World of Xeen Party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

World of Xeen Party

Unread postby Psychobabble » 12 Feb 2006, 08:26

I managed to get my old world of xeen working (thankyou doxbox!) and I was going to play through it again. I was thinking of going with a custom party, does anyone have recommendations for makeup? I'm not necessarily looking for the most powerful combo, just something which will be interesting. If you could give me an approximate guide to what stats I should be looking for in the various classes, too, that would be great :).

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Feb 2006, 02:09

If I'm not mistaken, I usually do my standard fare: Knight, Paladin, Cleric, Wizard, Thief, Archer... or something like that. I like a healthy balance of fighting and magic.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Mamoru-kun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mamoru-kun » 17 Feb 2006, 15:27

Hi Psychobabble!

I bought M&M Millennium one week ago on eBay, and installed WOX first as I wanted to play it again too :-)...except that, for me, as it is a CD version, I have to run a Win95 emulator to have the game running :|
Well, I have too two questions:
1) why starting with a hand-made party? Why don't you like the primary characters?
2) do you have speeches in the game? I think that they are only available on the CD version, but mines anyway can be heard for appreciatively half a second, then the scene goes to the next speech. In other words, the speeches are completely not understandable. Would you have the same problem?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 18 Feb 2006, 01:13

I remember the different choices having different resistances. They also had certain benefits and drawbacks. I'm pretty certain that http://www.rpgclassics.com/ has information on the different characters, classes and professions. It should be a good resource on picking the characters.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 19 Feb 2006, 01:23

Mamoru-kun wrote:Hi Psychobabble!

I bought M&M Millennium one week ago on eBay, and installed WOX first as I wanted to play it again too :-)...except that, for me, as it is a CD version, I have to run a Win95 emulator to have the game running :|
Well, I have too two questions:
1) why starting with a hand-made party? Why don't you like the primary characters?
I've played throught the game before and I wanted to try something different. In the end I didn't change much, I just subbed an archer for the... I can't remember what the guy I removed was. He was the default F3. Archers kind of suck, though, I should have made a ninja.
2) do you have speeches in the game? I think that they are only available on the CD version, but mines anyway can be heard for appreciatively half a second, then the scene goes to the next speech. In other words, the speeches are completely not understandable. Would you have the same problem?
There's very little speech in the game, but I had the same problem as you until I ran the install file and when it asked me if I wanted to let the game set the voice/music balance I said yes and then it worked. I set my sound card as the best sound blaster available.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 19 Feb 2006, 14:13

about the sound problem - I had that, turns out that the game wanted to run off of one type of sound card and the computer thought the game wanted to run off of another, so that was the big problem. Try just going with different sound blasters, see what one finally works.

about WoX classes - I just went with the premade ones, but I think the archer guy I had was the suckiest. Other than that, I dunno much about it really.

Mamoru-kun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mamoru-kun » 20 Feb 2006, 10:59

Beuuu...nothing worked for me :-( But hey, having the written text is not so bad after all. At least it's easier to understand when you are not english native ;-)

Return to “Might and Magic”