MM9 and LoMM Vista loading video problem fix

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Skraelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM9 and LoMM Vista loading video problem fix

Unread postby Skraelos » 22 Aug 2008, 23:19

Topic's title is a little complicated but I'm sure you've understood what does it mean.

But if you didn't understand I'll remind you:
When you start the game (example is MM9, but the problem is totally the same in LoMM) the boat 'travells' on the screen, then it stops, you hear the music, 'hello' and you can even hear sounds of your party jumping, hitting walls etc - but you don't see any graphics.

Some people have noticed that alttabing to windows and then back to game can help.

Well, I've just found a much better way. First of all I've turned off Aero style, just as a test. And this test showed me that I'm on the right way - the problem was fixed.
But then I've decided to make an even better solution - I was too lazy to turn it off and on each time. So now, the fix is the following:
Go to lithtech.exe compatibility tab and turn off desktop composition. You can leave everything else unchecked (including "visual styles" option).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Aug 2008, 05:46

Thank you!
Integrated to FAQ promptly.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Aug 2008, 16:16

What is LoMM? ;|
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 23 Aug 2008, 16:43

Legends of Might and Magic.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Return to “Might and Magic”