the same person - me =)
I was not sure if Maestro nickname was busy and decide to registered under vladimir-maestro ;)
So MOD is the one:) try it in a week after fixing all bugs.
-------------
Interesting thing:
BDJ's items do not visible on paper doll! I fixed all invisible sprites - all items are visible now but BDJ's NO!
I wonder if these items has got proper sprite IDs. So they visible in inventory and do not have sprite ID on paper doll.
BDJ, any ideas?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Dec 2008, 21:21

vladimir-maestro wrote:Interesting thing:
BDJ's items do not visible on paper doll! I fixed all invisible sprites - all items are visible now but BDJ's NO!
I wonder if these items has got proper sprite IDs. So they visible in inventory and do not have sprite ID on paper doll.
BDJ, any ideas?

According to the storyline, this panoply should be invisible.

Sir BunGleau, Baron of Post Lost, was the greatest Hero in Erathia's history. So great were his deeds and so noble his demeanor that the Saints of Selinas offered him a shiny panoply endowed with boons beyond measure. But the humble knight refused their offer, remarking that he could not, in good conscience, wear such a flamboyant display of privilege. So the Saints offered to enchant the armor with invisibility if he would but openly wear the gauntlets to signify their blessing upon him. To this he agreed.

When he retired, the Saints hid his armor and placed six scrolls about the countryside. It is said that if the secret of these scrolls is unlocked, it will reveal the location of a map indicating where this treasure may be found.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 02 Dec 2008, 22:12

;) You will need another armor to be able to repir this invisible one :)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 03 Dec 2008, 18:31

vladimir-maestro wrote:;) You will need another armor to be able to repir this invisible one :)
Plus, you can't see if the various parts are broken. You can't harden them either, because they're Artifacts. So you have to decide, is this fabulous Panoply really worth the aggravation? My decision is usually "This gear is so fantastic, I must wear it no matter what the cost!" The result is my roommate asking me why I'm so often tearing my hair out.

BDJ, you have a wicked imagination.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 03 Dec 2008, 19:22

Herry Hardfoot wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote:;) You will need another armor to be able to repir this invisible one :)
Plus, you can't see if the various parts are broken. You can't harden them either, because they're Artifacts. So you have to decide, is this fabulous Panoply really worth the aggravation? My decision is usually "This gear is so fantastic, I must wear it no matter what the cost!" The result is my roommate asking me why I'm so often tearing my hair out.

:D

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 03 Dec 2008, 19:36

Herry Hardfoot wrote:

I second the :D.... and resemble that remark!
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 03 Dec 2008, 19:52

Vladimir-maestro, do you mind if I host the mod for download on my website?
Your perception determines your experience.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Dec 2008, 22:53

Why not?!
Just wait for the final version ;)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 03 Dec 2008, 23:13

Did anyone notice the flying cauldron in the Barrows?
It is north in the near of the ghost house outside of the regular map.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 03 Dec 2008, 23:23

Captain, as things heat up, they expand, and are therefor less dense, and if the object becomes lighter than the air, it will float on the heavier air.

Ok I was just coming up with some stupid excuse for that. It's probably enchanted or something. :disagree:

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 03 Dec 2008, 23:27

;)

My first guess was, it's flying because of the ghosts.
Or did anyone noticed, the splashing sound of dropping items into water at emerald isle?
Well, maybe some others have found some more strange things.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 03 Dec 2008, 23:31

Hey I'm wondering:
In BDJ's mod it says 'have fun exploring Vori'. What's that about? Did Might and Magic 7 have secret maps? If that's the case that's quite a waste of space.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 04 Dec 2008, 02:57

That cauldron is part of BDJ's Rev4 mod. You'll find you can't quite reach it... much like a treasure chest in... Paradise Valley, I think.

And Vori.... Vori is just as real as she ever was... ;)
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Dec 2008, 06:30

Could you made icons.lod in zip file? Because am build my own mod and i dont want too much changes around entire game. Anyway i need some advice, do you have list of face reactions? On which number is what reaction.. (somehow i cant solve it myself just by watching on faces)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 04 Dec 2008, 07:10

There are not any secret maps in MM7 BDJ or Maestro MOD.
There are old maps that can be called "Vori"...
I do not remember - author can answer this...but maybe NWC or Clanker's Laboratory are some places on Vori now.
-----------------
I tried to add new maps into MM7 - they are untextured, all white...also I'm not sure if party can get to new maps - thats why I asked some people from MMX. Actually it is rather easy to add new stuff into LOD files but all the stuff I can add will be useless until to write and describe new items in game code (I have no idea how to do such things). There are possibility to add some more weapons or armors to extend the game but have you got an idea where to activate new stuff :)
------------------
About faces:
Nether do I! I have no idea what kind of expresions face uses! I just tried to guess when created them. I had some mistakes about that too. Just try to buy some stuff in shops - some face animations will be "angry or sad" but must be happy and smiling :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Dec 2008, 08:38

Ok i will experiment, am trying to transfer faces from mm6 to mm7 and there is some differences in amount of reactions. Other question, mm7view is unable to load some images (only save them) maybe mm8level editor could handle this?
Last edited by koval321 on 05 Dec 2008, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 04 Dec 2008, 10:47

That makes me wonder... how much does the MMX team actually know about modding the engine? Too bad the project's on hold for now.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 04 Dec 2008, 11:43

I'm just making some tutorial how to replace standart monsters with new ones (sprites).
I also can make the tutorial how to replace paper doll (now i know how it must be done)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Return to “Might and Magic”